Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I was of that stance but after enduring 11 rounds of Billings last year I'm not so sure anymore!

Exactly.

I'll never forget the pain.

Reactions: nawtay

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Heeney and Dunkley are my biggest concerns. More so Heeney. Looks underdone and not playing the midfield mins I expected. I still think Dunkley has a lot of upside. He's getting enough midfield time, just a bit of a slow start to the season.

Thinking Heeney -> T.Kelly this week as my only correction trade. Don't need to correct rookies at this stage.

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I did Mills to Rocky last week and will likely trade Heeney to Lloyd this week. Mills isn't playing the role I thought he would be and Heeney's foot injury is a concern. At this stage I haven't got any rookies that need correcting so I'm happy to use the trades on premium corrections.
This is my situation, but with Dusty instead of Mills.

Took a risk on skipping Lloyd and waiting for him to drop but it won't happen any time soon and each week I don't have him, he's costing me points.

Dusty and Heeney for Rocky and Lloyd. On my projections it should increase my points on ground by 30 or so a week. I allow 2 correction trades a year. And this is what I'm using them for.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
This is my situation, but with Dusty instead of Mills.

Took a risk on skipping Lloyd and waiting for him to drop but it won't happen any time soon and each week I don't have him, he's costing me points.

Dusty and Heeney for Rocky and Lloyd. On my projections it should increase my points on ground by 30 or so a week. I allow 2 correction trades a year. And this is what I'm using them for.

I've got Dusty as well. :oops:

Dunno what I'm doing to do with him yet.

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
I'm thinking Mills to Lloyd and Hore to Constable (via Duursma) depending on teams as I'm carrying Ridley and Collins who wasn't exactly 100% guaranteed to play, leaving me risking a donut in round 2. (I started with $275k cash to help make 2 corrections prior to round 3)
I'm happy enough with my rookies otherwise and willing to hold Heeney for the time being.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I've got Dusty as well. :oops:

Dunno what I'm doing to do with him yet.
I'm only moving him on because I have no other issues... and a little bit of Rocky envy. I think at worst he averages 105 which makes him an easy upgrade, and not the worst to hang onto for the time being. I had hoped for some value and a 115 avg, but it looks like that role of 2017 was a one off so I'm happy to cut my losses early. I won't pick him again unless it's as a fwd/mid dpp. Firmly believe 2017 was a one off.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I'm only moving him on because I have no other issues... and a little bit of Rocky envy. I think at worst he averages 105 which makes him an easy upgrade, and not the worst to hang onto for the time being. I had hoped for some value and a 115 avg, but it looks like that role of 2017 was a one off so I'm happy to cut my losses early. I won't pick him again unless it's as a fwd/mid dpp. Firmly believe 2017 was a one off.

At the moment I'm set on Dusty/Heeney to Boak/Lloyd. Trading Dusty out really helps with the structure of my team.

Watch me change my plans 50 times before lock out. :rolleyes:

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
What are people’s thoughts on Greene?

Mills has to go, can’t tie up that much cash in a guy who’s not getting opportunity.

Heeney I think is good, once he gets over his ankle issue.

Thinking, Mills to Constable via Duursma and possibly Greene to Lloyd via Burgess.

Def: Whitfield, Mills, Williams, Smith, Collins, Burgess (Hore, Scrimshaw)

Mid: Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Martin, M Crouch, Walsh, Duursma, Scott (Butters, Atkins, Gibbons)

Ruc:Grundy, Gawn (Bines)

Fwd: Danger, Heendog, Moore, Setterfield, Drew, Parker (Greene, Petrucelle)

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
What are people’s thoughts on Greene?

Mills has to go, can’t tie up that much cash in a guy who’s not getting opportunity.

Heeney I think is good, once he gets over his ankle issue.

Thinking, Mills to Constable via Duursma and possibly Greene to Lloyd via Burgess.

Def: Whitfield, Mills, Williams, Smith, Collins, Burgess (Hore, Scrimshaw)

Mid: Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Martin, M Crouch, Walsh, Duursma, Scott (Butters, Atkins, Gibbons)

Ruc:Grundy, Gawn (Bines)

Fwd: Danger, Heendog, Moore, Setterfield, Drew, Parker (Greene, Petrucelle)
If you're happy to keep Heeney then those moves are good. The forward rookies you have on field are scoring well, and Greene is always a week to week proposition. He should be #1 on everyone's Never Again list haha

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
Couple of options and no idea which to go for.

Straight forward Mills to Brodie and then Billings to Tim Kelly

or
Dusty to Rocky and then pivot Mills to Kelly via Moore to the backline.

Thoughts? I do feel as though Dusty might go off this weekend and feel a little silly trading a premium.
Dunno.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015

or

Thoughts? I do feel as though Dusty might go off this weekend and feel a little silly trading a premium.
Dunno.

Out of those three I think Mills and Billings should be your priority to move on.

Dusty is a concern but I think he's more likely to have a good game than Mills or Billings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prospector

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
I'm thinking Nic Newman as my Callum Mills correction at the moment.

He's passed the eye test in rounds 1 & 2 and I feel more confident with him than I would with Brodie Smith or Zac Williams.

I've got one other correction trade that I will do, just not sure whether I'm going to use it on Dusty or Heeney. Leaning towards Heeney at this stage as his seems like more of a lingering injury issue whereas Dusty just had a bad game which he was tagged out of after scoring 109 in round 1. Will probably be Heeney > Kelly.

I think Boak is also a good option but think Kelly is more likely to continue his scoring, whereas Boak does have a slight risk of reverting to an 85 average when the other Port midfielders return.

Reactions: Steve

evawes

Patron '19
Mar 12, 2019
Mills to Brodie Smith and Heeney to Tim Kelly for me. Not 100% happy with this and worry at least one of these trades are sideways but Kelly seems too good to pass up on this form and Mills seems to be under-performing compared to expectations.

Yeah I rate this as probably the best option out there if you dont have extra cash to burn.

I'm in the scenario where I have Duursma in my midfield. I'm going to trade Mills to Rocky, and flip Duursma up back. I probably wouldn't trade in Rocky otherwise but Mills > Rocky is sweet.

How about Heeney to Lloyd, and flipping someone forward like Moore or Burgess?

evawes

Patron '19
Mar 12, 2019
I have all the must have rookies, except Hore is potentially a non-player on my bench. I have Mills and Heeney (and Dunkley!). No one obvious to trade in for Hore. Do i prioritise Mills and Heeney, over Mills and Hore?

The other factor is Ive had a HORRID start with poor/unlucky captain picks (Gawn then Coniglio) and playing some poor rookie scores. I feel like some aggression needed to pick me up.

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
I have all the must have rookies, except Hore is potentially a non-player on my bench. I have Mills and Heeney (and Dunkley!). No one obvious to trade in for Hore. Do i prioritise Mills and Heeney, over Mills and Hore?

The other factor is Ive had a HORRID start with poor/unlucky captain picks (Gawn then Coniglio) and playing some poor rookie scores. I feel like some aggression needed to pick me up.

I think you have to check the balance of your team mate. As you said you've had unlucky capt choices. Without knowing your squad I'd say if you're still scoring say 2100's in the first 2 weeks with the capts going astray then I wouldn't panic. Mills is probably a trade you can make but I'd prob just hold off on Heeney if you're team is scoring fairly well besides your capt and Mills' underwhelming scores. Mills to Brodie Smith might be the go and will give you some extra cash going into upgrading down the track.

Very tricky situation with Heeney. Tread carefully guys!

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017

or

Dunno.
How is Billings an issue? Scoring around his price and has had 28 disposals (most for Saints) each game. Clearly getting midfield time. Surely he's a hold and see if his scores go up...

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
How is Billings an issue? Scoring around his price and has had 28 disposals (most for Saints) each game. Clearly getting midfield time. Surely he's a hold and see if his scores go up...
I think Billings will average 90-95. He's playing wing-outside mid rather than inside-mid. He doesn't get many CPs or tackles.
If I started him I would hold but I won't be bringing him in.

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
With no cheap forward options, I can't bring in Lloyd for Mills and trade Heeney for a forward so should I swing Burgess into the forward line ( with Moore) in order to get Brodie Smith down back?

It means being very light on forwards but at least can look and wait to see who to get up forward. Not sure if having 2 dpp F/Ds in one position and would have to play another rookie on the field (likely Setterfield).

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
With no cheap forward options, I can't bring in Lloyd for Mills and trade Heeney for a forward so should I swing Burgess into the forward line ( with Moore) in order to get Brodie Smith down back?

It means being very light on forwards but at least can look and wait to see who to get up forward. Not sure if having 2 dpp F/Ds in one position and would have to play another rookie on the field (likely Setterfield).
Sounds like a similar setup to me now. I ditched Heeney for Lloyd which means having Burgess on my forward bench with Moore at F3. Using the same logic as you, gives me a chance to wait til the forwards settle down and for now, the forward rookies seem to be scoring ok. I'll also have one of Setterfield or Petrucelle on field for the meantime.

Reactions: Gawn Armi Witts

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Would really like your trade ideas.

Laird, Whitfield, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Hore, Clark, Burgess
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Dusty, Walsh, Drew, Scott, Constable, Atkins, Gibbons
Gawn, Grundy, Bines
Danger, Heeney, D Smith, D Moore,Setterfield, Parker, Petruccelle, Balta
$127K left

Are there any rookies I should be exchanging replacing.
Should I try to get Lloyd into my backline.
This is still after tonight's game. Should I trade Hore
I don't have Butters for example or Libba

Thanks in advance