Round 21 - Did you survive Finals Week 1?

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Survived round 1 of the finals. On to Round 2. Have 15 common players with my opponent, who has *Crossley/Grundy & Ahern/Walters loophole.

Attached are the differences. Its likely they will have to trade to cover Gaff. Wondering where my biggest points make up could be. Can double trade to get anyone up to $549k (or side swap the weakest link in my team) - Kenedy, Martin, Howe, Robinson as have $146k in the kity with 3 trades.

Thinking I'll double trade at this stage...Leaves 1 trade for injury for finals Rd3 & 4. Must win...

What are peoples strategies? Maximise POD or match your opponents best scorers ?

Attachments

• matchup.jpg
    matchup.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Coach Craig

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
My strategy with this week is a bit of both; make sure I hedge against my opponents PODs with an eye on the following weeks.

Traded Walters for Menegola last week so fingers crossed he can get the job done against the Hawks this week.

Am stuck with Gaff with 2 trades left so need to figure out what to do there, fortunately I have $100k in the bank so should be pretty flexible with that move.

Reactions: Prospector

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
With Gaff out I'm looking at a sub 550k option in Zorko, Duncan, Crouch, etc. Very tempted by a dpp in Menegola as I will likely need the coverage. Thoughts?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
With Gaff out I'm looking at a sub 550k option in Zorko, Duncan, Crouch, etc. Very tempted by a dpp in Menegola as I will likely need the coverage. Thoughts?
I'd probably go Macrae if you can afford $551,400.
If not, then I think that Zorko is your best choice - 115.3 av. since he came good in rnd.7. He has a decent run-home with Collingwood (A), GCS (MS) and WCE (H).
Crouch had been good since he came back in the team in rnd.15. - 110.5 av.
Coniglio and Whitfield have both been good but they have Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne
If you really want a M/F then I reckon it's a toss-up between Menegola, Dunkley and Wingard. Menegola has the best fixture with Hawthorn (MCG) then two home games against GCS and Carlton. But he can be up and down. Dunkley and Wingard both average about 105 since becoming more-or-less permanent midfielders but they have harder games than Menegola.

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
Anyone have any preferences on the bubble boys? My bench is weak, as I have people like Logan Austin, Tim Smith, Ridley & Keefe in there.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Anyone have any preferences on the bubble boys? My bench is weak, as I have people like Logan Austin, Tim Smith, Ridley & Keefe in there.
Unless you face a donut, why bother?
There are a few one-game players whose job security is probably as good as any of those on the bubble.
Def: AJohnson - $102,400
Mid: N Freeman - $125,900
Fwd: A Bonar (F/M) - $157,800

If you must, then Hinkley seems happy with K Farrell (D/M) - $117,300

Cripptonite

Patron '18
May 23, 2017
Hi all, after some advice...

Won my final this week so through to the Prelim in my cash league. I have 4 trades left and 80k in the bank.
I have Gaff who will need to be traded, but other than that I have no other issues.

My question is, do I;

1- trade Gaff to Macrae (or someone else) this week, so that next week I have 2 trades to use (so that 1 of them is not tied up with the Gaff replacement)

or

2 - hold off until next week (in case my Gaff replacement gets injured or something horrible!).

Wondering what people would be leaning towards?

Cheers,

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018

Won my final this week so through to the Prelim in my cash league. I have 4 trades left and 80k in the bank.
I have Gaff who will need to be traded, but other than that I have no other issues.

My question is, do I;

1- trade Gaff to Macrae (or someone else) this week, so that next week I have 2 trades to use (so that 1 of them is not tied up with the Gaff replacement)

or

2 - hold off until next week (in case my Gaff replacement gets injured or something horrible!).

Cheers,
Option 2.

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
Can't get Gaff to Macrae as I only have $528K
Options are Crouch or Ward or potentially Whitfield.

Thoughts?

Geoff123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Aug 10, 2017
If in the worst case Gawn is a late out ( I notice pederson has been named) would Goldstein be a reasonable late trade with having two trades left after gaff to Macrae ? Or better to just eat the donut and hope Gawn back next week.
Just want a plan in the lower chance risk he is out.

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
If in the worst case Gawn is a late out ( I notice pederson has been named) would Goldstein be a reasonable late trade with having two trades left after gaff to Macrae ? Or better to just eat the donut and hope Gawn back next week.
Just want a plan in the lower chance risk he is out.
trade.
No trade will cost you over 100 points.
There is not 100 points difference in Gawn over Goldy over the last 2 weeks.

Reactions: Geoff123

Fiasco

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 14, 2015
I’ve got 1 cash league left this week and need to get the win against my arch rival. Unfortunately he’s got a much better team than me with Yeo, Jake Lloyd and Josh Kelly to my Webster, Crisp and JPK. The rest of our teams are pretty much the same.
Only got 2 trades left and no cash so not a heap of options.
Do you think I should do a 1 down 1 up and get rid of JPK for a pod like Zorko and hope he goes nuts or try to get Webster up to Yeo/Lloyd to negate a pod for him.
The other option is to trade JPK and Webster to 2 Richmond players because they’re playing Gold Coast and hope they score 130’s each, like Lambert and Ellis or something. Probably a bit of a Hail mary.

Fisker FC

Patron '18
Apr 21, 2017
I’ve got 1 cash league left this week and need to get the win against my arch rival. Unfortunately he’s got a much better team than me with Yeo, Jake Lloyd and Josh Kelly to my Webster, Crisp and JPK. The rest of our teams are pretty much the same.
Only got 2 trades left and no cash so not a heap of options.
Do you think I should do a 1 down 1 up and get rid of JPK for a pod like Zorko and hope he goes nuts or try to get Webster up to Yeo/Lloyd to negate a pod for him.
The other option is to trade JPK and Webster to 2 Richmond players because they’re playing Gold Coast and hope they score 130’s each, like Lambert and Ellis or something. Probably a bit of a Hail mary.

I may do something similar.
JPK (443k) to Jelwood (466k) - a big 160SC last week, always loves a big clash and has hawks this week.
Then SC prelim and grand final rounds 22/23 cats have 2 home games against Freo and Gold Coast ;)
If you can't find 23K then Lambert might be an option but wouldn't be surprised if he dished up a 60-90

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015

My question is, do I;

or

Cheers,

Definitely option 2

Reactions: Cripptonite

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Traded Howe to crisp. Right decision...

May need a gamble this afternoon to beat my opponent. May side swap Heeney to Mundy. Will only leave me one trade, but it's elimination. Win or go home.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Traded Howe to crisp. Right decision...

May need a gamble this afternoon to beat my opponent. May side swap Heeney to Mundy. Will only leave me one trade, but it's elimination. Win or go home.
Forgot to trade....opponent had gawn as captain....I'm back in the game. It's Neale vs Cripps.....Gunna be close.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Forgot to trade....opponent had gawn as captain....I'm back in the game. It's Neale vs Cripps.....Gunna be close.
Howd you go?

I went Cripps as captain over Macrae, lost a matchup by 13 points. Frustrating. Paddy looked like he was going large until early in the 3rd.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Howd you go?

I went Cripps as captain over Macrae, lost a matchup by 13 points. Frustrating. Paddy looked like he was going large until early in the 3rd.
Got the win - albeit by 30 points :) - actually won all four of my league matches. 2463 in the end, got me top 1% for the round, still a long way off the top score of 2600+

Preliminary final's here we come..with two trades & $149K in the bank

Reactions: Steve and Rob86