Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Response to the post on the other thread about the bubble boys this week.

Ahern and Mihocek have the bye this week. So does Taylor from GWS. Single gamers Redman and Smith also on the bye. Battle is the other single-gamer who will play this week but will have his bye in round 14.

True bubble boys are limited to Giro, Roarke Smith and Apeness. Giro looks a legit option as Ross is playing the kids and he's $102k. He's a ball magnet in the WAFL, but his disposal lets him down. Not sure many would consider Apeness at his inflated price. Or Roarke Smith for that matter.

In a nutshell, it's really an upgrade week. At best you could go 1 down - 2 up. I wouldn't really recommend doing 2 downgrades this week unless you are overflowing with playing players this week.

Edit - The other option to keep in mind is Brodie. Inflated price and hasn't scored well, but surely must keep getting games. Gold Coast won't gain anything by playing guys like him in the NEAFL every week.

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
upgrade targets are actually limited.
Gaff would be on my radar but my midfield is full.
Simpson is a chance although I have 6 backs playing this week.
already have Nic Nat and Gawn.
and no real forwards I like.

I must say I am considering side swapping Dusty to Gaff given Dusty has 2 more weeks off and is nowhere near the Dusty of 2017.

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Hows everyone looking trade wise with my planned trades i should have 19 on field this week then 22 the following week with a fully upgrade team next week with 6 trades remaining. also thoughts on cripps vs curnow ive gone curnow as a POD?

Reactions: Centroprise

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
Hows everyone looking trade wise with my planned trades i should have 19 on field this week then 22 the following week with a fully upgrade team next week with 6 trades remaining. also thoughts on cripps vs curnow ive gone curnow as a POD?

Curnow is definitely a better choice than Cripps. Cripps looks tired and injured and might be rested or injured before long. In saying that I would have Gaff over both of them if you don't have him

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
I am bringing in Curnow. 6th best midfielder by average. Need to move Fritsch and guelfi to do it two trades though.

Reactions: Tandy

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Looking at bringing in Gunston this week & downgrading Andrew Brayshaw to hopefully Dawson from GC if he gets named, if not, Giro.

I was tempted by JJKennedy but combination of their draw & not being confident he's actually 100% puts me off,

Carlton's draw opens up a bit now they should be competitive in most game could take a flyer on Charlie Curnow to break out, it is a matter of when not if with him.

Jeremey Cameron has had a busted foot most of the season assuming he's over that now should finish the season well

Jordan De Goey's performance on Monday will probably be seen a outlier by most but it does look like they are going to play him in the guts when they come up against a very good contested team & leave him forward in the other games, would only take 1-2 big games forward to complement his midfield games for him to score really well.

Outside of Heeney & McLean not confident on any forwards really.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I'm a little undecided what to do this week. Looking at forward and defender upgrades, but it's a little bit of a struggle.

Yeo and McLean are the obvious 2 I don't have. However, both have 140+ BE's and had a low score last game - so will see 2 weeks of high BE's and price drops. So I could just cough up the higher price, but have a couple of upgrades in each line to do so could wait just as easily when both are $30-50k cheaper. I also need to factor in both teams have tough runs home.

Other post-bye options I'm looking at are very sketchy:
- Suckling, Hurn and McGovern are the backline options - yuck....
- JJK up forward - meh....
- Westhoff - had him a couple of years ago and he was very frustrating. Don't think I can justify paying $450k+ for him as I think he'll score more 80's than he will tons. Unless Ryder gets a LTI...
- Gray - bagged him out as he looked crap on the weekend in the first half. He was pure midfield in the 2nd half, but not sure he scored very well. But, he still scored 90+ so he might be the best of a bad bunch?
- Wingard - a sneaky little option. If he keeps getting midfield minutes he's a steal at that price. There was word that he was injured or just completely devoid of confidence, but has turned things around and with Port's easy run home he's a tempting option.

Thoughts?

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Reconsidering Curnow vs JKelly after his bye.

If I do reconsider, will need to upgrade the forward line. Top 10 currently based on average:
TMac (dont have)
Heeney (dont have)
McClean (tick)
Gray (nope)
Siciliy (tick)
Westoff (nope)
Franklin (nope)
Robinson (tick)
Darling, acres, menegola and hogan (no....)

@Lowrider follow the pack to take Gray? Like Westoff, McClean and Sicily all had the bye, like you said best of a bad bunch.

Or do you ask for punishment and pick up Billings (if he is named) and after his bye....53 touches in the VFL. Will Richo play him through the middle? or forward pocket. He played the first game of the season in the midfield for 130..

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
@Lowrider follow the pack to take Gray? Like Westoff, McClean and Sicily all had the bye, like you said best of a bad bunch.

Or do you ask for punishment and pick up Billings (if he is named) and after his bye....53 touches in the VFL. Will Richo play him through the middle? or forward pocket. He played the first game of the season in the midfield for 130..
Gray is owned by 29%. It's a hard call to make.

Billings, I desperately didn't want to trade out last week but he was the only option I had. It was that or trade out a playing forward in a week where there was a general shortage and he was going to miss the other tough week (round 14) as well. I suspected he'd kill it in the VFL. It's a matter of how Richo uses him. He's had no mid-time at all, it's all forward and pushing up to the wings for cheap kicks. Here's his heat-map for the season - almost nothing inside the centre square. His role needs to change for his scoring to significantly improve.

upload_2018-6-13_12-30-24.png

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Gray is owned by 29%. It's a hard call to make.

Billings, I desperately didn't want to trade out last week but he was the only option I had. It was that or trade out a playing forward in a week where there was a general shortage and he was going to miss the other tough week (round 14) as well. I suspected he'd kill it in the VFL. It's a matter of how Richo uses him. He's had no mid-time at all, it's all forward and pushing up to the wings for cheap kicks. Here's his heat-map for the season - almost nothing inside the centre square. His role needs to change for his scoring to significantly improve.

View attachment 1067
Like you I had to get rid of him last week. Will need to see a role change before even thinking of bringing him back.

How are you looking for R14? Are you playing for league or overall? If league, could you contemplate taking someone who is going to have their bye? like Franklin or Heeney? My overall is shot and my R14 opponent could be worse off than me so I considering that potential.

Reactions: Lowrider

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I'm a little undecided what to do this week. Looking at forward and defender upgrades, but it's a little bit of a struggle.

Yeo and McLean are the obvious 2 I don't have. However, both have 140+ BE's and had a low score last game - so will see 2 weeks of high BE's and price drops. So I could just cough up the higher price, but have a couple of upgrades in each line to do so could wait just as easily when both are $30-50k cheaper. I also need to factor in both teams have tough runs home.

Other post-bye options I'm looking at are very sketchy:
- Suckling, Hurn and McGovern are the backline options - yuck....
- JJK up forward - meh....
- Westhoff - had him a couple of years ago and he was very frustrating. Don't think I can justify paying $450k+ for him as I think he'll score more 80's than he will tons. Unless Ryder gets a LTI...
- Gray - bagged him out as he looked crap on the weekend in the first half. He was pure midfield in the 2nd half, but not sure he scored very well. But, he still scored 90+ so he might be the best of a bad bunch?
- Wingard - a sneaky little option. If he keeps getting midfield minutes he's a steal at that price. There was word that he was injured or just completely devoid of confidence, but has turned things around and with Port's easy run home he's a tempting option.

Thoughts?

I like Wingard as a POD. Cheaper than JJK, he's M/F DPP and is likely to be a more consistent scorer with easier run home (although JJ may have a bigger upside).

Reactions: Tandy

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Like you I had to get rid of him last week. Will need to see a role change before even thinking of bringing him back.

How are you looking for R14? Are you playing for league or overall? If league, could you contemplate taking someone who is going to have their bye? like Franklin or Heeney? My overall is shot and my R14 opponent could be worse off than me so I considering that potential.

I have been able to hold Billings. Was planning to keep him until his bye and then review. If he is named this week (and he should be - he killed it in the 2nds) I'll be interested to see if his role/confidence improves.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

I'm really just playing for overall rank at this stage. I'm in a bad way for next week, so I don't think I can afford to bring in any round 14 bye players this week. I have Heeney. I don't want Franklin as long as Reid is out, I started with him and it was painful watching him get double-teamed every week when he was the only one in the forward line who'll hurt you.

To be honest there's not many options on the bye this week either. I'm going to look at TMac and Andrews next week. Actually disappointed Andrews went so large this week, was always going to target him next week but not he's so much more expensive!! Hogan and Smith are the only other forwards, but not overly appealing.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
I have been able to hold Billings. Was planning to keep him until his bye and then review. If he is named this week (and he should be - he killed it in the 2nds) I'll be interested to see if his role/confidence improves.
Surely the coaches job is on the line and he does everything for the team to win. In the process screwing over all us super coach coaches.....

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Hey guys random question, does anyone know how to navigate the bye players in the SC app on IPad? I cant for the life of me figure out who to do it. I like to look at that when I’m doing my potential trades. On comp its just up on the top right which is easy. Thanks for any help

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Surely the coaches job is on the line and he does everything for the team to win. In the process screwing over all us super coach coaches.....
Or he comes in, does nothing again and the team gets pummelled by another team that's more desperate. In fact, i might go see what Suns 40+ is paying....

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Hi. Any thoughts on a playing backline rookie. Giro is the obvious choice but I have a full playing midfield and I want Ahern but he is on bye. Need 1 more warm body obfield. Then I can bring in either Yeo or buddy. Help big decision time

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
195K – 15 Trades – Would love to know what your best trade advice this week.
DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Austin, Doedee, Yeo, (Cole, L Murphy)
MID: Rockliff, Danger, Fyfe, Dusty, Titch, E Phillips, Petracca, Brayshaw, (Spargo, Holman, Cogs)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Maclean, Sicily, Buddy, D Smith, Billings, (Guelfi, Fritsch)

Geoff123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Aug 10, 2017
Is 5 trades with good bench cover too little after the byes ?
I have heard 6 trades being mentioned at the end of the byes on the podcast would allow me to get full premo (with the exception of petraca) by round 14.