Round 11 Discussion & Trade Talk

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
As much as I want Tim Smith, I can't help but want a bit more security down back. With Keefe, Murphy and Duman not steady ins, I'm looking more at Logan Austin (With Nathan Brown out) and Bailey Rice. Can't seem to split those two. Austin is older is KPP and also more expensive, Rice's ceiling doesnt seem high, but he plays a running role?
Ridley from Essendon ?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I had my trades sorted. Coffield for Smith (via Spargo) and ZGL to Walters. I'm $900 short.

Walters value is way too good to pass up. So unfortunately, I have to let Guelfi go, even with a low BE of 17. Takes me down to 14 trades with 3 upgrades to go and no cash. Go hard or go home for me this year!

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
There is potential with Moore (Rich), Rourke (WBD), Stoddart (SYD) potentially on the bubble next that it may not be absolute double downgrade this week. However their job security is debatable.

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
I had my trades sorted. Coffield for Smith (via Spargo) and ZGL to Walters. I'm $900 short.

Walters value is way too good to pass up. So unfortunately, I have to let Guelfi go, even with a low BE of 17. Takes me down to 14 trades with 3 upgrades to go and no cash. Go hard or go home for me this year!
Not bad.. just a thought. Is Guelfi going up as much as Walters will this week. If so, you may as well double down and drop Coffield and get walters for Guelfi next week. If they go up roughly the same you don't lose out money wise and you get another kid like Ridley or Rice while they are available that will play and go up. Hope that makes sense.

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
As much as I want Tim Smith, I can't help but want a bit more security down back. With Keefe, Murphy and Duman not steady ins, I'm looking more at Logan Austin (With Nathan Brown out) and Bailey Rice. Can't seem to split those two. Austin is older is KPP and also more expensive, Rice's ceiling doesnt seem high, but he plays a running role?

I think Rice is the better option.... Getting a few more touches and is more of a distributor. plus he is cheaper and should make more cash

Reactions: Tandy

PickenWinners

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 25, 2018
Not bad.. just a thought. Is Guelfi going up as much as Walters will this week. If so, you may as well double down and drop Coffield and get walters for Guelfi next week. If they go up roughly the same you don't lose out money wise and you get another kid like Ridley or Rice while they are available that will play and go up. Hope that makes sense.
That's the way to look at it FS. Guelfi will probably make $20-30k if he gets around 70. Walters BE is 24, if he gets a ton or more as he is easily capable you'll miss more money than you gain. Grab him while he's cheap

Bock Choy

May 17, 2018
Need to close out on some injury repairs.

Starting with Deledio was a risk that paid off (to a degree) with some healthy points and $ increase but now that his hammy injury has spread to the calf and is nominated as being out for 8-10, he has to go. This is an easy swap for Walters.

The other change is Mills being replaced with Hurn who has been reliable down back and also helps out the bye structures.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Sounds like we might have a couple of midfield options coming up. Ahern is apparently close to getting named this week and Giro ($102k) is apparently banging down the door with his form in the WAFL. Giro sounds a lot like Dylan Clarke - midfielder who racks up the pill but "needs to work on his kicking efficiency".

Reactions: PickenWinners

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
The thought process is good, but they have similar BEs and Walters is actually projected to rise by more than Guelfi next week. If he had scored a 120 instead of 140 then I wouldn't have this problem haha

Reactions: Flying Scotsman

Scotty M

Feb 24, 2018
One up one down for me:
J Higgins to Smith
T Kelly to either Rocky or Walters - leaning to Walters more.
Leaves just 2 more upgrades needed and 200K in bank

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Im struggling this week as i already have walters. I have 50k in bank, need to get rid of Kelly was thinking Langdon to smith then Kelly to either Treloar to finish of midfield or going Kelly to a Robinson as a POD forward thoughts? or advice welcome!

Def: Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Sicily, Doodee, Mirra, (Murphy, Rice)

Mid: Macrae, Fyfe, Danger, Titch, Conigilio. Martin, Merrett, T.Kelly (brayshaw, SPargo, Phillips)

Ruc: Gawn, Nank (cameron)

Fwd: Mclean, Gray, Heeney, Smith, Walters, Fritsch (guelfi, Langdon)

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Im struggling this week as i already have walters. I have 50k in bank, need to get rid of Kelly was thinking Langdon to smith then Kelly to either Treloar to finish of midfield or going Kelly to a Robinson as a POD forward thoughts? or advice welcome!

Mid: Macrae, Fyfe, Danger, Titch, Conigilio. Martin, Merrett, T.Kelly (brayshaw, SPargo, Phillips)

I love the Robbo pick. His basement isnt as low as some other forwards. He still has some run-with duties but gets a lot of the ball, and has the potential to go large as he showed last week.

A mate of mine has been in the top 100 since round 4, went Billings to Robbo after round 4 and hasn't looked back.

Andrew Singh

May 31, 2018
Currently trading Crowden to Smith and Kelly to Rockliff, could possibly go Kelly to Buddy or Westhoff (already have Walters) however as I have 17 trades left and 4 playing rookies before this weeks trades I feel like Rocky will give me the bye support and will eventually be able to move him to M9 as I don't see him being a top 10 midfielder.

Also a bit unsure about trading Crowden as he is only 206k as I could be trading Brayshaw or Stephenson.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015

I love the Robbo pick. His basement isnt as low as some other forwards. He still has some run-with duties but gets a lot of the ball, and has the potential to go large as he showed last week.

A mate of mine has been in the top 100 since round 4, went Billings to Robbo after round 4 and hasn't looked back.

Wish I'd done that...

I do like the Robbo option - gives you that extra DPP flexibiltiy and he's been very solid. Only risk I reckon is he plays on the edge - suspension risk but he does seem to have been much more disciplined this year.

Reactions: Prospector

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Currently trading Crowden to Smith and Kelly to Rockliff, could possibly go Kelly to Buddy or Westhoff (already have Walters) however as I have 17 trades left and 4 playing rookies before this weeks trades I feel like Rocky will give me the bye support and will eventually be able to move him to M9 as I don't see him being a top 10 midfielder.

Also a bit unsure about trading Crowden as he is only 206k as I could be trading Brayshaw or Stephenson.

Crowden is projected to lose cash due to BE of 67. I'd trade him out for sure. Followed by Brayshaw then Stephenson.

I'd avoid Buddy - too many injury concerns for mine. Westhoff looks ok but I think Rocky is best value given your situation.

Reactions: Andrew Singh

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018

I like the robinson pick as well, your team looking pretty solid already i POD is always good to have an he is on fire right now.

Reactions: Prospector

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Did really well last week (for me) but still of the pace right now, was going to double down this week, but cant hold on upgrades as at least 2 behind right now after doing corrective early trades. walters looks to good to pass up (abit worried rocky will pull or tear or break something again). or really want t.kelly - titch but his got the rd 12 bye so might wait till then to grab him and hope kelly doesnt burn to much cash in 2 rds.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Dave Mirra getting dropped has killed my plans gonna cop a donut down back if Lachie Murphy doesn't play, was going Kelly to Smith and ZGL to Walters. Now I'm thinking to avoid the zero Kelly to Smith and Coffield to Hurley. Hurley BE is 150 odd so he's gonna leak cash this week and next feel like I'm over paying for him but can't afford a zero. Annoying week