Round 8 Discussion & Trade Talk

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
What are the thoughts of crouch vs mclean? I can go direct to either for jaegar.
I am thinking mclean and next week get him in the fwd line and upgrade a mid then?
McLean looks good and will go up for the next couple. Crouch is prices well right now. Don't think either is a bad choice just reckon McLean gives U more options with the fwd/mid

Reactions: Crackhead

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
ok I’m after some pretty specific advice here.
Strategy during this section of the season is one down grade/one up grade. Any side swapping/correction trades should happen during the bye weeks.

Last week I traded in McCrae. This weeks target was McLean, until the Nic Nat suspension.
So I have 3 options noting I have 200K in the bank and 23 trades.

1. Continue one down/one up and take the donut from Nic Nat. Downgrade to Spargo upgrade to McClean.

2. Trade in cover for Nic Nat. Cameron (R3) to McInerney who is on the bubble. I use one trade for roughly 60 points and cover for the rest of the season. Use the second trade to either get McClean or Spargo.

3. Trade Nic Nat to Grundy and downgrade to Spargo leaving the McClean upgrade til next week (although his price will go up 30K)
Any help would be great.

Def not number 2 and I dont like number 3 either for 1 week and Grundy is sore and could easily be missing the next week.
Cop the donut and take number 1 for mine.

Reactions: The Antrobus
Jun 9, 2015
ok I’m after some pretty specific advice here.
Strategy during this section of the season is one down grade/one up grade. Any side swapping/correction trades should happen during the bye weeks.

Last week I traded in McCrae. This weeks target was McLean, until the Nic Nat suspension.
So I have 3 options noting I have 200K in the bank and 23 trades.

1. Continue one down/one up and take the donut from Nic Nat. Downgrade to Spargo upgrade to McClean.

2. Trade in cover for Nic Nat. Cameron (R3) to McInerney who is on the bubble. I use one trade for roughly 60 points and cover for the rest of the season. Use the second trade to either get McClean or Spargo.

3. Trade Nic Nat to Grundy and downgrade to Spargo leaving the McClean upgrade til next week (although his price will go up 30K)
Any help would be great.

I'm in the exact same boat as you except I have Cameron as my R3. Leaning towards option 2 at the moment. Except I think I'm going to take the risk and bring in Crossley for some ruck coverage through the byes. Also leaning towards getting McLean in and passing on Spargo despite being really keen on him. That way I can maximise points on field on field and hope some more rookies present in the coming weeks. Crossley should make some decent cash anyway if he can hold his spot.

Jun 9, 2015
I'm in the exact same boat as you except I have Cameron as my R3. Leaning towards option 2 at the moment. Except I think I'm going to take the risk and bring in Crossley for some ruck coverage through the byes. Also leaning towards getting McLean in and passing on Spargo despite being really keen on him. That way I can maximise points on field on field and hope some more rookies present in the coming weeks. Crossley should make some decent cash anyway if he can hold his spot.

I've since changed my mind and decided to cop the donut. Despite being in the top 2000, I've opted to play the long game. The fact that the guy I'm up against in my cash league has some injuries as well has swayed me.
Spargo and Mclean in for Banfield and Murray via Sicily.

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
This week ive done holman to spargo then finlayson to mclean and moves sicily down back, banked 100k should be able to go jaegar to crouch next week crouch should only go up 10k

Reactions: Prospector

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
You'd think Crossley gets the next 3 weeks while Lynch is out, but they also have the bye in that time. The concern with both him and OM is if they can provide cover for during the main byes? Impossible to say if either will be able to hold their spot. If trading them in that would be the goal.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Thoughts on best trades. 23 Trades and $320K
DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Doedee, Murray, Cole (Naughton, L Murphy)
MID: Fyfe, Danger, Titch, Dusty, Cogs, T Kelly, Finlayson, Holman (Barry, Brayshaw, Banfield)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Sicily, D Smith, Pettraca, Billings, Henry (Guelfi, Fritsch)

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Doedee, Finlayson, Murray (Naughton, Richards)
MID: Fyfe, Cripps, Mitchell, Dusty, Coniglio, Zerrett, T.Kelly, Holman (Banfield, Barry, Coffield)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (English)
FWD: Heeney, McLean, Petracca, Billings, Christensen, Fritsch (Crowden, Langdon)

I’ve gone Banfield to Spargo, so have $339k cash in bank.

Do I upgrade a defender/fwd to Sicily, go NicNat to Grundy to avoid a doughnut, or some other suggestion?

Thanks for the help

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
I
MID: Fyfe, Cripps, Mitchell, Dusty, Coniglio, Zerrett, T.Kelly, Holman (Banfield, Barry, Coffield)
FWD: Heeney, McLean, Petracca, Billings, Christensen, Fritsch (Crowden, Langdon)

Do I upgrade a defender/fwd to Sicily, go NicNat to Grundy to avoid a doughnut, or some other suggestion?

Thanks for the help

I would hold Nic Nat. It's only a week and he will come back with a vengeance...

I would upgrade a forward to Sicily....probably Christensen/billings

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018

Thanks for the help
sicily mate, nic nat wil be back with a vengence next week

Fisker FC

Patron '18
Apr 21, 2017
Crossley vs McInerney?
Bringing in Cover for NicNat instead of Trading. Currently 950 overall.
Or could cop the donut and go Banfield to Mutch.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Crossley vs McInerney?
Bringing in Cover for NicNat instead of Trading. Currently 950 overall.
Or could cop the donut and go Banfield to Mutch.
Like Crossley and has perfect bye for R3. But you'd think when Wright and Lynch come back in the next few weeks he'll be back to the NEAFL. He's only 18yo too.

Oscar is playing forward/ruck and the threat to his spot looks to be Walker. He'd have to be the best bet for someone through the byes, but he also has the same bye as Gawn so he's only helpful for 1 week, or none if you have Martin as well.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I'm similar - Banfield to Spargo. Bring Toby McLean in for Christensen or possibly Billings.

I think I'll keep Billings until byes at least. Surely he can't can get any worse? Having said that, with the byes in mind, who would be better to trade (Christensen or Billings)? Both are going to score similar going forward. I just feel ripped off with Billings - lost so much cash...

Ok - I was wrong. Billings got worse :-(

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
Not sure what's wrong with Dusty... of course we have to hold but if he keeps this kind of scoring up he will be finding his way out of my side...

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Not sure what's wrong with Dusty... of course we have to hold but if he keeps this kind of scoring up he will be finding his way out of my side...
I've been worried about Dusty since round 2. He's been heading for a few low scores but managed to save most of them with some goals, often with a healthy dose of luck. He's looking lazy at times and spending most of his time forward. I won't be starting with him again unless he's DPP.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I doubt if there is anything wrong with him. It's simply that while the Tigers continue winning without Dusty having to star Hardwick can continue to play him in the fwds.
I won't be bringing him in unless the Tigers start losing.