Round 8 Discussion & Trade Talk

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
So I can upgrade this week. Should I burn all my cash reserve and get rid of garlett to McLean. Or save some cash and use crowded to McLean. Or just go all out and move on Finlayson and bring in MacRae) crouch..

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
So I can upgrade this week. Should I burn all my cash reserve and get rid of garlett to McLean. Or save some cash and use crowded to McLean. Or just go all out and move on Finlayson and bring in MacRae) crouch..
I think McLean is a great pick at his price. I’d probably bring him in and then maybe look at a downgrade to Spargo to generate some cash

Reactions: smirski and TomCat

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
Nank wasn't at a player sponsors dinner two nights ago "on doctors orders" so that would support the claims he's out this week

Reactions: smirski

Shack

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 14, 2017
Sydney
I will try and keep this simple:

Sicily or Crouch?
Sicily - I think very good midfielders run deeper in number so you will get another chance to get one later ... but the forwards are not deep in quality and not having Sicily could burn you badly later (provided he pulls his head in and does not get suspended)

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Sicily - I think very good midfielders run deeper in number so you will get another chance to get one later ... but the forwards are not deep in quality and not having Sicily could burn you badly later (provided he pulls his head in and does not get suspended)
sicily mate, got the swing option, and been going big the last few weeks, will be a top 8 fwd or back just up to u where to play him

Feb 1, 2018
NicNat gets the week upheld by the tribunal. What a crock.

Yes, I am a NicNat owner....I'll be holding and wearing a donut :-(
Ranked 652 currently so no donut for me. Olango out in comes Crossley (if picked)!

He could be quite handy for bye rounds also if he keeps spot. The big O has the same bye round as Gawn so not an option for me.

Reactions: Prospector

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
In case anyone missed it, the AFL web-site listed the number of late outs each team has had so far this year. It's worth nremembering when organizing your bench so as to avoid a (potential) donut.
8: Geelong
3: Hawthorn
2: Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond, Sydney, WCE
1: Adelaide, Fremantle, GWS, North, Port, StKilda, WB
0: Gold Coast, Melbourne

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Buddy out again this week and no certainty for next week either. Buddy still sore so potentially might score poorly on return too. Glad I made the move on him and Greene 2 weeks ago - I was nervous about moving both but think I've been vindicated.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
OK Ive decided theres too much value around this week and Billings has to go. I can either bring Crouch into the mids via DPP leaving Kelly at M8, or for 70k just straight swap Billings to a bottomed out Hogan or Darling. Bringing in a forward shores up the line and leaves me with 1 rookie on field. If I get Crouch, I have to play 2 of ZGE, Spargo, Fritsch and Guelfi on field. He is great value this week and looks great in my mids.... but leaves me exposed up forward. Might sleep on it and go with my gut.

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
ok I’m after some pretty specific advice here.
Strategy during this section of the season is one down grade/one up grade. Any side swapping/correction trades should happen during the bye weeks.

Last week I traded in McCrae. This weeks target was McLean, until the Nic Nat suspension.
So I have 3 options noting I have 200K in the bank and 23 trades.

1. Continue one down/one up and take the donut from Nic Nat. Downgrade to Spargo upgrade to McClean.

2. Trade in cover for Nic Nat. Cameron (R3) to McInerney who is on the bubble. I use one trade for roughly 60 points and cover for the rest of the season. Use the second trade to either get McClean or Spargo.

3. Trade Nic Nat to Grundy and downgrade to Spargo leaving the McClean upgrade til next week (although his price will go up 30K)
Any help would be great.

Reactions: Sniff My UnDees

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Using some dpp Banfield to Spargo and Christensen to Hurley. **subject to team selections of course.

Still Holding Walters

I'm similar - Banfield to Spargo. Bring Toby McLean in for Christensen or possibly Billings.

I think I'll keep Billings until byes at least. Surely he can't can get any worse? Having said that, with the byes in mind, who would be better to trade (Christensen or Billings)? Both are going to score similar going forward. I just feel ripped off with Billings - lost so much cash...

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Lots of questions for me this week. Going Banfield to Spargo, that's easy with $180k left in the bank. The other move (if any) is the main question:

1) Coniglio -> Titch - The main question here is can Cogs do enough to be a keeper? Need to decide now as he's about to dip in price, which isn't a problem if he's a keeper. But, if he's a "last upgrade" he might be good to move on at this price.

2) Billings -> McLean - McLean looks a keeper. Billings just keeps disappointing. But it feels such a waste....

3) Dunkley -> McLean - Dunkley back scoring well this week so would prefer to hold. But McLean will be up around $550k after this week so it's a good time to jump on him.

4) Brayshaw -> Zorko - Well.... Zorko didn't even make his BE this week to show how well he's been going!!! But a bloke who's averaged 110 over 2 years and played 129 out of a possible 133 since his debut. And when he goes big, he goes BIG. Beams finding some form to support him. To counter that, he's only gone under 50 on 4 occasions since he scored 16 on debut in 2012. 3 of those have been this season. He also still has to play Ben Jacobs twice. I'm tempted to take the punt....

5) Brayshaw -> Jack Redden - There was talk about him pre-season as an option. He started slowly, but he's really hit his stride the last fortnight. The knock is he's never averaged 105 before.

6) Hold and save the cash for next week. Doesn't look like any downgrade options next week though so would probably be looking at holding for a couple of weeks.

7) Double down and make an upgrade next week

Any thoughts?

I think double down is okay if you can keep rookies off field. Otherwise I'd suggest downgrade onto bench and upgrade on field.

Redden - not convinced
Zorko - bargain price but maybe watch another week.
McLean - I'm bringing him in this week so I expect he'll do an ACL.. :-\

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
ok I’m after some pretty specific advice here.
Strategy during this section of the season is one down grade/one up grade. Any side swapping/correction trades should happen during the bye weeks.

Last week I traded in McCrae. This weeks target was McLean, until the Nic Nat suspension.
So I have 3 options noting I have 200K in the bank and 23 trades.

1. Continue one down/one up and take the donut from Nic Nat. Downgrade to Spargo upgrade to McClean.

2. Trade in cover for Nic Nat. Cameron (R3) to McInerney who is on the bubble. I use one trade for roughly 60 points and cover for the rest of the season. Use the second trade to either get McClean or Spargo.

3. Trade Nic Nat to Grundy and downgrade to Spargo leaving the McClean upgrade til next week (although his price will go up 30K)
Any help would be great.

What about something a little left field - Nic Nat to Callum Sinclair and save a few bucks (95k). Use the extra cash to cover McLean increase. Sinclair has decent 3 and 5 rd ave (105 and 115 respectively). He's a Massive POD. If he's dropped/rested Cameron will likely be named...

Then again - if you have the cash maybe Grundy is the go.

FWIW I'm spudding it up at the moment so maybe my advice aint the best...

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015

Finlayson to MacRae if you can...no point having cash on the bench mate.

Lucksa

Mar 14, 2018
Double upgrade to get Macrae & McLean in, Finlayson & Banfield out ($68k left after)

Or
Spargo in for Banfield
Upgrade Holman for McLean/Macrae
Or straight swap for Walters?

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I think double down is okay if you can keep rookies off field. Otherwise I'd suggest downgrade onto bench and upgrade on field.

Redden - not convinced
Zorko - bargain price but maybe watch another week.
McLean - I'm bringing him in this week so I expect he'll do an ACL.. :-\
Thanks

I think I'm going to do the double down now that Barry is omitted. Barry and Banfield down to Spargo and Mutch (all bench players). Keep looking at next week and there's nothing there so without cash i have nothing next week. Few potentials for the following week though.

So therefore the question is Mutch or Ronke?

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
What are the thoughts of crouch vs mclean? I can go direct to either for jaegar.
I am thinking mclean and next week get him in the fwd line and upgrade a mid then?