Trades Before Round 6

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
A few rookies on the bubble, I wish they were still a couple weeks away. No real rookies ready to trade out, maybe a couple mid pricers, like Bonner & Christensen.

Reactions: Centroprise

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Will trade Ryan this week but to who....Higgins, Guelfi or ZGL ?

Mirra is an option, but how to get him..Maybe some DPP magic with Sicily

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Brought Mirra in last week a week early in prep for a double downgrade this week which will allow me to upgrade one of Christensen or Bonner to Danger next week.

Provided they're named, reckon I will be doing:

Garlett -> Higgins
Fristch -> Guelfi

Higgins' job security is a concern, however I need to move Garlett on but keep the DPP flexibility. I will have two other bench mids playing anyway.

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
DPP using trade function – anyone else done this before?

Was wanting to do DPP switch of Sic (Fwd to Def), Crowden (Mid to Fwd) and Finlayson (Def to Mid). But Substitute function only allows swapping 2 players between 2 positions.

So I tried this…traded a defender out, switched Sic to backline, then Crowden forward and Finlayson to Mid. Then traded back in the same defender. All players now rearranged to positions I want and says 2 trades left.

The things you find out.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015

Was wanting to do DPP switch of Sic (Fwd to Def), Crowden (Mid to Fwd) and Finlayson (Def to Mid). But Substitute function only allows swapping 2 players between 2 positions.

So I tried this…traded a defender out, switched Sic to backline, then Crowden forward and Finlayson to Mid. Then traded back in the same defender. All players now rearranged to positions I want and says 2 trades left.

The things you find out.

Yep - DPP can be very useful.

My plan at this stage (ie. team sheets pending etc.) is to trade out Ryan (FWD) > swing Siciliy FWD > swing Finlayson BAC, swing Garlett to MID and trade in JHiggins (FWD).

That way I have Higgins/Garlett as MID/FWD swing.

I also have enough cash remaining to upgrade either Garlett or Brayshaw to Zerrett this week. Garlett has BE of about 32 so I don't expect him to go up much. Zerrett looks like he might be turning the corner and price has bottomed out (BE 64 this week).

Peter

Mar 10, 2016
McGrath in defence is my big worry at the moment. Will go down to Mirra along with one of Banfield/Brayshaw/Fritsch/Garlett to Guelfi. This will give about $400k for the upgrade funds next week.

Any opinions if McGrath can turn things around?

Would have loved to get Yeo and Merrett in this week but they can wait a week as the rookie watch-list is a bit thin.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

The things you find out.
There you go. I've wanted to do the multi-move before but been unable to. Nice little trick to know!!!

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
There you go. I've wanted to do the multi-move before but been unable to. Nice little trick to know!!!
I'd assume this probably only works before any partial lockout. I'm not quite brave enough to possibly waste a trade on bringing in the exact same player. Anyone else game to have a try post lockout?

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
I dont think Higgins can be trusted to get consistent games even though I thought he played quite well on Tuesday (not relevant to fantasy but thought the channel 7 commentators where being a bit unprofessional immitating the kid in the post match interview).

I will probably trade Christensen down to Guelfi and Garlett up to Zerrett.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I dont think Higgins can be trusted to get consistent games even though I thought he played quite well on Tuesday (not relevant to fantasy but thought the channel 7 commentators where being a bit unprofessional immitating the kid in the post match interview).

I will probably trade Christensen down to Guelfi and Garlett up to Zerrett.
Higgins was better with 6 tackles (only had 1 the first game), although his pressure rating still wasn't high. He also earned his goals more this week rather than a fairly lucky couple in his first game. The Tigers have a glut of similar types, so he'll need consistent output to hold his spot.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I missed this on the injury news:
Lance Franklin Bruised heel TBC
"Franklin and Hannebery could miss multiple matches"

and 7 news tweeted yesterday he "could miss at least a month".

That buggers up my double-down plans for this week.....

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Teams not even out, but here's some early news from Twitter:
- ZGL in
- Dom Barry in
- Greene out injured (yikes!! - that's a definite trade for Buddy then for me, probably to Yeo)
- Petracca out injured
- McInerney to debut (yikes!! - glad I turned Martin into Grundy last week!!!)

Reactions: Prospector

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Got 200 grd and thinling of upgrading christensen or hoping to find a 400 diamond for fritsch..was going for sic but, well u know..what a flog

Reactions: Prospector

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
What does everyone think of acres? Killing it so far, low score 90 and the saints have been ass.

But risky, but looking good atm.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Sunday extended bench is a big watch, especially with the short break. Big chance of some late outs with sore bodies that haven't come up from the short break.

Demons - I/C (from): Spargo, Fritsch, Hannan, T.McDonald, J.Smith, Garlett, T.Smith, Wagner
You'd think Garlett and McDonald play. Spargo has already been named for his debut. Does Fritsch get the last spot? Spargo is a similar type.

Tigers - I/C (from): Houli, Higgins, Prestia, Grigg, Soldo, Graham, Conca, Short
Houli, Prestia will play. Grigg has been playing an important role and you'd think will play. Graham is fresh back from suspension. Conca has been good. Is there room for Higgins?

Reactions: Mark185

Mark185

Feb 22, 2018
Completely agree Lowrider. I’d quite like Higgins to get a break so I can pick him up next week. All 3 of Guelfi, Mirra and Higgins look like good prospects and it would be a shame to miss on one.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Looking at my team, I'm not too afraid of going against the grain and not picking up any of the good rookies this week. I have cash generation at every spot on field (didn't start a doughnut). Duman looks like he might be worth a look next week too. And perhaps Tom Cole pumps out another good score to get people thinking.

So yeah, as great as Guelfi has looked, and as great as Mirra is as a prospect, I'm not too fussed to pass on them. Higgins will probably get a rest this week.

Reactions: Tuk

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Greene could be 1 week, could be 3. Nice :mad:

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Looking at my team, I'm not too afraid of going against the grain and not picking up any of the good rookies this week. I have cash generation at every spot on field (didn't start a doughnut). Duman looks like he might be worth a look next week too. And perhaps Tom Cole pumps out another good score to get people thinking.

So yeah, as great as Guelfi has looked, and as great as Mirra is as a prospect, I'm not too fussed to pass on them. Higgins will probably get a rest this week.
I'm thinking the same with Barry back in and Bradshaw showing more last week. I don't have any rookies i want trade this week. I only want Guelfi and not sure he'll score enough to really hurt me