Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I reckon Cogs might get a tag before Kelly he's really lifted the Giants when needed in games. Wishful thinking hehe
Probably not. When Cogs first started scoring well in SC he was a tagger, or at the least a run-with player, himself.

Reactions: Prospector

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Probably not. When Cogs first started scoring well in SC he was a tagger, or at the least a run-with player, himself.

You're probably right. But I think with Scully not there he becomes even more an asset to the Giants and incredibly dangerous to opposition, definitely has evolved (Talking his footy rather than SC hehe) this season into a very elite midfielder. I saw first hand the damage he did to my Pies, almost single handily got them over the line against us a fortnight ago. Will see what happens but will be interesting to watch that game.

Rhys

Patron '18
May 15, 2017
What are the thoughts on a replacement for Liam Ryan? There's a few options there but no one is really standing out over the others.

Reactions: Tandy

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
I am weighing up the choices of Esava or Jack Henry. Esava is keeping Rhys the Knife out of the side atm. Can Henry stay when one of Henderson or Harry Taylor return?

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
There is also Mitch Crowden, he probably has more JS, but as a small fwd, scoring seems low.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I am weighing up the choices of Esava or Jack Henry. Esava is keeping Rhys the Knife out of the side atm. Can Henry stay when one of Henderson or Harry Taylor return?

I think both Esava and Henry have good JS. I expect Harry will be out for a long time and I'm not convinced Henderson's return will kick Henry out of the team.

I expect Henry to be the better scorer as I don't think we will see Esava in the ruck all the time - or at least I hope not as I would prefer to have Smith back in the team tbh.

Reactions: Steve and Tandy

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Def: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Bonner, Murray, Doedee (Murphy, Naughton)
Mid: Danger, Dusty, Titch, Kelly, Fyfe, Finlayson, Holman, Kelly (Barry, Brayshaw, Banfield)
Ruck: Gawn, Natanui (Olango)
Fwd: Heeney, Billings, Petracca, D Smith, Christensen, Ryan (Fritsch, Garlett)

28 trades. Any thoughts for trades this week, which suits my team? Cheers

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Henry will make money quickest after his good score. You'd think he gets a couple more games at least. But a couple of 30s is also possible.

Esava wasn't in the side until they pulled Stanley (baffling to be honest why they did that). Difficult to predict, surely Smith comes back in but who knows?

Crowden has DPP and positive talk about him. Scoring and JS still difficult.

There's always the option to wait a week and see if Higgins is going to be a good option.

I'm not sure how many choices we're going to get. Reality is whoever you pick now may be there until round 23, so going for the best JS may not be the worst idea.

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
I reckon Cogs might get a tag before Kelly he's really lifted the Giants when needed in games. Wishful thinking hehe
I think there's a very strong chance Banfield puts a hard forward tag on Whitfield.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Henry will make money quickest after his good score. You'd think he gets a couple more games at least. But a couple of 30s is also possible.

Esava wasn't in the side until they pulled Stanley (baffling to be honest why they did that). Difficult to predict, surely Smith comes back in but who knows?

Esava was in the side and it was Scooter who came in for Stanley. Agree it was baffling why Scott did that ...

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016

Crowden has DPP and positive talk about him. Scoring and JS still difficult.

There's always the option to wait a week and see if Higgins is going to be a good option.

I'm not sure how many choices we're going to get. Reality is whoever you pick now may be there until round 23, so going for the best JS may not be the worst idea.

In that case, you'd think Crowden would have the best JS. Although, Higgins is highly rated and replaced Shai Bolton.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Ryan to this Crowden week. Watching Brayshaw and his break even as I'll likely downgrade him to Higgins next week - provided there are no other "injuries"

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
So what does everyone think of Luke Ryan from Fremantle? All 3 games over 100 this year so far. I also went back and looked at his games last year and found 3 of his last 5 games for 2017 he tonned up too, including a 130 odd against GWS. Looks like a good pattern. very tempting!

Reactions: Yort and Prospector

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Why would you trade Smith?? His lowest score in 3 weeks is 86?? Everyone played an absolute stinker for us and he was our top scorer. 80 is probably his basement, most likely a top 6 forward. I can't see how you could possibly justify trading him out.

You are correct about Merrett though, other teams seem to have worked him out and none of our other boys are willing to give him a chop out :(
Losing Ryan this week has closed this out.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
In that case, you'd think Crowden would have the best JS. Although, Higgins is highly rated and replaced Shai Bolton.
Original plan with Higgins was to bring him in mid-season according to Hardwick. I predict they'll give him one more game and drop him back to VFL for another month to build. Seems to be common practice these days to give these kids a taste for a couple of weeks so they can back to the lower level and the coaches and the player know what they need to work on, especially for teams in top 8 contention. The Tigers also have players pushing up in the VFL (Ellis, Bolton, Miles), Rioli not far away and Prestia/Caddy to come back in this week. Higgins was barely sighted aside from his 2 goals and only had the 1 tackle, so he'd need to do a lot more this week to force them to keep playing him.

I think at this stage I'm going to pass on all of the forward rookies. I'll upgrade Ryan which will leave me with F6 filled by Dunkley who can stay until the byes, if not permanently at F7.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I need to rant about 2 things:

Ablett - People keep saying they need to play him forward. First off, he's the greatest midfielder I've ever seen and still top 10 even at his age so why wouldn't you want him there. Secondly, I'm not convinced he's going to be the powerful force as a forward that people think, especially relative to the impact he has in the midfield or what Danger can do as a forward. Thirdly, he doesn't defend well so adding him there with Hawkins means opposition rebounding out becomes an issue and he may turn into a liability. That's why when Gaz plays he'll be in the midfield and when he's too old/broken to be a midfielder he'll retire. As an opposition I'd be fist-pumping if I saw him forward - much easier to find a match-up and limit his impact as well as exploit his weaknesses.

Cox - Commentators keep saying they need to give him more ruck time as he's a witches hat in the forward line and needs to play in the ruck where he doesn't have to know the game so well. If they had a ruckman who could rotate forward (e.g. Lycett, Sinclair) that would be a good approach. But Grundy is a ruckman and only a ruckman and he's in the top 3 ruckmen in the game. Why on earth would you want to take away your strength to hide your weakness in the ruck instead of in the forward line. Cox isn't a great ruckman either. Just leave him forward or don't play him. Don't compromise your main strength which is your midfield (which to Buckley's credit he hasn't done).

Rant over. In terms of SC relevance - when Gaz plays the other Cats will rotate to other areas more so be wary when he returns. Grundy should be effectively solo-ruck whether Cox is there or not.

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
Yeah I definitely agree, Just not sure how I'll get Mitchell in if I don't sideways to him. I know he's not going to be able to keep up what he's doing, ,But looking like he's definitely a must have
I also have Kelly and also didn’t start with Titch, but unluckily/luckily(?) Crouch got injured so I had a reason to side trade to Titch. Kelly is annoying me but he is worth hanging onto but I agree Titch is a must have!

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Just realised Henry only had 35% TOG in his first game when he only scored 27, ? concussion affected. Then came out the following week with 93. He looks much better than I thought....

Northerner

Apr 27, 2017
So what does everyone think of Luke Ryan from Fremantle? All 3 games over 100 this year so far. I also went back and looked at his games last year and found 3 of his last 5 games for 2017 he tonned up too, including a 130 odd against GWS. Looks like a good pattern. very tempting!
I picked him at start. His DE is outstanding. Never wastes a possession. I think he has Docherty like qualities in his SC scoring. Not saying he’s anywhere near as prolific, but scores every time he touches it. Had 100% DE last week.

Northerner

Apr 27, 2017
Just realised Henry only had 35% TOG in his first game when he only scored 27, ? concussion affected. Then came out the following week with 93. He looks much better than I thought....
I’m tossing up between him and Richards as my trade in for Ryan. Henderson due back in 1-2 weeks and Crozier back in 4 who played Richards’ role in JLT. Also, Richards only had 68% TOG for his 81 and had closer to 90% TOG in week 1. I’m very confused.