Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Burton, a pre-season gamble from a one-eyed Hawks supporter, is gone. Replaced by Richards.

Will then use that cash to go up from Bradshaw to a cheaper midfield premium option. Looking at Macrae, Gibbs or Lyons. For some reason I just have this nagging concern in my head about Gibbs so not sure I'll go for him. So Macrae looks the safe (yet more expensive) option. Lyons is the interesting one. Tagged in week 1 by Jacobs and got 66 but killing it since. Hard to see other teams following suit and no-one has a quality tagger like Jacobs, and you wonder if Jacobs would have gone to Hall instead if he was playing round 1. Tempting at $521k for a guy locked in a midfield role who's gone 130+ the past 2 weeks, but certainly the risky option. Suspect it will be Macrae in the end.

Reactions: Northerner and Yort

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Burton, a pre-season gamble from a one-eyed Hawks supporter, is gone. Replaced by Richards.

Will then use that cash to go up from Bradshaw to a cheaper midfield premium option. Looking at Macrae, Gibbs or Lyons. For some reason I just have this nagging concern in my head about Gibbs so not sure I'll go for him. So Macrae looks the safe (yet more expensive) option. Lyons is the interesting one. Tagged in week 1 by Jacobs and got 66 but killing it since. Hard to see other teams following suit and no-one has a quality tagger like Jacobs, and you wonder if Jacobs would have gone to Hall instead if he was playing round 1. Tempting at $521k for a guy locked in a midfield role who's gone 130+ the past 2 weeks, but certainly the risky option. Suspect it will be Macrae in the end.
I've gone the same gamble with Mcgrath as a one-eyed bomber. Really my only concern, don't think I'll trade him out though. He will have some good games when he settles into his new role but unfortunately won't be consistent enough in our currently poo midfield. Already went Hibberd > Simpson last week, time will tell if that was a smart move or not.

Reactions: Captain Danger

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I've gone the same gamble with Mcgrath as a one-eyed bomber. Really my only concern, don't think I'll trade him out though. He will have some good games when he settles into his new role but unfortunately won't be consistent enough in our currently poo midfield. Already went Hibberd > Simpson last week, time will tell if that was a smart move or not.
I'm not sure what the right way to go in the backline is. Simmo back to what you'd expect with a 97, I'm still worried his 150 is a mirage and 95 is his baseline. Yeo a shocker, not going to be pickable for a while now. Hibbo better role but still only a 92. Hurn going well but doubtful he can sustain it. Shaw, Rance, Hurley, Touhy and Howe plugging along without being spectacular. Ryan looks great but still a kid.

That's why I just downgraded Burton and I'll upgrade elsewhere. Outside of Laird and maybe Simmo and Savage, there's not a lot to be confident with.

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Thought id so the right thing a stick with zmerrett think it might be time to jump off its a week late but might need to be done as i have no other problems i can go to wines, parker or cripps thinking parker as a pod as wines as the early bye thought?

Reactions: Centroprise

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Merrett is a concern. I haven't seen the game. Losing 86k already and a BE of 158 this week I'll just have to hold while everyone else gets him cheap.

Considering sideways d smith to McLean. His break even is 71.

Bradshaw better lift as his cash generation is stalling.

Might have already rage traded a few times this week...

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Will probably downgrade Armo this week to a kid and get a couple of 100k in the bank. Undecided et but as his b/e is only 66 so he could get that if he finds his feet at AFL level again, sorta spewing i didn't go with Jaeger now.

Reactions: tmac

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
This is a very risky move but here goes:
Thinking of trading Danger down to Macrae due to his huge B/E and upgrading Brayshaw to Walters via DPP with Garlett, it takes Fritsch off field and Macrae seems like a great pick with Libba out. Try and get Danger back in after their bye hopefully around 600k, only thought is maybe now that Gaz is out he spends less time fwd? Don't have any other problems happy with my team, so the potential is there to not trade at all too :) Thoughts?

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Merrett is a concern. I haven't seen the game. Losing 86k already and a BE of 158 this week I'll just have to hold while everyone else gets him cheap.

Considering sideways d smith to McLean. His break even is 71.

Bradshaw better lift as his cash generation is stalling.

Might have already rage traded a few times this week...

Why would you trade Smith?? His lowest score in 3 weeks is 86?? Everyone played an absolute stinker for us and he was our top scorer. 80 is probably his basement, most likely a top 6 forward. I can't see how you could possibly justify trading him out.

You are correct about Merrett though, other teams seem to have worked him out and none of our other boys are willing to give him a chop out :(

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Stick with Smith and Danger IMO. Armitage I'd stick with also, he looked great heading for 100+ until he copped a knock in round 1. I'd give him another round or two in case he's been hampered by that knock and will get better. He's not gaining much, but he's also not losing much, even if he doesn't hit his BE of 66.

Is anyone interested in Hogan? Looked great past 2 weeks roaming up and down the ground in Riewoldt-style. Scoring well without relying on big bags of goals. If he tons up again he'll be up over $500k, so it's this week or not until the byes.

Reactions: Geoff123

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Stick with Smith and Danger IMO. Armitage I'd stick with also, he looked great heading for 100+ until he copped a knock in round 1. I'd give him another round or two in case he's been hampered by that knock and will get better. He's not gaining much, but he's also not losing much, even if he doesn't hit his BE of 66.

Is anyone interested in Hogan? Looked great past 2 weeks roaming up and down the ground in Riewoldt-style. Scoring well without relying on big bags of goals. If he tons up again he'll be up over $500k, so it's this week or not until the byes.
Hogan looks an interesting one, however the 2 big scores have come against North and BL. I'd be taking his scores with a grain of salt, can't see him going 120+ consistently enough, and would expect a few stinkers being thrown in there.

Sanj

Nov 16, 2017
What are peoples thoughts on if Kelly is likely to be tagged by Banfield this week?

Stupidly picked him over Mitchell due to not enough cash and Mitchell is killing me every week. Not ideal but think I might have to you sideways kelly to Mitchell

Also how do you think Mitchell will go with the Jacobs tag next week?

Shaker

Jan 25, 2018
What are peoples thoughts on if Kelly is likely to be tagged by Banfield this week?

Stupidly picked him over Mitchell due to not enough cash and Mitchell is killing me every week. Not ideal but think I might have to you sideways kelly to Mitchell

Tagging seems to have made a big comeback this year GWS have many good players so who if any get tagged is just guess work , as for Mitchell and Jacobs it seems that Jacobs is over his injuries and regained the title as the best stopper lets say it might be risky making him your captain

Reactions: Prospector and Sanj

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016

If you picked Kelly you almost have to back him in. He's averaging 105 and still every chance to be a top 10 mid. Not a trade out option IMO. Only premo mids I would consider trading out would be Zerrett or Zorko

Sanj

Nov 16, 2017
If you picked Kelly you almost have to back him in. He's averaging 105 and still every chance to be a top 10 mid. Not a trade out option IMO. Only premo mids I would consider trading out would be Zerrett or Zorko
Yeah I definitely agree, Just not sure how I'll get Mitchell in if I don't sideways to him. I know he's not going to be able to keep up what he's doing, ,But looking like he's definitely a must have

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Yeah I definitely agree, Just not sure how I'll get Mitchell in if I don't sideways to him. I know he's not going to be able to keep up what he's doing, ,But looking like he's definitely a must have
Unfortunately you might have to hope/pray that Bugg and/or Jacobs do a number on him in the next couple weeks and he becomes affordable in the near future.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
It's not an ideal situation though as you're going to want to grab Danger and Titch around the same point and could be both around 650k. I don't envy you

Sanj

Nov 16, 2017
Unfortunately you might have to hope/pray that Bugg and/or Jacobs do a number on him in the next couple weeks and he becomes affordable in the near future.
Yeah luckily I already have danger, so just gotta hope Mitchell doesn't go up too much.

Reactions: Haychh

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Hogan looks an interesting one, however the 2 big scores have come against North and BL. I'd be taking his scores with a grain of salt, can't see him going 120+ consistently enough, and would expect a few stinkers being thrown in there.
Yeah I considered that. North and Brisbane are mostly weak in the middle, their key defenders aren't terrible and haven't given up big scores to other key forwards so far this year, so that doesn't put me off completely. They've also been quite competitive in the first 3 games.

It is a gut call. We've been waiting for him to really hit the heights but some difficult hurdles over the past couple of years have limited him. I might take the punt but not committed yet.

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015

I reckon Cogs might get a tag before Kelly he's really lifted the Giants when needed in games. Wishful thinking hehe

Reactions: Sanj