Trades before round 3

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
got Raynor to move on before he loses to much cash, and was moving Coffield today, then coffield goes and get named...not sure wether to keep him now and corrective trade naughton to murphy, or hold naughton as at least he is for sure going to get named each week. any thoughts appreciated guys im up in the air on this one

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
and HELP, anyone have news on Green. just saw he is not named, any news.. keep or trade?

Reactions: Nicko

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
My trades this week :

Rockliff to Acres
Fogarty to Ryan

Passing on Bonner.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Frost is in for the dees, so this should free up lever to be the third def/interceptor.
Still not sure what this means for Hibbo.

Reactions: Geoff123

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
what are people doing with fogarty. Do we see him returning anytime soon or should we just jump on the next best option

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
what are people doing with fogarty. Do we see him returning anytime soon or should we just jump on the next best option
Lynch came back in for the crows, so he got squeezed out this week.
You would assume now that all 3 main forwards are back, he might find it hard to get a regular game unless there is an injury.

If you can find a forward who looks any good you don't already have, it makes sense to trade - but there aren't very many decent options.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Lynch came back in for the crows, so he got squeezed out this week.
You would assume now that all 3 main forwards are back, he might find it hard to get a regular game unless there is an injury.

If you can find a forward who looks any good you don't already have, it makes sense to trade - but there aren't very many decent options.
Only options I can see are Christensen fisher and Gowers. Not sure if they warrant a trade

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
Frost is in for the dees, so this should free up lever to be the third def/interceptor.
Still not sure what this means for Hibbo.

Still doesn't fix the kick ins which have been taken over by Lewis and Vince.

Reactions: Yort

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Anyone thinking abuut ellis-yeoman - now that Crouch is out for a few he might be an option...

I have D Fogarty at m10 to solve...

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
and HELP, anyone have news on Green. just saw he is not named, any news.. keep or trade?

I think he will be back next week so as you have held to now its a hold for mine.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
My trades this week :

Rockliff to Acres
Fogarty to Ryan

Passing on Bonner.

Acres is an interesting and speculative pick IMO.
His first two weeks look ok but I would be concerned trading in a Saint Mid.

More importantly Acres mid price is a player you start with rather than trade in and the only reason for me to trade in a $400K mid pricer is if I was convinced he was going to be a keeper otherwise its another trade down the track.
He is a player coming of 2 years of 75 averages who spiked 1 big game and then a 90 which is more like it for mine.

Only player in that range worth trading in is Cogs and if you have him already then its a Sellwood/Parker/Cripps/Gibbs in that order for Rocky with all of them likely to go 110 plus and have a great chance to finish in the top 10 mids.

Reactions: Prospector

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Need some guidance thoughts on this week:

- I was lucky enough to start with all of the must have rookies (Kelly, Doedee, Finlayson, etc.) so trading for rookies is not a high priority for me
- I have Giles-Langdon and Keefe on the pine but am hoping Keefe gets a run soon and there are not many other FWD rookies standing out to me that I do not have already (already have Fogarty in MID, Fritsch and Ryan)
- I have two underperforming premiums in Hibberd and Bont, I am proposing the following:

- Hibberd to Kade Simpson
- Bont to Clayton Oliver

I think Hibberd and Bont won't work out over the course of the season but I feel like I am taking a risk on Oliver more so than Simpson

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks! View attachment 1015

Both trades look solid from the first 2 weeks but what I dont like is side swapping a healthy premo unless there is a clear role change and I am certain or as certain as can be the player will drop out of premo status.
Here you are proposing to trade not 1 but 2 HEALTHY premos which doubles your risk and makes it much more likely to burn you.

They could both work out but I would prefer to balance the risk a little more.
I am not 100% convinced on Hibb and he would be the one I pick to trade out of those two.

For Bont it should be no surprise he is playing big minutes up fwd so nothing has changed here, as for Dogs being a shocking team to start that could not of been expected.
I think Bont coming off a 102 could be the one to come out and burn you hard.

Just a few things to consider as the risk profile from a bigger picture perspective is key.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Thoughts on hibberd to shaw then nauhton to bonner? Leaves me with 3 rookies on field or hibberd to bonner o'mearer to oliver and only 1 rookie in midfield tempted by structing up the defence?

I liked the first trade until I saw you have JOM who I would be trading out before Naught.

Reactions: Centroprise

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Need some guidance thoughts on this week:

- I was lucky enough to start with all of the must have rookies (Kelly, Doedee, Finlayson, etc.) so trading for rookies is not a high priority for me
- I have Giles-Langdon and Keefe on the pine but am hoping Keefe gets a run soon and there are not many other FWD rookies standing out to me that I do not have already (already have Fogarty in MID, Fritsch and Ryan)
- I have two underperforming premiums in Hibberd and Bont, I am proposing the following:

- Hibberd to Kade Simpson
- Bont to Clayton Oliver

I think Hibberd and Bont won't work out over the course of the season but I feel like I am taking a risk on Oliver more so than Simpson

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks! View attachment 1015

Both trades look solid from the first 2 weeks but what I dont like is side swapping a healthy premo unless there is a clear role change and I am certain or as certain as can be the player will drop out of premo status.
Here you are proposing to trade not 1 but 2 HEALTHY premos which doubles your risk and makes it much more likely to burn you.

They could both work out but I would prefer to balance the risk a little more.
I am not 100% convinced on Hibb and he would be the one I pick to trade out of those two.

For Bont it should be no surprise he is playing big minutes up fwd so nothing has changed here, as for Dogs being a shocking team to start that could not of been expected.
I think Bont coming off a 102 could be the one to come out and burn you hard.

Just a few things to consider as the risk profile from a bigger picture perspective is key.
I have a different view to moosey and would probably do both trades in your position. Now is the time to be aggressive and if you don’t have any rookie corrections to make then premium “corrections” become viable if there is a clear reason for the drop off. Hibberd’s role seems to have changed and he has lost kick-in duty. Bont is playing forward more than I expected and the bulldogs haven’t performed anywhere near expectations. I don’t buy the “you knew the risks” argument, obviously we picked him expecting him to score well and now we have two weeks of information that may have changed our view. I have Bont and will more than likely trade.

Last edited:

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Acres is an interesting and speculative pick IMO.
His first two weeks look ok but I would be concerned trading in a Saint Mid.

More importantly Acres mid price is a player you start with rather than trade in and the only reason for me to trade in a $400K mid pricer is if I was convinced he was going to be a keeper otherwise its another trade down the track.
He is a player coming of 2 years of 75 averages who spiked 1 big game and then a 90 which is more like it for mine.

Only player in that range worth trading in is Cogs and if you have him already then its a Sellwood/Parker/Cripps/Gibbs in that order for Rocky with all of them likely to go 110 plus and have a great chance to finish in the top 10 mids.
I'm actually surprised there's been no mention of Acres. Been waiting a couple of years for him to break-out. He has looked awesome both weeks, including last week when he scored 90 in a game where the Saints got demolished. You'd hope that will be their most uncompetitive game for the year.

Even if he does go 90, as a forward that's enough for the year. I expect him to do better than that though, maybe even 100. He's shown his top-level scoring previously although not consistently. At 22yo he's primed to break-out and I expect him to be a keeper.

The reason I've steered away from the guys you mention because I wanted a forward. I may well target one of those guys next week however when I switch Acres to the forward line when I have some more information on a few guys.

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
Pretty lucky as I don't have any corrections that I need to make really. I've got Hibberd who I'm going to hold and hope comes good, don't think the scoring difference from here between he and Simpson is worth the trade.

The one I'm considering though is Treloar>Oliver. Started Treloar because I thought he had some value at his price and could return to averaging 110+. I've watched him over the first two rounds pretty closely and I just don't see anything changing & I think he'll sit between 100-105, he was playing this gross deep forward role last week and was only on 20 at half time but luckily kicked a couple of goals in the second half to boost his score.

On the other hand I think Oliver is turning into an SC beast and is unlikely to be too affected by a tag with his inside contested game. I see him comfortably finishing as a top 6 mid so I think it's worth getting the trade done now while I've got no other issues to deal with.

Anyway, look forward to 150+ from Treloar tonight...

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
I'm actually surprised there's been no mention of Acres. Been waiting a couple of years for him to break-out. He has looked awesome both weeks, including last week when he scored 90 in a game where the Saints got demolished. You'd hope that will be their most uncompetitive game for the year.

Even if he does go 90, as a forward that's enough for the year. I expect him to do better than that though, maybe even 100. He's shown his top-level scoring previously although not consistently. At 22yo he's primed to break-out and I expect him to be a keeper.

The reason I've steered away from the guys you mention because I wanted a forward. I may well target one of those guys next week however when I switch Acres to the forward line when I have some more information on a few guys.

Good luck with it LR as you said it could work out really well, its just a low % play but when they come off they pay big time.
FTR I think he goes for about 85 and keep in mind we have 19 players currently averaging over 100 so a trade in at that value at this point you want 95 basement IMO
GL LR