Potential Trades Before Round 2

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
So for me it’s a big no no trading after round 1, unless you absolutely have to. But a few guys caught my eye:

Naughton to Bonner looks like a popular trade that’s happening
Zorko to Jack Steven / Luke Parker as well
Kreuser to NicNat

Thoughts? Any others? What are you planning on doing?

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
I think Naughton needs another game before you chop him, however Bonner looks like good value. Tough one.

I know this sounds stupid but im thinking of going Martin to NicNat to bank the cash. NicNat killed it off only 55% game time. His durability will be an issue but that cash could be handy and allow me to upgrade someone to Bonner

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
It's always hard to resist the urge and back in your pre season reasoning for not picking the players you didn't.
For me, not having all of titch, coniglio and Sicily hurts but trading the guys I picked over them (zorko, fyfe, hibberd) on the back of 1 game is madness when viewed with a cool head.
Theres reasons for each of the over/under performers...Titch isnt going to have 54 every week, zorko isnt going to cop the hard tag every week etc.
Hold firm and re-assess after round 2.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Sideways trades this early could hurt if your rookie structure is making you the money needed

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
I’ve traded libba to Cripps already, didn’t have any cash to go higher.

Very worried about zerrett, any head bump and he is gone with blurred vision it seems. Two concussions in 4 weeks is bad news for him and me! I feel it’s very risky to keep him, barring a glowing report from Essendon and he doesn’t miss this week. I’ll trade to Oliver most likely if I need to.

Reactions: Centroprise

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
I personally think the end of round 2 is where you can make one or two correction trades if you got on the wrong rookie or someone’s role is completely different to what you anticipated. But agree sideways trades just for the sake of chasing last week’s points can be dangerous.

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
I chose Crouch over Titch- and it hurt me, but I agree chasing points is dangerous. I am telling myself to wait until the end of rd 2 before I make any trades. (over and over). I will see what Danger is doing too, Naughton to Bonner is very very tempting though.
I can't believe I have Fyfe (again) and he is under performing! I know its only rd 1 but I am not waiting until rd (14?) for him to get is form back again!

Reactions: Rodger

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
I chose Crouch over Titch- and it hurt me, but I agree chasing points is dangerous. I am telling myself to wait until the end of rd 2 before I make any trades. (over and over). I will see what Danger is doing too, Naughton to Bonner is very very tempting though.
I can't believe I have Fyfe (again) and he is under performing! I know its only rd 1 but I am not waiting until rd (14?) for him to get is form back again!

freo at home to ess this week, expect fyfe to bounce back. had a great JLT game the other week. if zerrett doesnt get up even better for fyfe. do ess have a known tagger?

Feb 18, 2018
Need help want to trade Ryder to some one can go up and down who is better don't like nick Nat but nank Martin or godly looks to be a better option keuzer is injured so don't like going to him as well

Feb 18, 2018
Want to get rid of bont looks shit from the start don't look he will be top 8 this year and bulldogs will be bad this no hope thinking of Kelly ,jack Stevens ,Parker or coniglio any help will be appreciated

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Need help want to trade Ryder to some one can go up and down who is better don't like nick Nat but nank Martin or godly looks to be a better option keuzer is injured so don't like going to him as well

NicNat only played 51% game time or something and scored well. only worry is durability/interstate games.
Goldy smashed it to half time, then disappeared and scored like 15 in the second half. I blame tinder personally.
martin looks solid, but I would have goldy and nicnat ahead.

Reactions: Steve

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
NicNat only played 51% game time or something and scored well. only worry is durability/interstate games.
Goldy smashed it to half time, then disappeared and scored like 15 in the second half. I blame tinder personally.
martin looks solid, but I would have goldy and nicnat ahead.
I think goldy did pretty well considering he's 200cm and they where basically playing water polo up in cairns. Not an owner but certainly wouldn't be discouraged by the weekend if I was.

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
If Keruzer does not get up I will be looking at either Nic Nac or English, English will make a stack of cash if he keeps going.

Shaker

Jan 25, 2018
Have to deal with Ryder and NN was good but he comes with a risk maybe English could be the backup but hard to tell after one game , Goldy and Witts scores are a bit inflated with many stoppages because of the conditions I think , rucks are difficult this year but I have to get someone for Ryder so one trade as it stands now who it is still deciding.

Reactions: Centroprise

Mark185

Feb 22, 2018
I’ll be waiting to see on Kreuzer and Merrett, but after one week you can’t be sideways trading your premiums. You’ll run out by the end of the season.

Reactions: Prospector

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Ryder is a month put they reckon will have to trade him just not sure wether to cash cash with nic nat or go merrett or witts for more solid points..any thoughts?

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I'd only trade an injured ruckman this week. Hard to cop a donut at this stage.

Other circumstance is if you completely stuffed up the rookies and might need to make 3 or 4 trades to fix it (i.e. 2 next week isn't enough).

Libba would the other one, but I'd also make the case of riding the rookies for a week and getting another week of information before deciding on a trade target.

No trades for me this week.

tmac89

Jul 23, 2017
have Ryder, so need to trade him. Down to Nic Nat seems the smart move as I was genuinely considering starting him anyway.

also, have Merrett. Was going to hold; but with the Ryder to nic nat trade, I can afford Danger.

it is a wasted trade and I had committed to waiting until rookies came good, but can I afford not to make it? he only 19% ownership?

Mar 26, 2018
Hi guys!

First post.

Here is my team with best rookies on field ( none of which i had on the weekend, haha)

Reasonable start 2335.

Potential players im eyeing before price changes are Sicily, Lobb, English, Bonner,
Coniglio & Constable.

I selected 2 mid price fwds due to lack of confidence in fwd rookies.

Dunkley has a lot of potential at this stage & we know christensen can play but looks like he might take a while. Both were selected with the view to generate some $$$ whilst providing decent output.

Thinking of going early on a christensen to english & naughton to bonner, this will allow me flexability the following week.

Having said that despite being reasonale succesful in supercoach with my lowest ever finish 11000th & top finish 696th. I have run out of trades every season & my ranking has fallen away significantly in the fianl few rounds.

I would appreciate some feedback, advice, discussion!

upload_2018-3-26_13-43-15.png

TIA,

Ginyu

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus