2018 Rookies

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
Tom Cole confirmed as unavailable for Round 1. Still select him on the bench for Rd 1 with the expectation he will return Rd 2?

Reactions: Prospector

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
Tom Cole confirmed as unavailable for Round 1. Still select him on the bench for Rd 1 with the expectation he will return Rd 2?

No for me. Too much money on the bench. Lachlan Murphy sounds like he's very close to playing so I've gone with him but will opt for another rookie like Mihochek if he's named.

Reactions: jkcfc

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Is it just me, or after all the talk of the back rookies are we actually left with very few to choose from??

Doedee, Finlayson, Naughton, Murray and Murphy might be all we have to choose from. They're all good options, although Murphy seems to have pretty sketchy JS. But the talk of rookies from D3 looks dead and buried. In fact, I find myself reassessing my structure and potentially only going in with 4 defensive rookies (unfortunately after I've already passed on Simmo and Garlett....).

Rhys

Patron '18
May 15, 2017
Is it just me, or after all the talk of the back rookies are we actually left with very few to choose from??

Doedee, Finlayson, Naughton, Murray and Murphy might be all we have to choose from. They're all good options, although Murphy seems to have pretty sketchy JS. But the talk of rookies from D3 looks dead and buried. In fact, I find myself reassessing my structure and potentially only going in with 4 defensive rookies (unfortunately after I've already passed on Simmo and Garlett....).
Yep! Goodbye Cole, Coffison and OShea. Hope the guys left keep playing

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015

MOC is an option D/M named on extended bench for Cats.

jkcfc

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 8, 2016
Thoughts on L Murphy's job security? I'm weighing up between him and Keeffe.

Tangentleman

Jun 11, 2015
Not sure if many others were planning on picking him, but I see Will Brodie ended up as an emergency. Thought he looked the goods for a definite start but I guess not.
I am thinking of swapping to LDU. Anyone else got better suggestions? Already have Brayshaw, Banfield, Barry, Holman, Kelly

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
JS for Barry ?
Not sure if many others were planning on picking him, but I see Will Brodie ended up as an emergency. Thought he looked the goods for a definite start but I guess not.
I am thinking of swapping to LDU. Anyone else got better suggestions? Already have Brayshaw, Banfield, Barry, Holman, Kelly

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-23/cats-confirm-three-debutants-for-round-one

GEELONG will unveil at least three debutants against Melbourne on Sunday.

Mature-age draftee Tim Kelly, first-year midfielder Lachlan Fogarty and 19-year-old Esava Ratugolea will be blooded at the MCG.

Coach Chris Scott stopped short of confirming the final bench spot between Jordan Cunico, Mark O'Connor, Zach Guthrie, Jordan Murdoch and a potential fourth debutant Charlie Constable.

Reactions: Centroprise

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Mark O'connor looks tempting anyone watched him through the JLT? 2nd year player and player a midfield role in the JLT.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
1. I have 3 mid rookies on field. Bradshaw, Banfield, Clarke (Barry, Holman, Kelly)
Not sure about Clarke for LDU or O,Connor. Thoughts for that m8?
2. I have Olango and Dusty VC. Is it worth Getting English as he's playing? Trying to get Cash is better or doesn't matter.