Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
Same :(
Was worried about the pruess factor...
Hopefully kruezer can get up for next week.
Only in 6.6% of teams the 6th most selected ruck hurts.

I am hoping that he plays next week, otherwise we can go to any of the other rucks that look good. It is more the burnt trade early that is disappointing

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
LDU just doesn't look like he'll score well enough to justify his price... Why not punt on Constable or Fogarty who could be actually named in the 22 and have shown the potential to be good scorers?

Tangentleman

Jun 11, 2015
LDU just doesn't look like he'll score well enough to justify his price... Why not punt on Constable or Fogarty who could be actually named in the 22 and have shown the potential to be good scorers?

I could move Foggerty from FWD to MID, not opposed to that. I am not sure about CCs job security (will he go out when Danger comes back?).
Moving Foggerty means I get to decide who my new FWD rookie is and I'd probably go with Ryan from WC...

Reactions: Toadvine

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
I could move Foggerty from FWD to MID, not opposed to that. I am not sure about CCs job security (will he go out when Danger comes back?).
Moving Foggerty means I get to decide who my new FWD rookie is and I'd probably go with Ryan from WC...

I was talking about Lachie Fogarty from the Cats. He looked good in the JLT and could play as a tackling small forward the Cats need.

Your Darcy Fog move could work too but I'd be worried about his job security with Tex and Lynch to come back in.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Danger out for one week. Is there any viable option for starting with him on bench for a week?

I have little doubt he will score well right away, and if a rookie can score 90 to cover it’s an option?

Am I not drunk enough yet to see how crazy it is?

I’ve worked out a possible mad strategy. I’ll put the E on Barry from port, and if by some miracle he scores 100+ I’ll keep danger for next week.
If he scores a sub 80, I can trade danger to tmitch with time to spare.

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I’ve worked out a possible mad strategy. I’ll put the E on Barry from port, and if by some miracle he scores 100+ I’ll keep danger for next week.
If he scores a sub 80, I can trade danger to tmitch with time to spare.

That's what I am doing too.

Reactions: qarocks

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
Which rookies should we run with on field in the midfield? Obviously, Bradshaw would be a lock. Any others?

M-Town Ballers

Patron '18
Aug 3, 2015
English vs Cameron. Now that English has been picked. Taking into account that I have the VC on Martin aswell
I’m in same situation and going Cameron on field captain. My other thought was pick english and put Paul Ahern on field captain. Tough call either way

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
Forcing my hand here with a few late changes due to Keeffe and Coffield not getting named. I’ve gone;

Out: Toby Greene, Coffield, Keeffe
In: Michael Hibberd, Raynar, Lachlan Murphy.

In that last Def spot, does anyone know anything about Lachlan Murphy vs. Mark O’Connor?

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
Forcing my hand here with a few late changes due to Keeffe and Coffield not getting named. I’ve gone;

Out: Toby Greene, Coffield, Keeffe
In: Michael Hibberd, Raynar, Lachlan Murphy.

In that last Def spot, does anyone know anything about Lachlan Murphy vs. Mark O’Connor?

Neither has great JS. But I got both of them. O’Connor is an Irish recruit, been in the system a couple years now. Had a decent JLT without setting the world on fire. Geelong coach seems to like him.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Fogarty vs English vs O'Connor ??

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Big big raps on Fogarty coming out of Adelaide. If he performs well and with the other Crouch being out for a few weeks I reckon they make room for him even when Tex comes back into the side.
Cheers, that's what I ended up landing on too

Reactions: Centroprise

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
Can't decide on where to go here, keen for another perspective.

Josh Kelly (MID)
Lobb (FWD)
$29.2k
vs

Dangerfield (MID)
Bonner (DEF)
$47.2k.

The risk sits in Bonner vs Lobb.

I view Bonner purely as a stepping stone, where as Lobb a chance as a keeper (no.1 Ruck, yet limited pre-season).

Thoughts?

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Can't decide on where to go here, keen for another perspective.

Josh Kelly (MID)
Lobb (FWD)
$29.2k
vs

Dangerfield (MID)
Bonner (DEF)
$47.2k.

The risk sits in Bonner vs Lobb.

I view Bonner purely as a stepping stone, where as Lobb a chance as a keeper (no.1 Ruck, yet limited pre-season).

Thoughts?

personally I would be looking at plan c.
can you post your team?

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
personally I would be looking at plan c.
can you post your team?

DED: Laird, Hibberd, Siciliy, Naughton, Doedee, Murray, (Finlayson/Murphy)
MID: Martin, Mitchell, Kelly, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Kelly (Tim), (Banfield/Barry/Holman).
RUCK: Marton, Gawn, (Lavender)
FWD: Henney, Billings, Smith, Lobb, Christensen, Fritsch, (Giles-Landon/Ryan)

I view my biggest risks as Sicily, Coniglio, Lobb. Am also considering Stef Martin to either of Goldy or Ryder.

I have Barry as Emergency, if he somehow goes 90+, I can pivot Josh Kelly to Danger, Lobb to Siciliy (FWD Swing), and need to bring in a DEF > $304,500.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
DED: Laird, Hibberd, Siciliy, Naughton, Doedee, Murray, (Finlayson/Murphy)
MID: Martin, Mitchell, Kelly, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Kelly (Tim), (Banfield/Barry/Holman).
RUCK: Marton, Gawn, (Lavender)
FWD: Henney, Billings, Smith, Lobb, Christensen, Fritsch, (Giles-Landon/Ryan)

I view my biggest risks as Sicily, Coniglio, Lobb. Am also considering Stef Martin to either of Goldy or Ryder.

I have Barry as Emergency, if he somehow goes 90+, I can pivot Josh Kelly to Danger, Lobb to Siciliy (FWD Swing), and need to bring in a DEF > $304,500.

your team looks really good. no-one can knock you for sicily or martin in the ruck, I can see the pickle you are in!
lobb looks like the biggest risk as you mentioned, i would look at all the forwards I could afford and see if there was anyone with less risk and go with them. If you are not convinced by anyone, then just back your gut.
Petracca maybe an option? Personally I have gone with Melksham in that spot from the dees. everyone thinks i'm crazy, but i am very confident he can avg close to 90.