2018 Forward Premiums

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Yep, currently my F3. Seems to have surpassed Dahlhaus and playing almost purely midfield, good SC:DT ratio and by all reports one of Bevos favourites. Happy for him to fly under the radar tbh

Avg approx 95 in JLT which is good. I'm pretty sure they said there were better options before McLean, not that he was a bad pick.
personally im waiting to see how the dogs go. A few tough games early.

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
Add me to the list of people surprised about the guys thoughts on McLean Vs Dahl.

Averaged 95 in the back half of the season when the Dogs were still fighting for a top 8 spot and has continued that form in the JLT. I think Dahlhaus is falling into that category of having his SC scores hurt by the fact that he's just too good as a half forward.

Reactions: PickenWinners

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Rank these three - Walters, McLean, Sicily
In my team, in my team, in my team.

Alternatively in the order you listed them. Sonny can go ultra-huge. McLean averaged 97 in the mids and Sicily averaged 91 down back. There's a chance Sicily gets to 95 if he can turn his down games into 60s and not 40s. I wouldn't be picking him as a forward though, too many options that have as good/better chance of working out at their value.

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015

Alternatively in the order you listed them. Sonny can go ultra-huge. McLean averaged 97 in the mids and Sicily averaged 91 down back. There's a chance Sicily gets to 95 if he can turn his down games into 60s and not 40s. I wouldn't be picking him as a forward though, too many options that have as good/better chance of working out at their value.

Thanks guys. The way I see it is -

Walters - Highest risk, highest reward. Most likely to have 50's and 140's.
McLean - Steadiest option. Likely will have most scores between 85-105.
Sicily - Somewhere in between. Not as risky or as much upside as Walters, not as steady as McLean.

That's kind of why I'm more leaning towards picking McLean first. If Walters blows up, can trade him in later at only $40-60k more.

Reactions: bat and Seppo

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
Thanks guys. The way I see it is -

Walters - Highest risk, highest reward. Most likely to have 50's and 140's.
McLean - Steadiest option. Likely will have most scores between 85-105.
Sicily - Somewhere in between. Not as risky or as much upside as Walters, not as steady as McLean.

That's kind of why I'm more leaning towards picking McLean first. If Walters blows up, can trade him in later at only $40-60k more.
I currently have McLean in my team and I'm not really considering the other two just because of the inconsistency. I will say though that you do not want to be planning on trading in Walters after he blows up. One of 3 things will happen: You will have either missed the boat entirely (fair chance IMO), you will be overpaying for him, or you'll have to wait so long for his price to drop again that he's either close to last upgraded or it's too late. With Walters I think it's either you start him or you let him score against you all year.

Reactions: bat

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
I will say though that you do not want to be planning on trading in Walters after he blows up. One of 3 things will happen: You will have either missed the boat entirely (fair chance IMO), you will be overpaying for him, or you'll have to wait so long for his price to drop again that he's either close to last upgraded or it's too late. With Walters I think it's either you start him or you let him score against you all year.
Agree. For those reasons I think he's a great POD. If he does live up to his SC potential he'll be very tricky to get in, particularly with the R14 bye.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Im liking Jeremy Cameron more and more this year, average has steadily increased every year 89 last year, feel like he could go 95+ this year and I think Giants will be right there in September. Does he become the new JJK and actually be SC relevant, he seems like he has that same big ceiling? A few injuries last year is a little bit of a deterrent but could be a nice POD under 500k?

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Im liking Jeremy Cameron more and more this year, average has steadily increased every year 89 last year, feel like he could go 95+ this year and I think Giants will be right there in September. Does he become the new JJK and actually be SC relevant, he seems like he has that same big ceiling? A few injuries last year is a little bit of a deterrent but could be a nice POD under 500k?
In my team right now, Dogs first round key defender injuries, Collingwood rd 2, that'll be nice too, then sydney freo saints and Lions

Reactions: luke394

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

I don't mind picking Sicily as a forward with the idea of chucking him back later, especially if you're starting 1 or less of Heeney, Billings & Greene.

Reactions: Prospector

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Anyone considering Boak. Priced at 85ppg looks a safer pick than Mclean considering his durrability and potential to hit the 100ppg. Both the same price. Mclean looks like a Trap to me and you really need him to hit the 95ppg mark. IMO Boak and Dalhouse are more likely going to be top 6 fowards at the end of the year.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Haven't seen Boak move this preseason, but he has seemed cooked over the past 2 seasons. For a bloke rated one of the elite a few years ago when the Cats were chasing him, he's gone downhill majorly since then. Averages of 105, 99, 91,85 past 4 years spell it out perfectly. He couldn't get a spot in Port's midfield last year. Unless you've seen/heard something in preseason to make you think he's back near his best, I'd be staying away.

McLean getting talked about a lot. He looks like a break-out, but converting a couple of your good scores into 120's doesn't sell it for me. I can't predict who's going to occupy the midfield minutes for the Dogs. At the moment, Bont, Macrae and Libba look like the main guys. Can't see Dahlhaus getting any more scoring opportunity than he got last year unless the Dogs win significantly more. I can see why these guys are tempting, but I'm avoiding Dogs this year until I've seen them in action.

Samps

Mar 22, 2017
Anyone considering Boak. Priced at 85ppg looks a safer pick than Mclean considering his durrability and potential to hit the 100ppg. Both the same price. Mclean looks like a Trap to me and you really need him to hit the 95ppg mark. IMO Boak and Dalhouse are more likely going to be top 6 fowards at the end of the year.

The new rotation rules have really hurt Boak’s stocks. He doesn’t quite have the tank to run through the middle as much as he did when Hinkley first took over the club.

Adding Rockliff to the mix that already includes Ebert, Gray, Wingard and Wines, I’d look elsewhere.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
McLean getting talked about a lot. He looks like a break-out, but converting a couple of your good scores into 120's doesn't sell it for me. I can't predict who's going to occupy the midfield minutes for the Dogs. At the moment, Bont, Macrae and Libba look like the main guys. Can't see Dahlhaus getting any more scoring opportunity than he got last year unless the Dogs win significantly more. I can see why these guys are tempting, but I'm avoiding Dogs this year until I've seen them in action.

The thing that concerns me most about McLean now is that Picken looks like he will be out for an indefinite period of time so that's like to increase McLean's time up forward again. FWIW I think McLean has real upside.

It's basically between McLean, Walters and Lambert for me atm. All god PODs imo

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
The thing that concerns me most about McLean now is that Picken looks like he will be out for an indefinite period of time so that's like to increase McLean's time up forward again. FWIW I think McLean has real upside.

It's basically between McLean, Walters and Lambert for me atm. All god PODs imo

Walters is in 12%, McLean & Lambert 5%.

Paul Valenti

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2018
Yeah Im tossing up between Walters, Mclean & Lambert. ATM I have Lambert in and not the other two.