Pre Season chat

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So with Trade Week (ish) underway (that really has been quite sluggish at best), it's time to look to next year and start taking notes.

One that has me thinking is the move of Rocky to PA. Does this make him relevant??
In one word, yes.
If he can stay injury free i think he is going to relish playing in that midfield.

Reactions: Prospector

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
So with Trade Week (ish) underway (that really has been quite sluggish at best), it's time to look to next year and start taking notes.

One that has me thinking is the move of Rocky to PA. Does this make him relevant??
In one word, yes.
If he can stay injury free i think he is going to relish playing in that midfield.
Interested to see the impact on Robbie Gray. Could play a lot more forward. I think he may end up being available as a fwd in SC too.

Reactions: doddy2731

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015

In one word, yes.
My ears always prick up when a fantasy-relevant player switches teams. It seems a fair bet that they will want to exploit his ball winning ability rather than play him forward.

I'm happy the Bombers picked up Devon Smith. Every team needs dudes who can use the pill well. Him and Fantasia as small forwards make a pretty decent combination.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
My ears always prick up when a fantasy-relevant player switches teams. It seems a fair bet that they will want to exploit his ball winning ability rather than play him forward.

I'm happy the Bombers picked up Devon Smith. Every team needs dudes who can use the pill well. Him and Fantasia as small forwards make a pretty decent combination.

Yep i reckon Smith will fit in really well at the Bombers.

I'm itching for the end of the trade period (which i think is tooooooo long btw) to have a good look who ended where.
Pretty exciting couple of days coming up.

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Yep i reckon Smith will fit in really well at the Bombers.

I'm itching for the end of the trade period (which i think is tooooooo long btw) to have a good look who ended where.
Pretty exciting couple of days coming up.
Yeah it does go on for a bit, but I think the AFL don't mind that at all. They like the game to be in the 'frame' as many months as possible.

Terry Wallace was saying the other day that they need time for players to fly interstate and have medicals and what not, so that's apparently part of the reason.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Yeah it does go on for a bit, but I think the AFL don't mind that at all. They like the game to be in the 'frame' as many months as possible.

Terry Wallace was saying the other day that they need time for players to fly interstate and have medicals and what not, so that's apparently part of the reason.

Well it's only about 2 more months until someone is training the house down so yeah the game really isn't to far away. Bring it on.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Balic and Lever to the Dees.
I'm a little excited about our future.
Although i am disappointed in Watts being shown the down.

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Balic and Lever to the Dees.
I'm a little excited about our future.
Although i am disappointed in Watts being shown the down.

I think he's a better player than pick 31. Not a world beater by any means, but I honestly thought he could have played a role in the Dees next flag tilt. I hope he does OK at PA and manages to prove Melbourne wrong. Only time will tell.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Apparently teams will only be playing 2 JLT games next year.
Does this mean less data or better data with the third game being ditched.

Reactions: Tandy

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Really fantasy relevant trade this year.

It'll be hard to go past Devon Smith, I don't think he's been brought in to be a forward pocket, Wing & HF with the odd CB attendance assuming he stays fit I think 95ave is very possible.

I think Freo did very well in this trade period, grabbing P2 for a solid player who I do think can be a very good player is fantastic work, Wilson & Matera have both shown signs of fantasy relevance in the past.

Adam Saad's move to Essendon looks a perfect fit & though I don't have any plans to pick him the knock on affect of his presence makes me excited to to pick McGrath as a defender as I think he'll be mostly a mid next season.

Would be happily to pay a premium rookie price if Balic looks best 22 for Melbourne, kid has a lot of talent.

Stringer supposedly going to play 60-40 Mid/Fwd next season not sure of that good or bad.

Cameron not sure he's ever going to be consistent enough to be an option even with mid time at Brisbane.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Had some spare time so I had a look at SC for next year
I'm using 5450 as the magic number for prices at the moment, not sure how much Bennell or Nic Nat will be discounted but I had a guess

Not sure about picking Gaz because I'm not sure how many games he'll play, but I think his scoring won't be a worry... Danger isn't included yet either

I quite like Chad Wingard too, not in this screenshot though, should be priced around 506k

I'm assuming Lobb will be GWS's number 1 ruck, Dawson Simpson was only an emergency in the Prelim against the Tigs and Lobb dominated both the finals after Mumford went down, perfect age to breakout and with Mumford retiring I expect him to go really well... Gawn's the other lock, explains itself

If Yeo's available anywhere except only midfield he's a lock too

Screenshot_13.png

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Reports Docherty has done his ACL and will likely miss the entire 2018 season.
Going to make for some interesting backlines now.

Last edited:
Reactions: M4TT B8S

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Reports Docherty has done his ACL and will likely miss the entire 2018 season.
Going to make for some interesting backlines now.
Wowsers, that'll set the Cat amongst the proverbial ...