League Finals Week 2 - Trades

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Options for Selwood under 487k? I have Yeo, dahl, heeney and franklin already. Looking at fwd or mid. Gray, Gibbs,?

Gibbs worries me, plays teams with Taggers for the last 3 games, Gray I think looks a good option, as Ive said already Menegola is risky but not crazy, I don't think there's any FWD-MIDs that are worth bringing in to midfield

Reactions: Tandy

Zacleonard12

Aspiring Coach
Apr 4, 2016
Thoughts on what trades to do?

Thinking Lynch to Ryder
Or grundy to kreuzer
+
Jelwood to either Neale/m.crouch/kelly

IMG_1542.JPG

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Im a little short of going Selwood to Crouch with my last tradr. The head says to get Neale for Selwood... But Kelly interests me even with the tough run home. Or Oliver. I have no idea.

Zacleonard12

Aspiring Coach
Apr 4, 2016
Im a little short of going Selwood to Crouch with my last tradr. The head says to get Neale for Selwood... But Kelly interests me even with the tough run home. Or Oliver. I have no idea.
I'd go Neale, 12/19 scores over 106

Reactions: Steve

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
What to do...
1 trade left, $177k in the bank. Selwood and Grundy both out. My team attached.

I'm thinking, J.Selwood to Ryder via one of my DPP. Ryder can cover Grundy and if I make it through a few more weeks, Ryder can swing forward.

My opponent this week isn't that strong, still playing a lot of Rookies.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1020.PNG
    IMG_1020.PNG
    702.5 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Steve

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
What to do...
1 trade left, $177k in the bank. Selwood and Grundy both out. My team attached.

I'm thinking, J.Selwood to Ryder via one of my DPP. Ryder can cover Grundy and if I make it through a few more weeks, Ryder can swing forward.

My opponent this week isn't that strong, still playing a lot of Rookies.

Thoughts?

Sound plan.

Reactions: Tandy

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Titch or M.Crouch?

Titch seems a lock for 115 every week by rarely gets that big score. M.Crouch killing it last 5 games and looks unstoppable.

Zacleonard12

Aspiring Coach
Apr 4, 2016
Titch or M.Crouch?

Titch seems a lock for 115 every week by rarely gets that big score. M.Crouch killing it last 5 games and looks unstoppable.
Basically titch is a lock for a ton each week no matter what he is just a ball magnet, only 2 scored under 100 all season I would be choosing him as a safe option or if you want a pod matt crouch is the best pod at the moment I believe, I have had titch all season he has been amazing and just picked up matt crouch

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Basically titch is a lock for a ton each week no matter what he is just a ball magnet, only 2 scored under 100 all season I would be choosing him as a safe option or if you want a pod matt crouch is the best pod at the moment I believe, I have had titch all season he has been amazing and just picked up matt crouch

It's really a case of wanting to negate Titch or try and smash him.

The down side of the POD is of course, you can get smashed on the receiving end.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I've got enough Cash & Trades to convert Witts into Kreuzer & Jelwood into M.Crouch. Just not at the same time.

Think I'll loophole LLoyd at M9 for Jelwood. Hopefully tons up I can take that score and bring in Kruezer this week and Crouch next week. That way I can use Ryder & Greenwood in the Fwd line until next week.

Really don't want to be relying on Pickett or J.Thomas to score.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Want to bring in Ryder for Grundy but would only leave $440,900 to replace Selwood, Not convinced by Stef Martin had 40+ hit outs last 2 weeks and hasn't hit a ton, but 440K doesn't leave me many options Dixon or Franklin play a Mid/Fwd in the mids or Rance and play Adams in the mids super risky moves but I'm not against them.

If I was to go Grundy to Martin, I'd have $530,800 to replace Selwood which obviously opens up a lot more options but I do think Ryder will out score Martin 15+ points a week over the 3 games.

Reactions: Prospector

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Want to bring in Ryder for Grundy but would only leave $440,900 to replace Selwood, Not convinced by Stef Martin had 40+ hit outs last 2 weeks and hasn't hit a ton, but 440K doesn't leave me many options Dixon or Franklin play a Mid/Fwd in the mids or Rance and play Adams in the mids super risky moves but I'm not against them.

If I was to go Grundy to Martin, I'd have $530,800 to replace Selwood which obviously opens up a lot more options but I do think Ryder will out score Martin 15+ points a week over the 3 games.
Very similar to my situation except I had to replace the ruck last week (Witts). I went Witts to Stef and now I'm going to go Jelwood to Parker (I think),

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Very similar to my situation except I had to replace the ruck last week (Witts). I went Witts to Stef and now I'm going to go Jelwood to Parker (I think),

Parker looks a good option, Away against Crow next week but he's not the type to not score well just because he's playing a good team.

Tbh I know what the smart trade is but I'm just hung up on what Ryder could do to Mason Cox, Jordan Roughead & Dan Currie.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Looking at either Gibbs or Sloane for my last trade to replace Selwood. Im thinking Sloane even though we know his ceiling is huge but so is his basement. Here’s my analysis

Sloane
@Essendon Sat Night, Sydney Friday Night, @West Coast Sunday. I know Essendon don’t tag, do West Coast? Sydney tag but that risk is mitigated by the fact I can loophole on a Friday night. I’ll put Crows down for 2/3 wins, possibly 3/3

Gibbs
@West Coast Sat Night, Hawthorn Sat night, @Sydney Saturday. Ill put Carlton down 1/3 wins possibly none if Hawthorn bring their A game. I know Carlton can still score well in a loss but having all their games in the middle of the round may make it hard to loophole.

Sloane seems like a better option but if I take Gibbs I can better offset the loophole options with Greenwood, whereas if I take Sloane I cant loop both Greenwood and Sloane.

What are peoples thoughts on Sloane v Gibbs?

Reactions: Prospector

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Looking at either Gibbs or Sloane for my last trade to replace Selwood. Im thinking Sloane even though we know his ceiling is huge but so is his basement. Here’s my analysis

Sloane
@Essendon Sat Night, Sydney Friday Night, @West Coast Sunday. I know Essendon don’t tag, do West Coast? Sydney tag but that risk is mitigated by the fact I can loophole on a Friday night. I’ll put Crows down for 2/3 wins, possibly 3/3

Gibbs
@West Coast Sat Night, Hawthorn Sat night, @Sydney Saturday. Ill put Carlton down 1/3 wins possibly none if Hawthorn bring their A game. I know Carlton can still score well in a loss but having all their games in the middle of the round may make it hard to loophole.

Sloane seems like a better option but if I take Gibbs I can better offset the loophole options with Greenwood, whereas if I take Sloane I cant loop both Greenwood and Sloane.

What are peoples thoughts on Sloane v Gibbs?
I reckon Gibbs is really benefiting from Kreuzer's current form.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Selwood>Coniglio

1 Trade left, Selwood, Grundy, Zerrett, Lynch and Witherden in my team, I'm out of my cash league, ranked just inside 20k, hasn't been my year. Time to throw caution to the wind and have a bit of fun. Coniglio only in 0.2% of teams, could be fun to watch

Reactions: the cranky one

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
As with Haychh, I my leagues are pretty much done and dusted, and ranked just outside 20k. So the left field play this week is Jelwood to Sloane, which leaves one trade and a little over 71k.

ossiet

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Aug 27, 2015
I'm after a Mid FWD with my last trade. Billings or Steel? I have been impressed with both... Steel seems to be finding form and billings seem to be emerging... Just think Steel get more opportunity in the Midfield and more Tackles. So its hard to split

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I'm after a Mid FWD with my last trade. Billings or Steel? I have been impressed with both... Steel seems to be finding form and billings seem to be emerging... Just think Steel get more opportunity in the Midfield and more Tackles. So its hard to split

Billings for me, Problem with Steele is I'm not sure they actually rate him that high, Koby Stevens being dropped is a big plus.

Don't think there'll be too much difference between them.

Reactions: ossiet

ossiet

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Aug 27, 2015
Billings for me, Problem with Steele is I'm not sure they actually rate him that high, Koby Stevens being dropped is a big plus.

Don't think there'll be too much difference between them.
Yeah that what my head tells me. I am sentimental about steel as he came from my home club :)