League Finals Week 1 Trades

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
So ... Clayton Oliver. Really can't stand the bloke but this is a hell of a second year of SC scoring he's putting together. Only dropped under 100 four time. Only under 90 once.

Extrodinary really for a bloke who is a genuine rookie (i.e. Not mature aged) and had only played a dozen games before the start of the year.

Doesn't seem to be being discussed as much as you would expect ...

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Sloane has to go....... anyone will do. Seriously.

Then maybe Newman to Hurley. But seeing as Ryan, Scharenberg and Witherden all seem more than ample cover, I might be tempted to trade in a donut and loophole the shit out of them.

Reactions: GeoffMack

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
4 trades and 321k left over.

Rocky -> Dusty
Greenwood -> One of Gawn or Grundy

I've still got reservations about Gawn for some reason. There was talk about him missing last week and I'm just nervous about him for some reason. Grundy is in good form.

Thoughts?

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
4 trades and 321k left over.

Rocky -> Dusty
Greenwood -> One of Gawn or Grundy

I've still got reservations about Gawn for some reason. There was talk about him missing last week and I'm just nervous about him for some reason. Grundy is in good form.

Thoughts?
Solid trades.

Have you looked at the run home for the two rucks? That could be the deciding factor.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
So ... Clayton Oliver. Really can't stand the bloke but this is a hell of a second year of SC scoring he's putting together. Only dropped under 100 four time. Only under 90 once.

Extrodinary really for a bloke who is a genuine rookie (i.e. Not mature aged) and had only played a dozen games before the start of the year.

Massive flog but getting hard to ignore

Reactions: Steve and cactus

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Solid trades.

Have you looked at the run home for the two rucks? That could be the deciding factor.

Yeah I have.

Gawn has GWS, STK, BL and COLL.
Grundy has NM, PA, GEEL & MELB.

I think Gawn has the better run home so I'm swaying towards him. I had him at the start of the year when he got injured. Burnt me. I'd hate it if he were to do it again

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Geez this Danger suspension has thrown a spanner in the works. Adding to that I've got JPK whose likely to miss cos of hammy tightness and has been a dud pick anyway.

I think I might have to boot JPK -> Dusty & one Greenwood or Rocky to Gawn. I've fot 4 trades and 321k left.

Not sure what to do

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Gawn rucked on his own, with 86 TOG in Tassie last week why would they have risked him if he wasn't right?

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

In the Jock Reynolds Mag he was identified as having very similar stats at the same stage to a Bont, better than JPK & Fyfe, just need to up his TOG & a bit of natural improvement. I didn't think they'd use him how they have though, his Tank has come from knowhere

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I don't see how anyone could have predicted Oliver's SC scoring this year. If he keeps it up over the last few rnds it will be the best ever 2nd-yr for a young player.
Compare his first 2 years with Bont and Fyfe:
Oliver: 70.3, 112.2; Bont: 78.6, 103.2; Fyfe: 72.6, 108.0
Now compare the DT averages:
Oliver: 68.9, 102.3; Bont: 69.2, 92.4; Fyfe: 68.1, 98.4
For all 3 the SC average is roughly 10 points greater than the DT average - which is elite. But Oliver is getting more of the ball than either Bont or Fyfe.

Even when he started well and I had a chance to trade him in I didn't because I didn't think he could keep it up all year. I was wrong.
I also didn't think he had those massive scores in him yet. I thought 100-120s would be about his range. Again, I was wrong.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

I really wanted to pick him, saw last year he was a contested beast. Just didn't back my gut.

I noticed earlier in the year almost every top ranked team had him. The pick of the year for sure.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
You know him? Sounds like there might be a reputation?
He's young and probably growing up in public which isn't easy, but ... the diving incident was pretty dishonourable. And the subsequent tweet to Damien Martyn put him pretty squarely in the flog category. Still I've picked plenty of S**t blokes in my SC team before now ... and I've got an elimination in my cash league this round and Oliver, Zorko, and Beams are three that I'm contemplating.

Reactions: Prospector

Zacleonard12

Aspiring Coach
Apr 4, 2016
Completely stumped this week on what to do,
Elimination final in my cashy and have to cover for danger (unless he gets a miracle and gets off)

4 trades with 85,500 in the bank

Any thoughts or opinions on what I should do this week?
32990138-5BF6-4C1A-88FC-3011DDBEA6D0-7036-000003635D37320E.png

ajd

Mar 23, 2017
Elimination final in my cashy and have to cover for danger (unless he gets a miracle and gets off)

View attachment 886

I'm not sure i'm going through with it yet, but i'm in a pretty similar situation to you with a very similar team, 4 trades, 50k in the bank. I'm considering upgrading Nank (is he cooked?) to Ryder by dropping Bolton to Bayok from Westcoast. Westcoast have some of the last games in each round on the run home, so might be a handy loophole option.

Reactions: Zacleonard12

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Is beams still a no go? wanna trade pendles this week, and only got 508k not considering double trading. Marc Murphy, Cotch and Aaron Hall look more unique aswell.

Reactions: cactus

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria

View attachment 886
To add some further pain to your (and my) predicament, Witts is out this week and possibly next week with a shoulder injury