Rd 19 trades.......

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Yeah thought he was pretty poor this week yet still knocked out an acceptable score.

Goldy, Greene, Newman issues this week

Reactions: Tandy

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Thoughts? 6 Trades 81k
Adams, Shaw, Hibberd (melb), Doch, Newman, Tuohy (Hibberd - Nth, Ryan)
Jelwood, Danger, JPK, Neale, Merrett, Fyfe, Bont, Greenwood (Pepper, Witherden, Cousins)
Gawn, Martin (Strnadica)
Dank, Nank, Macrae, Buddy, Lynch, Ryder (Eddy, Parsons)

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Thoughts? 6 Trades 81k
Adams, Shaw, Hibberd (melb), Doch, Newman, Tuohy (Hibberd - Nth, Ryan)
Jelwood, Danger, JPK, Neale, Merrett, Fyfe, Bont, Greenwood (Pepper, Witherden, Cousins)
Gawn, Martin (Strnadica)
Dank, Nank, Macrae, Buddy, Lynch, Ryder (Eddy, Parsons)
I'd be going poo poo Parsons to Young, then maybe something like Newman to Hurley.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Yeah thought he was pretty poor this week yet still knocked out an acceptable score.

Not sure about your situation but I'd be looking at trying to keep Newman as a loophole option. His next 4 games are Friday, Friday, early Saturday and Friday. If he happens to find his groove again and can somehow maybe squeeze out another 150+ that could be huge.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Thoughts on Mitchell Vs Dusty for the remainder?? Money not an issue... The bad record hanging over Dusty's head worries me, 1 slip up and he's gone

Reactions: Tandy

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015

Had serious trade rage for Lloyd and Newman but on reflection, probably not their fault they scored so shit. Sydneys mids and fwds dominated saints that convincingly the pill hardly came out.

I'm not even taking the piss. They seriously didn't see the ball for most of the game. When the ball did go fwd for the saints they were so ordinary all the ball they did get was uncontested.

Reactions: Prospector

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Thoughts on Mitchell Vs Dusty for the remainder?? Money not an issue... The bad record hanging over Dusty's head worries me, 1 slip up and he's gone
I like Mitchell for his consistency and he has a pretty good run over the next 5 weeks. I know Tigers also have a nice draw, but Dusty record against Saints (SC GF) isn't very inspiring.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Sitting on top of my cash league, 1 1/2 games clear of 2nd so no real need to trade, but Parsons to Young to get some $ and a better F7 is on the cards. Will leave me with 4 trades heading into finals.

Zorko out is annoying and hopefully Gawn's ankle is right to go for Sunday.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Parsons -> Bayok
Rockliff -> Dusty

Gives me:

Hurley, Laird, Adams, Shaw, Hibberd, Lloyd (Witherden, Ryan)
Danger, T.Mitch, Dusty, Kennedy, Selwood, Treloar, Oliver, Fyfe (Greenwood, Hibberd, Cousins)
Martin, Ryder (Strnadica)
Yeo, Dahlhaus, Higgins, Heeney, Macrae, Lynch (Nankervis, Bayok)

Leaves me with 3 trades and 53k. Thought process behind getting Bayok is a strategic one - between he & Strnadica playing on Sundays it allows me multiple loopholing opportunities with Lynch/Nank/Greenwood. My last 3 trades will be used during finals to get Doch when he's reduced a bit in price and another quality ruckman or mid.

Thoughts on this? Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
I like Mitchell for his consistency and he has a pretty good run over the next 5 weeks. I know Tigers also have a nice draw, but Dusty record against Saints (SC GF) isn't very inspiring.

I must admit, I’m thinking of bringing Dusty in myself but they don’t have an easy final month and the Saints for some reason have been able to curtail the influence of the gun mids this year. I’m thinking Zerrett might be the better option for me now despite the fact I think Dusty has the higher ceiling and is better at handling a tag.

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
5 trades left, fully upgraded team, going for league and sitting one game clear on top. Thinking of doubling down this week:
Parsons > L.Young
Scharenberg > C.Glass

Would give me 360k to use for final three trades, and also allow me to swing Witherden and Glass if I have an injury in defence.
Thoughts?

Also, would it be wise to hold on to Greene for the next two weeks with Greenwood covering him?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Had serious trade rage for Lloyd and Newman but on reflection, probably not their fault they scored so shit. Sydneys mids and fwds dominated saints that convincingly the pill hardly came out.

I'm not even taking the piss. They seriously didn't see the ball for most of the game. When the ball did go fwd for the saints they were so ordinary all the ball they did get was uncontested.

My worry with Newman is the return of McVeigh

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Not sure about your situation but I'd be looking at trying to keep Newman as a loophole option. His next 4 games are Friday, Friday, early Saturday and Friday. If he happens to find his groove again and can somehow maybe squeeze out another 150+ that could be huge.

I think this is a very smart way to go about it, my worry is that Ryan and Scharenberg are my 2 Def bench players and both could be back in this week & as such can't loop hole, had planned to trade one to get Glass and swing Witherden to D6/7 with Newman.

Rocky I do feel like just isn't going to come good, Nank is pointless if he's scoring 50s hopefully Soldo will get dropped, Greene I'd like to hold & probably will funnily enough that probably comes down to Soldo as well.

May 17, 2015
1 Trade left, going OS for two rounds and have Wingard stinking it up. Need to trade him out but only have $505k. Got Nank, Greenwood and Witherden as cover. My options are Sloane, Cotchin, Wines and Gray for midfield. Like the run home for the latter two. Gunston and JJK up forward, but that means I have to play Greenwood onfield for rest of the year. (don't like this option) and Burgoyne and Williams in Def via DPP swing. Leaning to one of either Williams or Wines. Once done, I will have to set and forget for the next two weeks. Thoughts?

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
1 Trade left, going OS for two rounds and have Wingard stinking it up. Need to trade him out but only have $505k. Got Nank, Greenwood and Witherden as cover. My options are Sloane, Cotchin, Wines and Gray for midfield. Like the run home for the latter two. Gunston and JJK up forward, but that means I have to play Greenwood onfield for rest of the year. (don't like this option) and Burgoyne and Williams in Def via DPP swing. Leaning to one of either Williams or Wines. Once done, I will have to set and forget for the next two weeks. Thoughts?

Gray with Wingard out looks very interesting........

Excellent cover you'd have to think at M9.

Reactions: Steve

Dom Dunn

Patron '16
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016

Keen to hear your thoughts.....I'm thinking
Green & Nank OUT, JJK/Franklin in. Only leave me with 2 trades, but I need to have a crack to make finals.

Good trading or not??

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Gray with Wingard out looks very interesting........

Excellent cover you'd have to think at M9.
Strongly considering Scharenberg to Gray via DPP as M9 cover and loophole with Rocky. The price is right, the run is good... But will the mid time continue?