Round 15 trades

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
Seems I'm the only one with Houli this year. It's strange to me, 120ave through last 5 best behind only Doc, 7th best over the season but only 2.5% ownership. Don't think I can afford to hold though with only Ryan/Scharenberg as cover, ranked top 500 so don't want to slide back if I don't have to. Trade to Lloyd looks alright, pocket the 140k for use on Parsons/Berry to Gawn next week and move on.

Nato

May 22, 2015
I'm thinking the same thing, but leaning towards "its not worth the trade" for the extra 10 pts per game (Newman avg 90, Lloyd 100).
Im now thinking of jumping from JJ to Lloyd.

I'm still not sure if JJ will bounce back at some stage and burn me tho

Reactions: Nicko

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
You would have thought with the Lions losing Beams on the weekend that Barrett would have stepped up, but he didnt. Beams and BArrett out for me this weekend and Bont and Greene coming in.

Then when Jelwood bottoms out he will come in to my team

Reactions: cactus

BIG_UNIT_FC

Mar 24, 2016
Any thoughts on Matty White PTA (M/F) and Montagna as a defender? Thinking montagna instead of roberton as a POD

Alex_25

May 10, 2016
Any thoughts on Matty White PTA (M/F) and Montagna as a defender? Thinking montagna instead of roberton as a POD

Montagna only has 2 score above 100 this season while Roberton has had a few more so I would think its unlikely that he's gonna outplay him for the remainder of the season. Matt White has never averaged more than 75.6 in his 10 year career so i don't see any sign that he could improve this season. Plus he's only played 3 games in the last 2 years.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
11 Trades - 102K - Thinking Beams to Neale or Yeo. Any other options you thoughts?
Def: Adams, Shaw, Doch, Touhy, Hibberd (Melb), Newmann (Ryan Hibberd (Nth)
Mid: Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, JPK, Merrett, Bont, S Selwood, Beams (Berry, P-Power, Cousins)
Ruc: Martin, Sandi (Strnadica)
Fwd: Nank, Dahl, Macrae, Lynch, Buddy, Greenwood (Parsons, Eddy)

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I wasn't planning on trading this week but Scooter is forcing my hand. Over the next few weeks I have 2 more upgrades to make which will only leave me with 2 trades for the last 5 weeks but full benches (other than ruck) and plenty of flexibility over all lines.

I logged into SC not sure if I would go for Zerrett or Neale... And ended up going with Dusty even at the higher price point. Gut decisions are usually the best, right??

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I wasn't planning on trading this week but Scooter is forcing my hand. Over the next few weeks I have 2 more upgrades to make which will only leave me with 2 trades for the last 5 weeks but full benches (other than ruck) and plenty of flexibility over all lines.

I logged into SC not sure if I would go for Zerrett or Neale... And ended up going with Dusty even at the higher price point. Gut decisions are usually the best, right??

Sounds a good move to me, I picked up Neale over Zerrett last week immediate buyer remorse but who knows it could work out fine.

@Alex_25 So for me kind of depends on your mids, if you need another VC/C option I like Merrett best if you've got some blokes already with big ceilings I'd go Titch, Neale 3rd choice but i don't think he's a bad one.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Thoughts on Kreuzer people? His price is high, but looking at his season's work, it's not just the last 3 weeks. Can he keep it up?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Thoughts on Kreuzer people? His price is high, but looking at his season's work, it's not just the last 3 weeks. Can he keep it up?
If Gawn wasn't coming back I wish be all over Kruze (would have been over the byes). If you've got the cash and the trades then go for it.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I have Grundy and Goldy & I think there's a potential that they score about 40 points a week less than Gawn & Kreuzer on the run home.

Reactions: Prospector

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
with only 6 trades remaining and $600 in the bank, will be witing team sheets till i make an informed decision on trades, but will be going berry to witherden,(build the cash) then stewart to m8 or f6 pending quality of player can get for cash at bank (approx 518k)

Since both priddis and scooter have not been named trade options are:

option 1
stewrt to witherden
priddis to tmitchell
leaves 4 trades and 76k at bank

or option 2

stewart to witherden
priddis to greene
leaves 4 trades and 154k at bank and reopens m/f swing

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
But depending on who else is in the backline i'd prefer to upgrade then just sideswap or settle for 2 players averaging 90-95.

Lloyd is averaging 99.333 if you take out the 4. Makes him 5th ranked defender. Almost a must have.

Newman has a proven upside and can go large. Now averaging 92 and looking better every week. I kept Newman and traded Tuohy for Docherty instead.

Backline now Docherty, Adams, Laird, Lloyd, Newman, Hibberd. Only other 2 defenders I'd consider trading for Newman would be Howe & Hurley.

Reactions: doddy2731 and tbc

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Staying with my gut. No trades. 8 in the bank and $90k.

Next week, Berry OR Scharneberg to Witherden, Gawn in for Sandi or Witts.

tbc

Jun 7, 2016
Looking to complete my mids with an upgrade from Barrett ($340k) and $218k in the bank which just prevents me from looking at Neale or Pendles.

Am I crazy for considering Cripps at $526k over Rocky at $534k??? Cripps' last three have been great and it is starting to look like he is gaining the fitness he was lacking at the start of the year.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Have Adams in my midfield currently.

After much consideration:
- Flip Stewart to JJ with him to fulfil my D7 role eventually, although will be D6 for now.
- Flip Schar or Ryan to Hibberd or Witherden next week if they're still viable options so I can use the DPP for Adams
- Hold Beams and play JJ in defence for now. Logic being he's scoring well and will be a POD when he comes back. Being an AC injury there should be no longer term hesitancy or structural concerns.