Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Getting in early but am I the only one thinking of trading Fyfe before his rd 13 bye?
Will the one week rest make a difference?
I know Feeo got smashed but he only got 81, his average will dip under 100.

We should be aiming for 8 mids averaging 110-115+ yeah?

I really need at least one extra player actually playing next week- currently only have 16, 17 if I trade Sandi.
I traded Fyfe last week to get Rocky. Trading Fyfe was the right decision, not convinced Rocky was the right trade in though.

As others have said, he just doesn't look close to it this year. Even his good patches (like the first half on the weekend) are nowhere near his 2015 form. And his bad patches (like the second half on the weekend) are atrocious.

I can't see him turning it around this year. He looks like he needs a full pre-season to get his body right and build fitness, not just a case of getting his body match-fit. Happy to jump on next year if he does that, but given up on him for 2017.

P.S. wouldn't surprise to see him play a couple of good games after the bye but then regress back to how he's been the last couple of months for the remainder of the season.

Zacleonard12

Aspiring Coach
Apr 4, 2016
Got 2 options for trades this week,

Option 1
Fyfe - jelwood/Ablett
Taranto - lynch

Option 2
Taranto - yeo/macrae

Any thoughts?

AlLewis

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 16, 2017
I'm trading pretty aggressively this week as I'm up to 44th overall. I don't need to make 3 trades but I want to try and maximise my point scoring and these trades will see me with 21 on the park. I'll have everything crossed for a safe/clean second half of the season.

Heater > Lloyd (early, I know, but I want the extra points)
Fyfe > Bont
SPP > Macrae

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I'm trading pretty aggressively this week as I'm up to 44th overall. I don't need to make 3 trades but I want to try and maximise my point scoring and these trades will see me with 21 on the park. I'll have everything crossed for a safe/clean second half of the season.

Heater > Lloyd (early, I know, but I want the extra points)
Fyfe > Bont
SPP > Macrae

Seem like solid trades.

I'm teetering on trading Fyfe to Bont myself. Bont looks pretty ordinary as well but still managed to score 92 after doing FA.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Myers >>>> Lloyd.

Probably a week to early on Lloyd but it gives me an upgrade in the back line and makes sure I have 18 on the field. Opens up a DPP swing as well so pretty happy with that.

Really tempted to take Kruezer as well this week but it just seems so unlikely that he'll play out the season without him missing a couple of weeks.

Reactions: AlLewis

AlLewis

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 16, 2017
Myers >>>> Lloyd.

Probably a week to early on Lloyd but it gives me an upgrade in the back line and makes sure I have 18 on the field. Opens up a DPP swing as well so pretty happy with that.

Really tempted to take Kruezer as well this week but it just seems so unlikely that he'll play out the season without him missing a couple of weeks.
Kruezer does look good but that injury history... Also Gawn back soonish and will be a side swap for either Witts, Ryder or Nank... I'm so confused as to which Ruck to aim for and who to trade out... Witts has been consistent but Ryder has a massive upside and is playing well (not showing on the SC scoreboard though). And Nank, well most people have him so he is kinda irrelevant....

My last question mark is who I move on for my final mid upgrade... as of this week my midfield will be Dangerfield, Jelwood, Neale, Zerrett, Pendles, Bont, JPK and Scooter with Barrett, Cousins and Pickett on the pine... I may push for Sloane from Barrett in a few weeks and keep Scooter to cover Sloane tag weeks, or do I move on Rocky from Scooter...? His shoulder may go again and I'd be exposed on the bench and don't have many trades left...

First world problems as I'm ranked 44th...

Reactions: captainchardonnay

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
This article helps put Fyfe's performances into perspective. Too much upside for me to trade out. You don't loose your ability overnight and it's easy to forget this guy averaged mid 120's in '14 & '15.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/freman...g-chest-injury-for-weeks-20170613-gwpxc2.html

Read that.

What concerns me is they don't say whether he'll be good to go after the bye or if he is just going to trudge around for a few more weeks until they write their season off and then put him out for the rest of the year.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Freeman might get a game,

I don't really have any bye players ready to be culled, Lloyd could go but I make nothing from it, Scharenberg, Cousins, Greenwood not ready and then there's Eddy, I have 18 playing at this stage, going to be a tricky week... I don't want to trade Fyfe and/or M Crouch but we'll see how I feel later in the week.
In an interview I heard last week Richardson said that Freeman was still a few weeks away. He's played about 10 games straight without really starring and there is no way they'll play him in the AFL unless they are absolutely sure he is OK.
But the Freeman went out and played his best game on the w/end - after the interview.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Are people rating Lynch (GC) or Heeney higher as a trade in? The extra extra 60k for Heeney makes it tricky trading WHE/Taranto

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Are people rating Lynch (GC) or Heeney higher as a trade in? The extra extra 60k for Heeney makes it tricky trading WHE/Taranto
I've decided of Heeney over Lynch but money wasn't a big issue for me - I could afford either and still complete my team - so it was just a matter of who I thought would average more for me. I watched the most recent Swans game and I really liked what I saw from Heeney.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Ok thinking caps on

First trade is easy Taranto to Macrae. With Harbrow missing this week i only have 17 playing atm

S. Docherty, Z. Jones, N. Newman, J. Berry (J. Harbrow, T. Adams, R. Laird, H. Shaw)
P. Dangerfield, D. Beams, J. Barrett, Z. Fisher, S. Selwood (D. Myers, N. Fyfe, J. Cousins, T. Mitchell, Z. Merrett, A. Treloar)
J. Witts, T. Nankervis, (A. Sandilands)
E. Yeo, J. Macrae, L. Dahlhaus, L. Franklin, J. Steele, I. Heeney (H. Greenwood, L. Strnadica)

If i trade out Myers, move Berry to Mids, i am $8k short on Lloyd. Who do i trade out? Fyfe/Shaw?

The only other option i can see is Sandi out to Martin, nank and Strndica swap, Myers out, Steele to mids, Brown in to Fwds.
Gives me the bare 18.

S. Docherty, Z. Jones, N. Newman, J. Berry
P. Dangerfield, D. Beams, J. Barrett, Z. Fisher, J. Steele, S. Selwood
J. Witts, S. Martin
E. Yeo, J. Macrae, L. Dahlhaus, L. Franklin, T. Nankervis, I. Heeney

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Ok thinking caps on

First trade is easy Taranto to Macrae. With Harbrow missing this week i only have 17 playing atm

S. Docherty, Z. Jones, N. Newman, J. Berry (J. Harbrow, T. Adams, R. Laird, H. Shaw)
P. Dangerfield, D. Beams, J. Barrett, Z. Fisher, S. Selwood (D. Myers, N. Fyfe, J. Cousins, T. Mitchell, Z. Merrett, A. Treloar)
J. Witts, T. Nankervis, (A. Sandilands)
E. Yeo, J. Macrae, L. Dahlhaus, L. Franklin, J. Steele, I. Heeney (H. Greenwood, L. Strnadica)

If i trade out Myers, move Berry to Mids, i am $8k short on Lloyd. Who do i trade out? Fyfe/Shaw?

The only other option i can see is Sandi out to Martin, nank and Strndica swap, Myers out, Steele to mids, Brown in to Fwds.
Gives me the bare 18.

S. Docherty, Z. Jones, N. Newman, J. Berry
P. Dangerfield, D. Beams, J. Barrett, Z. Fisher, J. Steele, S. Selwood
J. Witts, S. Martin
E. Yeo, J. Macrae, L. Dahlhaus, L. Franklin, T. Nankervis, I. Heeney
This isn't the most helpful comment, but: if I was trying to get where you are going I'm not sure I'd be starting from where you are now.

Hopefully the you might get an answer gifted to you with a new rookie being selected tomorrow night. Myers down to a Mitch Hibberd or the equivalent would work.

If the selection table doesn't give you an out then Shaw to Lloyd is acceptable to avoid a donut. I think we've seen enough from Shaw to say he is very unlikely to average over 100 in the run home.

Reactions: tabs

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
This isn't the most helpful comment, but: if I was trying to get where you are going I'm not sure I'd be starting from where you are now.

Hopefully the you might get an answer gifted to you with a new rookie being selected tomorrow night. Myers down to a Mitch Hibberd or the equivalent would work.

If the selection table doesn't give you an out then Shaw to Lloyd is acceptable to avoid a donut. I think we've seen enough from Shaw to say he is very unlikely to average over 100 in the run home.
Agree, my team has been consistent with out being spectacular. 8/12 scores between 2195 and 2285.

Will use the remaining trade to upgrade current players, current ranking is with in striking distance

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
DEF: Doc, Hibberd - Melb, Tuohy, Newmann, Berry, Hibberd - Nth (Shaw, Adams)
MID: Danger, S Selwood, Merrett, Beams, JPK, Macrae, P-Pepper, Myers (Fyfe, Pendles, Cousins)
RUC: Sandi, Martin (Strnadica)
FWD: Lynch, Dahlhaus, Franklin, Roughy, Nank, Parsons (Eddy, Greenwood)
13 trades - 97K - Maybe 17 on field, awaiting teams.
Hold or Trade options

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
DEF: Adams, Hibberd, Laird, Newman, Lloyd, Shaw - Nth (Perryman, Stewart)
MID: Danger, Bont, Martin, Tmitch, Fyfe, Treloar, Sloane, Cousins, Dlloyd, Bolton, Fisher
RUC: Sandi, Grundy (Strnadica)
FWD: Lynch, Dahlhaus, macrea, Heeney, Nank, Yeo (Parsons, Greenwood)

61k struggling have 16 on field tempted to go sandi, shaw, dlloyd to Doc, Lryan and S.selwood even thou his risen stil only leaves me with 17 on just struggling for options or should i just take a donut