Round 6 Trades

Zacleonard12

Aspiring Coach
Apr 4, 2016
Pickett to Balic
Sps to fisher
Will give me 255k in my bank not that much of a war chest but will be good enough for 1 up one down next week or double upgrade to fallen premos under 500k

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
You think Pickett is worth keeping as a donut on the bench even when still having Eddy and Barrett?
Depends on how the rest of your team is looking. I need cash, so offloading the likes of Pickett, Hibberd and Eddy, even Stewart, to bring in a rookie on the bubble, is fine for future cash generation, but only gives me 50-60k right now. For 2 burned trades. Not worth it for me. Rookies come and go. I can always ditch the cheap guys down the track for another rookie if they havent played or made more cash. But right now I need premium points on field. And that needs cash.

Look at it this way. Say I bring Balic in for WHE this week. 210k profit. Then in 4-5 weeks, Balic is worth 280k, WHE is stagnating at 340k. A new 123k rookie comes along who you can't pass up. All WHE owners who have taken his 60-65ppg for another 5 weeks trade down and make 220k. I make 150k off Balic (along with the 210k I made trading earlier and putting into a premium upgrade, so essentially 360k). Yes it's cost me one more trade, we both end up with the same rookies, but it's also got me an extra premium on field 5 weeks earlier.

Zacleonard12

Aspiring Coach
Apr 4, 2016
Depends on how the rest of your team is looking. I need cash, so offloading the likes of Pickett, Hibberd and Eddy, even Stewart, to bring in a rookie on the bubble, is fine for future cash generation, but only gives me 50-60k right now. For 2 burned trades. Not worth it for me. Rookies come and go. I can always ditch the cheap guys down the track for another rookie if they havent played or made more cash. But right now I need premium points on field. And that needs cash.

Look at it this way. Say I bring Balic in for WHE this week. 210k profit. Then in 4-5 weeks, Balic is worth 280k, WHE is stagnating at 340k. A new 123k rookie comes along who you can't pass up. All WHE owners who have taken his 60-65ppg for another 5 weeks trade down and make 220k. I make 150k off Balic (along with the 210k I made trading earlier and putting into a premium upgrade, so essentially 360k). Yes it's cost me one more trade, we both end up with the same rookies, but it's also got me an extra premium on field 5 weeks earlier.
That's my current teamIMG_1213.JPG

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
What about both traded out for Balic and Fisher? Best to just do one of them?
Probably depends on the rest of your rookies. If you still have Hibberd/Barrett types and aren't getting any cash generation then it might be worth it

Reactions: Gawn Armi Witts

GMAT

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Mar 3, 2016
Is anyone rating Hardwick as a option this week? I see predominately most going prefferring Balic and Fisher.

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016

I think this is the key to this game.
I have SPP and I could hold him for another 3 weeks hoping for another 50K or trade to Fischer. The battle between going early v's holding is a tough one, given the poor $/trade ratio we have at the moment, but still decided to go early. Can't die wondering!

Reactions: Steve

Cromagnon

Patron '18
Feb 16, 2017
Melbourne
Hey guys, I'd like to either trade in Treloar this week, or Pendles next week, but can only get one of them (re: bye structure). I'm really at a loss as to which of the two to pick. I'd appreciate some advice please.

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
I need help cant decide if i should pickett taranto to balic and fisher or i could pickett to balic then trade in a franklin or hanners im torn

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Swallow & Pickett down to Balic and Fisher or
Swallow & WHE to Balic and Greene?
25 trades
My side:
DEF: Laird, Adams, Otten, Marchbank, McGrath, Hampton, Stewart
MID: Dangerfield, Fyfe, J.Kennedy, Z.Merrett, Treloar, Beams, Swallow, Powell-Pepper, Parfitt, Barrett, Pickett
RUCK: Grundy, Sandilands, Strndica
FWD: Dahlhaus, Macrae, T. Lynch (GC), Nankervis, Steele, Hoskin-Elliott, Houston, Eddy

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
Thinking one down one up as want to improve my team and make sure I win my H2H match this week.
Looking at;
SPP -> Fisher
Swallow -> Roberton (via Adams DPP)

This will bolster my DEF which is my weakest line. Roberton looks like he'll be top 6 defender, and is still pretty cheap at $488k.

Thoughts?

Edit: team below shows Fisher traded in already

Attachments

• IMG_0766.PNG
    IMG_0766.PNG
    739.1 KB · Views: 2

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Still have Hibberd, Swallow, Barrett, Pickett, Eddy, as non-playing rookies this round.
I also have WHE, Rough.
Some advice on trading out WHE or Rough, one of the non-players.
Should I get 1 of Fisher or Balic or both. Or look at going a WHE or Rough to Franklin example.
Appreciate your comments. Have 26 trades, around 150k

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I would have got Buddy in if I could've this week, he looks a great trade in, I would go WHE out over Roughy, think you have to stick with Barrett and Eddy but Pickett can go, I traded him out for Fisher.

Reactions: Prospector

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I want Buddy but with my forward line the way it is, I can't afford another bye player from that round. They share a bye with the Doggies and Saints so if you have Dahl, Macrae, Steele and Roo it's worth noting.

Reactions: Brad

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
I want Buddy but with my forward line the way it is, I can't afford another bye player from that round. They share a bye with the Doggies and Saints so if you have Dahl, Macrae, Steele and Roo it's worth noting.
I'm in the same boat I want him but will destroy my byes

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
Swallow>Sloane
SPP>Balic

1 up, 1 down, that's the trade this week.
Jut my opinion my I don't rate this trade..
Buying Sloane at top dollar?! Not worth $670k
Yes he's a great player but he's not going to average 135 a game which is what you're buying him at...
I'd much rather some value like Cripps, Bont, Treloar, Pendles, even a POD like Zerrett or Dusty in a couple of weeks...

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
Well after that performance, my pre match trading of roughead to hardwick and jom to hanners is looking good. slowly getting my team into shape.

Tips for young players, do not go on holidays over round 1 lockout

Reactions: cactus and Dino