Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
T. Lynch (GCS), Mc Carthy and Ryder are the 3 weakest in my team and i think they will all be ok. But im not after ok, I really want the value of Nank (keeper) and Witts (cash) and even Oliver as a mid price point generator and cash cow (500-360=140k). Currently $50k in bank.

Should i go:
Option 1:
Lynch > Oliver
Mc Carthy > Nank
Or
Option 2:
Lynch > Nank
Mc Carthy > Witts + $170k

I think trading Ryder is too sideways and he is actually playing well.

Cheers

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Hannebery's scores last 3 years against Collingwood:
2014: 107 (29 disposals)
2015: 100 (31 disposals)
2016: 100 (21 disposals)

on recent form you'd say he's not going to make his comeback statement this week :(

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Still not certain what to do with my rucks, I have Gawn, Sandilands and Strandica, is Witts a must have? Even at the expense of trading our Sandilands? Or better to hold?
And is it a good idea to make the move from Strandica to Preuss?
keep sandi

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Have Roughead,
1. Can get Nank and WHE at the expense of Rough and SPS.
2. Could trade SPS to WHE

Option 1
2 trades feels really aggresive, and gives it more potential to backfire. Roughead i feel will only improve if hawthorn improve. (maybe a 95 average isn't enough?) Nank could well and truly just have had a good game. First round he kicked 2 goals and only had 8 touches? But he has posted these scores against quality ruckman (grundy/kruezer)

Option 2
I cant see trading SPS to WHE being a bad trade now, since SPS isnt going to be onfield with my structure.

Overall seems like its a Nank vs Roughead for the rest of the year kinda scenario. Based on that i feel like not picking nank is worse that picking nank. Nank has higher cieling, great preseason, in a winning team. Sorta answered my own question while typing this. Hope it helps others in a similar scenario.

Reactions: Steve and cactus

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
T. Lynch (GCS), Mc Carthy and Ryder are the 3 weakest in my team and i think they will all be ok. But im not after ok, I really want the value of Nank (keeper) and Witts (cash) and even Oliver as a mid price point generator and cash cow (500-360=140k). Currently $50k in bank.

Should i go:
Option 1:
Lynch > Oliver
Mc Carthy > Nank
Or
Option 2:
Lynch > Nank

Cheers

Option 2.

Reactions: cactus

JasperBeardly

Mar 18, 2017
I don't quite have enough cash to trade an underperforming rookie up to WHE in one trade. Playing around with a few options, including accepting that I may just have to leave WHE.

1. Roughy to WHE (at F4) + 150k - similar scoring, cash in bank and price growth
2. Roughy & Strandacia to WHE (at F4) & Witts (at R3) - get better cash generating rookies but no real on field score improvement
3. Roughy & Bowes/SPS to WHE (at F4) and Swallow (at M7) A better rookie in WHE plus one less crap mid rookie on field
4. SPS & Bowes to WHE (at F5) & Butler/Houston (at F7) - Only way I get WHE and keep Roughy. Gives me one less crap rookie score on field. M8 would be one of Barrett/Pickett/Parfitt though

Any thoughts on the options above?

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017

Should i go:
Option 1:
Lynch > Oliver
Mc Carthy > Nank
Or
Option 2:
Lynch > Nank

Cheers

To be honest trading lynch would be a waste you have him in there for a reason scored bad against gws. Ryder is going alright i think if you have missed nank and witts its abit late you already have ryder as that cover. You could possibly go ryder to nank and maybe mc carthy to witts overall id just trade mc carth, just my thoughts

jathkel

Patron '19
Patron '20
May 9, 2015
Seriously thinking about Treloar to Murphy. I think Murphy will be a top 10 mid as will Treloar (had him in the pre-season until he lazed through the JLT), and with ordinary rookies this year the early $170k would give me a head start on upgrading. Cash grab for similar output. Thoughts?

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Seriously thinking about Treloar to Murphy. I think Murphy will be a top 10 mid as will Treloar (had him in the pre-season until he lazed through the JLT), and with ordinary rookies this year the early $170k would give me a head start on upgrading. Cash grab for similar output. Thoughts?
Been considering the same with Murphy but I wouldnt be culling Treloar to do it, he has too much upside. If Treloar cleans up his disposal a bit his scores will sky rocket, and Murph keeping up his 130+ average seems unlikely in that Carlton team

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Waste of 2 trades mate, if you want Smurf I'd be trying some other way.

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Howdy all
I have done the following trades:
Sandi > witts, which has allowed me
Pickett > WHE

Witts and Sandi are same same to me and Sandi is due an injury

Thoughts?

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Howdy all
I have done the following trades:
Sandi > witts, which has allowed me
Pickett > WHE

Witts and Sandi are same same to me and Sandi is due an injury

Thoughts?

To be honest mate I wouldn't waste the trade. Sandi is just a good a chance to score 100 this weekend then Witts. WHE is a must get but I'd find another way mate if you can.

Reactions: Benj and Ramjets

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
116k in the bank.

Smith to Otten
Pickett to WHE

Leaves me with 20k. I'm burning my cash a little but I really have struggled with my F5 & F6 rookies scoring 40-50's. WHE if he can snag a 70-80 I'm happy to burn 95k and 2 trades (Will get the cash back anyhow).

Reactions: Benj and Ramjets

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Thanks for the input fellas, one more question, is it a good idea to trade Taranto to WHE?

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Thanks for the input fellas, one more question, is it a good idea to trade Taranto to WHE?

No, too sideways.

To get WHE I think you need to trade out a basement priced rookie or cash out an under performing premium or midpricer.

Reactions: Ramjets

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
To be honest mate I wouldn't waste the trade. Sandi is just a good a chance to score 100 this weekend then Witts. WHE is a must get but I'd find another way mate if you can.

Yeah I hear you but the only other way for me to get WHE in is by sideways to taranto

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
No, too sideways.

To get WHE I think you need to trade out a basement priced rookie or cash out an under performing premium or midpricer.
I think the exception to this would be any Cam McCarthy owners.

Boys on the podcast didn't like the idea of this trade either. Taranto should make decent coin and if he's is your biggest problem then you probably have to let WHE go.

Audacity

Mar 21, 2017
I've dropped Roughy to WHE which has left me with 244k in the bank. However, Roughy has GC this week, he could explode so it is a bit risky. But the upside and cash gen from WHE is too good to ignore right now.
I'll be holding onto Hanners for 1-2 more rounds, if he doesn't pull his weight i'll bite the bullet then. #standbyhanners.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
I've dropped Roughy to WHE which has left me with 244k in the bank. However, Roughy has GC this week, he could explode so it is a bit risky. But the upside and cash gen from WHE is too good to ignore right now.
I'll be holding onto Hanners for 1-2 more rounds, if he doesn't pull his weight i'll bite the bullet then. #standbyhanners.
Only problem then is Hanners will be 500k and u wont be able to sideways him to another top 8 premium