Players X. vs Y. vs Z.

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
I'm bringing in WHE this round. I already have Marchbank, Otten, Hampton, Stewart, SPP, Taranto, Barrett, Witts, Butler, Eddy, Parfitt and Cameron. Likely to bring in Newman for Hibberd next week. So ...

I'm thinking of flicking Simpkin to bring in:

Nankervis - or - Houston

Can't make up my mind which. With the other rooks I have I might not need Houston? Nank could be adversely affected if Tiges bring in Soldo this week ... or Nank my tire drop off later in the year ... but if he keeps going the way he is I probably don't want him running against me ...
Definitely Nank. You seem to have most if not all the other decent rookies and the Houston decision will not make or break your season. Nank may turn out not being a make or break type either, but he's far more likely for mine. Nank should also provide stronger point generation in the early weeks of the season.

Curious as to how you're thinking of bringing in Nank and WHE. Which premium are you downgrading?

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Definitely Nank. You seem to have most if not all the other decent rookies and the Houston decision will not make or break your season. Nank may turn out not being a make or break type either, but he's far more likely for mine. Nank should also provide stronger point generation in the early weeks of the season.

Curious as to how you're thinking of bringing in Nank and WHE. Which premium are you downgrading?
Yeah, sorry to not be clear. Caddy was the one on the chopping block. I started Caddy based on an analysis of his previous scoring and never having seen that much of him play (no Foxtel). Went to the first Tiges game and was not happy with what I saw. The guy is glacially slow. Actually probably an OK in for the Tiges but I've gone pretty cold on him from a SC perspective.

So I ended up going Caddy and Simpkin to Nank and WHE ... now I just have to deal with whatever has happened to Gawn.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
So if Gawn is a trade who do I bring in:

Dusty v Bont. (Both via DPP, Witts from R3 to R2).
I can't work out Bont. I thought rounds 1 and 3 he had pretty ordinary games (for his standards). Last night he obviously did a few great things, but don't think he influenced the game massively and was a solid 100 point game. 133 was overs I thought. Makes it hard to trade him in when he seems to be scoring a lot higher than you'd expect watching the game.

Dusty going massive. Can he sustain it?

Sloane going under the radar...

All these guys will be more expensive than Gawn too....

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I can't work out Bont. I thought rounds 1 and 3 he had pretty ordinary games (for his standards). Last night he obviously did a few great things, but don't think he influenced the game massively and was a solid 100 point game. 133 was overs I thought. Makes it hard to trade him in when he seems to be scoring a lot higher than you'd expect watching the game.

Dusty going massive. Can he sustain it?

Sloane going under the radar...

All these guys will be more expensive than Gawn too....
I've got 90K in the kitty so if I need to top up by a few thousand I can in order to get the right player. If Gawn is going out I'd really like to bring in a season long keeper for him.

It is hard when it comes to being a Tiges supporter to avoid emotions getting in the way when assessing Dusty ... but having watched the Tiges games it doesn't look like he's likely to slow down too much. Looks very fit. Last quarter fade outs seem to be a thing if the past. I was worried that the amount of time forward he would see might see him score lower but ... damn, he is still getting some good midfield time AND kicking a couple per game.

Bont. Champion data love this guy. Was on -2 at quarter time this week (or something like that) ... next minute it is halfway through the third and he's on 116. If this is what happens when he's having a quiet day what is going to happen if he actually turns up?

Reactions: Steve

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I only just saw the previous post after posting mine, so same predicament. bont v sloane v dusty
Bont. As @cactus says, CD favourite. Does the things they like and so scores well from minimum possessions.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Bont. As @cactus says, CD favourite. Does the things they like and so scores well from minimum possessions.
Hi guys,

I'm trading up Jaeger to a keeper premium.

Need help: Dusty v Bont V Sloane
You can't make up points on those who already picked these guys so I'd look elsewhere. maybe look at %age ownership and try to find a player who might go on a run. Zerrett, Rocky, Selewood etc.

Reactions: doddy2731

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
You can't make up points on those who already picked these guys so I'd look elsewhere. maybe look at %age ownership and try to find a player who might go on a run. Zerrett, Rocky, Selewood etc.
I agree, lets be honest, none of Sloane, Murphy or Martin will keep up averages of 130+
They are 110-115 average players and those who jump on now are buying them at their highest price and have already missed, potentially their 3 best games of the year...
Out of all of them I'd say Martin due to his bye round and he's got a higher ceiling and the potential to average 120...

Reactions: Prospector

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I agree, lets be honest, none of Sloane, Murphy or Martin will keep up averages of 130+
They are 110-115 average players and those who jump on now are buying them at their highest price and have already missed, potentially their 3 best games of the year...
Out of all of them I'd say Martin due to his bye round and he's got a higher ceiling and the potential to average 120...
Fair points. A bit comes down to whether teams actually start tagging again or just keep letting the like of Murph and Dusty run free. Hard to predict that. I've gone with Dusty over Bont my next choice might have been Rocky. I'm hoping that at 26 and with a pretty cast iron injury record maybe Dusty doesn't drop off too much. Good bye round as you mentioned and the Tiges are supposed to have one of the best draws this year although what that means in a year when the good teams are playing badly and the bad teams are playing well is anyone's guess.