What to do

To trade mills to marchbank then either picket to hoskin elliot or ablett to danger.

• Hoskin

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Danget

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Wollee

Apr 5, 2017
Want to trade out mills to marchbank.
But then do i trade either picket or eddy out to hoskin elliot or do i trade out ablett to danger. Yes i didn't get danger. Yes i thought his price would drop. Yes i was wrong.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
But then do i trade either picket or eddy out to hoskin elliot or do i trade out ablett to danger. Yes i didn't get danger. Yes i thought his price would drop. Yes i was wrong.
Wow. Interesting poser. Very tough.

I think when it comes down to it this round you need to get the players who will generate coin in ... so I'm going to say out Mills and Pickett and in Marchbank and WHE ...

I think you are likely to be in for big pain either way you jump.

Reactions: Wollee

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
For what it's worth i really think you might be wasting 2 trades.
If you really need coin do it, but back your selections in and see how they come back.

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
His price will drop but it's the points that you loose (with the C) each week that'll hurt you.. He's just so consistent

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
If you really need coin do it, but back your selections in and see how they come back.
I disagree here fairly strongly. I reckon this round it is really important to get the best money making rookies in.

The biggest must have is Pepper in the midfield.

I think Marchbank and WHE might not be absolute must haves but look like they have very strong job security and will probably both make about 200K while providing good on field points. I would get them in if possible.

You can let one or both of WHE and Marchbank run against you if you have most of these:

Otten
Witts
Hampton
Stewart
Houston
Butler
Eddy

And have your eye on one or more of the Sydney rookies and maybe Balic from Freo in the next 2-3 weeks.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I disagree here fairly strongly. I reckon this round it is really important to get the best money making rookies in.

I think Marchbank and WHE might not be absolute must haves but look like they have very strong job security and will probably both make about 200K while providing good on field points. I would get them in if possible.

You can let one or both of WHE and Marchbank run against you if you have most of these:

Otten
Witts
Hampton
Stewart
Houston
Butler
Eddy

And have your eye on one or more of the Sydney rookies and maybe Balic from Freo in the next 2-3 weeks.

As i said at the start if you need the coin do so.
WHE for sure, but i wouldn't be trading Ablett for a full priced Danger.

Last edited:

Wollee

Apr 5, 2017
Before these trades i have 11k after doing these trades i have 106k

Wollee

Apr 5, 2017
It is the money the WHE and Marchbank should make over the next 6-8 weeks that is important more than the coin it will immediately put in your pocket.
Understand that and thats why i am looking at getting them both in so they make the cash for plus the cash now is a bonus

Reactions: cactus

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Def the WHE option.

Just out of curiosity, you said you thought Dangers price would drop. What did you think he was going to drop too?

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015

Otten
Witts
Hampton
Stewart
Houston
Butler
Eddy

i seriously dont know what is happening with the Sydney rookies going forward. Rohan, Macca, Heeney, Papley all due back with in the next 4 weeks

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
Justbkeep in the back of you mind the total on field points too.
Great to get money for upgades, but you don't want to be giving up to many points either.
Agree with this. Sufficient cash generation should happen naturally enough so long as you have the majority of the rookies already mentioned here. There's always enough decent rookies that pop up throughout the year to upgrade to a full premium team.

WHE may well get you to a full premium team quicker, but it could be at a cost of overall rank due to the significant points lost not having Danger as captain week in week out.

For what it's worth and without knowing the rest of your team, I would probably hold Ablett and bring in WHE, so long as you have a couple of reliable captain options. Any of Pendles, Rocky, Gawn for example.

Reactions: Wollee and cactus

Wollee

Apr 5, 2017
Agree with this. Sufficient cash generation should happen naturally enough so long as you have the majority of the rookies already mentioned here. There's always enough decent rookies that pop up throughout the year to upgrade to a full premium team.

WHE may well get you to a full premium team quicker, but it could be at a cost of overall rank due to the significant points lost not having Danger as captain week in week out.

For what it's worth and without knowing the rest of your team, I would probably hold Ablett and bring in WHE, so long as you have a couple of reliable captain options. Any of Pendles, Rocky, Gawn for example.
Have pendels selwood fyfe and gawn.
Was thinking of going to danger cause of possible points lost without him.

Wollee

Apr 5, 2017
Def the WHE option.

Just out of curiosity, you said you thought Dangers price would drop. What did you think he was going to drop too?
716k is a high price to uphold.
Was hoping a bad game or two say a couple of 80's may of seen him drop 100k.

Wollee

Apr 5, 2017

Hope this worked.

Wollee

Apr 5, 2017

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170405-211936.png
    Screenshot_20170405-211936.png
    912.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20170405-211945.png
    Screenshot_20170405-211945.png
    1 MB · Views: 7

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Looks a strong team. If Danger does have a couple of down games and you can get him in five or six weeks weeks time you'd be flying.

Reactions: Wollee

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Hi all,
119k left. Don't have Butler, Housten, WHE, Stewart
Really need some advice. Hibberd and JSmith are not playing and H-Smith I think misses one week. Barrett and Pickett still to be named.
DEF: Shaw, Tuohy, Adams, March, Otten, Hampton (Hibberd, J Smith)
MID: Pendles, JPK, Danger, Fyfe, Beams, O'Meara, Swallow, P-Pepper (Barrett, Pickett, H-Smith)
RUC: Gawn, Sandi (Strndeca)
FWD: Dahl, Macrae, Rough, Nank, Eddy, Taranto (Parfitt, Hannan)