Round 3 Trades

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Might as well open it up. Florent and Taranto out for Hoskin-Elliott and Houston.

Leaves a level of insecurity at D7 and D8. Is there any defenders that are worth looking at other than Hampton, Otten, Marchbank and Stewart that I'm not seeing?

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Might as well open it up. Florent and Taranto out for Hoskin-Elliott and Houston.

Leaves a level of insecurity at D7 and D8. Is there any defenders that are worth looking at other than Hampton, Otten, Marchbank and Stewart that I'm not seeing?
Newman will be on the bubble after one more round and he played well. If it looks like Hibberd won't break back into the team for North then I'll probably do this as a correction next week.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Trading J.Smith to WHE through DPP... will also wait to see how Newman does next week and probably trade Hibberd to him

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
As I posted in the other thread possible outs for me are Caddy and Simpkin in order to get in WHE and / or Houston.

Plenty of risk in the plan. Houston could easily be forced out at Port and Simpkin probably only needs to fluke on good game to make it a poor trade in terms of money made ... but now is the time to get the best moneymakers into the side so I reckon I'm pretty likely to pull the trigger.

HoneyBadger

Patron '16
Patron '19
Feb 16, 2016
Hartlett and Pittard are coming back so we'll know Thurs night if Houston is best 22.

IMHO Simpkin will be rested for Wood/Anderson/Clarke/EVW.

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
Ok anyone else have Dan Hannebery? Pull the trigger? His BE is 233 . Thinking of trading him to the Bont - safe enough trade?
Bulldogs looking strong this year, think he will ave 115+ not expecting 140 every week but should be better than Hanners!!
(Don't want to make same mistake as last year- J Waite )

Reactions: Tandy

Audacity

Mar 21, 2017
Trading J.Smith to Newman in the backline. Sydney down McVeigh and Rampe so he should have some JS for now.

Trying to weigh up if it is worth burning a trade for WHE in the forward line to get the money bump.The next burning question is what to do with Hanners!! 600k and pumping 70's...killing me slowly.

Am i better off holding on Newman, and trying to workout a trade for WHE and Hanners?

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Ok anyone else have Dan Hannebery? Pull the trigger? His BE is 233 . Thinking of trading him to the Bont - safe enough trade?
Bulldogs looking strong this year, think he will ave 115+ not expecting 140 every week but should be better than Hanners!!

Hannebery to Bont looks good to me.

I'm looking at Hannebery to Murphy as it allows me to trade Pickett to Hoskin-Elliott.

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
I think if you're going to move on Hannebery you'd want to do it because you will make $50-$100k in doing so which will allow you to make some positive upgrades elsewhere. And then if/when he comes good, you can pick him back up at a nice discount.

I want to believe that he will score 120 this week and be back to his best and then I'll have saved myself a trade but watching him on Friday night it was like he'd forgotten how to play football. Constantly in the wrong/bad positions to receive the ball and not running to the right areas or hard enough. Looks a lot lighter framed this year too which can work for some players but not others.

That being said his raw stats don't read too horribly, 19 possessions, 7 tackles. Couple more contested, and a mark and goal and he probably tons up.

Still undecided what I'll do..

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
I think if you're going to move on Hannebery you'd want to do it because you will make $50-$100k in doing so which will allow you to make some positive upgrades elsewhere. And then if/when he comes good, you can pick him back up at a nice discount.

I want to believe that he will score 120 this week and be back to his best and then I'll have saved myself a trade but watching him on Friday night it was like he'd forgotten how to play football. Constantly in the wrong/bad positions to receive the ball and not running to the right areas or hard enough. Looks a lot lighter framed this year too which can work for some players but not others.

That being said his raw stats don't read too horribly, 19 possessions, 7 tackles. Couple more contested, and a mark and goal and he probably tons up.

Still undecided what I'll do..

Yeah I am undecided too- Thinking I will go with the trade- at the moment Hannebery is a POD for the wrong the reasons. they do play Collingwood - he could get 120+

Reactions: Shinboner

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
I'm looking at Hannebery to Murphy as it allows me to trade Pickett to Hoskin-Elliott.

Considering a similar move myself. Hannebery to Murphy and J. Smith to WHE via DPP. I think the value of this move is more about getting in WHE rather than moving on Hannebery. So the question for mine, is WHE a must have correction trade?

Saw a heatmap comparison of Hannebery in Round 1 vs Round 2 on Twitter (can't seem to locate anymore) that indicated he moved from a wing to his more traditional role on the weekend. Suggests to me that perhaps Hannebery carried a niggle of some sort into the season and is being eased back in. Surely, he'll return to his old ways?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Considering a similar move myself. Hannebery to Murphy and J. Smith to WHE via DPP. I think the value of this move is more about getting in WHE rather than moving on Hannebery. So the question for mine, is WHE a must have correction trade?

Saw a heatmap comparison of Hannebery in Round 1 vs Round 2 on Twitter (can't seem to locate anymore) that indicated he moved from a wing to his more traditional role on the weekend. Suggests to me that perhaps Hannebery carried a niggle of some sort into the season and is being eased back in. Surely, he'll return to his old ways?
WHE looks to be a must have. Floating between wing and half forward means he should be good for 20 touches and a goal or two a week. Very SC friendly role and at that price should make us a good 200k or at best case, end up an F6 keeper.

I'm moving Hanners on as well, partly to bring WHE in. I'm keen on Murphy but I'm really interested in bringing Higgins into my forwards (via Taranto). My forward line would read :

Dahlhaus, Macrae, Higgins, Roughead, Nankervis, WHE (Hannan, Eddy)

With a bit of luck, that could even end up a finalised forward line. It leaves me with Swallow at M6, with Taranto and SPP on field but I think I can handle that for now. There looks like being sone absolute steals in the midfield in 4 or 5 weeks time, that'll be a good chance to get some more points in the mids.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Unsure what to do this week thus might need some help from the community.

Only realistic trade out option to inject $ into my ~50K bank would be Ryder.

Option 1: No trades and wait for more info.

2: Straight trade Ryder to a mid to low 400K type like Murphy or Higgins.

3: Split Ryder's $ into 2 players getting WHE and allowing Joel Smith > Marchbank.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Unsure what to do this week thus might need some help from the community.

Only realistic trade out option to inject $ into my ~50K bank would be Ryder.

Option 1: No trades and wait for more info.

2: Straight trade Ryder to a mid to low 400K type like Murphy or Higgins.

3: Split Ryder's $ into 2 players getting WHE and allowing Joel Smith > Marchbank.
I don't mind option 3. Obviously better to have started with Marchbank and WHE but if you've missed them it seems like a pretty fair correction. Should both make enough coin to be seen as successful trades and having their points on field is likely to be pretty handy.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Who has the better JS - Houston or Butler?
As mentioned above if Houston survive Pittard and Hartlett coming back he should be a pretty good pick.

I reckon Butler should be good for a couple more games and probably more. He's been around a couple of years so he's not a kid. Fits the Tiges new game style perfectly. Fit, gets up the ground more than I was expecting. The only players who are competing for his possie are Stengle (might need an upgrade?) and Bolton (stick thin, currently suspended, might get games but he's just doing OK, not knocking down the door).

Reactions: moosey and gatorboy

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
I'm not 100% sure if I need to make a corrective trade this week or not. Trade out options are Smith, McCarthy, Taranto or Pickett. Smith probably goes for Newman next week unless I lose another defender in which case I'll get him this week to avoid a donut. McCarthy hasn't scored well but he is a warm body on the pine and I can't see him getting dropped. Taranto has scored well enough to see a price rise and I feel his JS is good for at least another 5 weeks and Pickett will probably play every game with Carlton looking to the future but he looks kinda lost out there at times.

The only rookies I dont have that I would consider are Hannan (iffy js/round 1 fluke?), Butler (still not convinced his isn't a Kamdyn Mcintosh/Connor Menadue), Houston (js??), Mcgrath (would be good for a Hibberd DPP but Woosha has already said he will be managed, very risky price all things considered, Berry could be a better option in coming weeks).... At this stage Pickett for Butler/Houston/Hannan looks the best chance

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
I'm seriously considering holding my trades - this is my team at the moment, please advise if you think there is a trade or two worth while..

Shaw, Doc, Adams, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton - Stewart, Hibberd
Dangerfield, Pendles, Fyfe, Beams, Treloar, O'Meara, Swallow, SPP - Barrett, Pickett, Parfitt
Gawn, Sandi - Strnadica
Dahlhaus, Macrae, Nank, WHE, Steele, Taranto - Hannan, Eddy

There are no alarm bells on any line, all the premos look like solid selections.
The only trade options that have crossed my mind over the past 24 hrs are
Steele --> Higgins
Taranto --> Butler/Houston

But they are sideways at best as I think Higgins and Steele across the year average similar (Higgins 95-100 Vs Steele 85-90) and Taranto averages 10 points more a game compared to Houston/Butler

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'm seriously considering holding my trades - this is my team at the moment, please advise if you think there is a trade or two worth while..

Shaw, Doc, Adams, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton - Stewart, Hibberd
Dangerfield, Pendles, Fyfe, Beams, Treloar, O'Meara, Swallow, SPP - Barrett, Pickett, Parfitt
Gawn, Sandi - Strnadica
Dahlhaus, Macrae, Nank, WHE, Steele, Taranto - Hannan, Eddy

There are no alarm bells on any line, all the premos look like solid selections.
The only trade options that have crossed my mind over the past 24 hrs are
Steele --> Higgins
Taranto --> Butler/Houston

But they are sideways at best as I think Higgins and Steele across the year average similar (Higgins 95-100 Vs Steele 85-90) and Taranto averages 10 points more a game compared to Houston/Butler
Yeah you've got all the right rookies and would just be trading for the sake of it. Maybe Hibberd to Newman next week but other than that I think you're all good.

Reactions: Darcy and cactus

clint Stott

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 6, 2016
safe trade.