2017 Ruck Cover

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
So turns out Gawn, Martin & Hickey all solo rucks.

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
Think I'm going to go with Gawn or Goldie instead of Sandi, makes me feel better about taking Witts and I can't find room for another mid prem and already have 3 in def and running 2-2 in forward line so I think that makes the most sense.

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
Anyone still willing to go with Goldie now that Pruess is likely to be named.
Not going him myself as I think there's value in the ruck this year.

I wouldn't worry about it too much if you go with Goldstein, probably more of a worry that north won't win many games and that may impact Goldstein more than the inclusion of Pruess. But Ben Brown will come in next week and Daw or Pruess will be dropped because I can't see them playing 2 Rucks and 2 Ruck/Fwds.. So just go with your gut, Rucks are definitely the hardest line to pick this season.

Reactions: Christo Newman
Feb 27, 2016
Not going him myself as I think there's value in the ruck this year.

I wouldn't worry about it too much if you go with Goldstein, probably more of a worry that north won't win many games and that may impact Goldstein more than the inclusion of Pruess. But Ben Brown will come in next week and Daw or Pruess will be dropped because I can't see them playing 2 Rucks and 2 Ruck/Fwds.. So just go with your gut, Rucks are definitely the hardest line to pick this season.

True especially with some good ruc/fwd options on offer to us. It's the best good time to take the value. Only worry is when Currie played 2014 Goldie he only averaged 87.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I can't decide.... I want to pick Gawn, Sandi and Witts but can only pick 2. At the moment I have all 3 because I can't decide between them o_O

Reactions: tiltraise

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I can't decide.... I want to pick Gawn, Sandi and Witts but can only pick 2. At the moment I have all 3 because I can't decide between them o_O

Why not have all three? put Witte on the bench and just watch him generate cash like any other rookie. would certainly make more than McGrath

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Why not have all three? put Witte on the bench and just watch him generate cash like any other rookie. would certainly make more than McGrath
That's the final decision. I looked at where I could spend that $100k elsewhere and couldn't find anywhere. Means I have no loophole, but I'm sure a rookie will get dumped soon enough

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
That's the final decision. I looked at where I could spend that $100k elsewhere and couldn't find anywhere. Means I have no loophole, but I'm sure a rookie will get dumped soon enough
Careful though, if you have Nank in the forward line as cover for Sandilands then having Witts on the bench won't give you that cover.

Common sense but I'm sure someone will end up doing it

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Yeah. This is what I ended up with. Gawn/Sandi/Witts. Witts looking good enough to have started on field so far but oh well ... cover for Sandi and the should both make good dollars.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Started with SandiWitts with Nank in the fwds.
So far so good.

Reactions: cactus

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
Yeah. This is what I ended up with. Gawn/Sandi/Witts. Witts looking good enough to have started on field so far but oh well ... cover for Sandi and the should both make good dollars.

I went for Martian\Sandi\Witts. perhaps should have gone Gawn\Sandi|\Witts but this is a 23 round marathon if I don't fall to far behind I should be right.