2017 Rookies

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
Kangaroos named Preuss, Mountford, Hibberd, Simpkin, Hrovat, Marley Williams as debutants for Sunday.

No Ed "What-chu-talkin-bout" Vickers-Willis!

Oh, and RIP Goldstein.

I don't get the worry on Goldy due to the inclusion of Preuss. Maybe I'm missing something but Goldy, Brown, Daw & Petrie last year is no different then Goldy, Brown, Daw & Preuss this season. Preuss just fills the forward role Petire had and Goldy continues with his business doesn't he?

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Should we be picking SPS just on job security, he is oviously rated highly, and i don't think there will be much pressure on his spot.
I have brought him in at the expense of Mccarthy in my fwd line, I believe they have similar JS but SPS with the better scoring potential

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Rest easy, everyone - Barrett has been upgraded (according to Patrick Keane on twitter).

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Kangaroos named Preuss, Mountford, Hibberd, Simpkin, Hrovat, Marley Williams as debutants for Sunday.

No Ed "What-chu-talkin-bout" Vickers-Willis!

Oh, and RIP Goldstein.

First backline casualty in EVW for those rocking a 2-0-6 structure

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Mountford? What's his js like? To be honest, I can't recall ever hearing his name.
JS would appear to be OK until Jacobs returns as Scott was talking him up as a tagger.

Reactions: Ramjets

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
I have brought him in at the expense of Mccarthy in my fwd line, I believe they have similar JS but SPS with the better scoring potential
for me it is SPS vs Kayne Turner i guess. Thoughts

Ramjets

Patron '20
Feb 5, 2016
Any news on Griffin Logue's chances? Considering downgrading Marchbank to Logue to free some cash.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
I don't get the worry on Goldy due to the inclusion of Preuss. Maybe I'm missing something but Goldy, Brown, Daw & Petrie last year is no different then Goldy, Brown, Daw & Preuss this season. Preuss just fills the forward role Petire had and Goldy continues with his business doesn't he?

Roos cant play Goldy, Brown Daw + Pruess in the same team way too top heavy. Petrie is more mobile than Pruess and even then I didnt like it.

Without knowing anything Id assume Daw hasnt been selected or perhaps Brown pulled up sore after his VFL prac match last week.

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
Given that Goldstein averaged 128 in 2015 and 108 in 2016 I'd say it affected him quite a bit. 20 points per game in fact.

But yes, he should score similarly to 2016.

Feb 27, 2016
Definitely not, Cash generation out of rookies is much more important than a score.
Back your on-field rookie too match it or come close.

Didn't trust having Butler on field. But true that cash going to come in handy when time to upgrade. Especially with Pickett looking like being an extremely slow burn....

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
Didn't trust having Butler on field. But true that cash going to come in handy when time to upgrade. Especially with Pickett looking like being an extremely slow burn....
I didn't trust him at all and didn't pick him, just before the game started I was tossing up between Parfitt and Butler too!

I think Pickett just had a nervous start. Came into the game after half time, and did some good things! Small forwards are like that though always going up and down. at least he wasn't as bad as Armfield for Carlton and should keep his spot.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
anyone got any info on mitch hannan, and if andy otten is named, him or joel smith