Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I've had SandiWitts for the past week and don't mind how it looks. I have both Ryder and Nank up forward as potential forward keepers with Strndica at R3 to provide the cover.

I want Gawn, but Sandi and Witts are such value and with the need for cash savings it just works so much better. Both could make over $200k easily and an easy swap to Gawn or Goldy after a quiet game or two might not be so hard.

Reactions: the cranky one
Feb 27, 2016
I've had SandiWitts for the past week and don't mind how it looks. I have both Ryder and Nank up forward as potential forward keepers with Strndica at R3 to provide the cover.

I want Gawn, but Sandi and Witts are such value and with the need for cash savings it just works so much better. Both could make over $200k easily and an easy swap to Gawn or Goldy after a quiet game or two might not be so hard.

Yeah was thinking of rolling with the same ruck structure.

However both Ryder & Nankervis is probably a bit of an overkill. Really tempted to run with Nankervis especially as he looks clear solo ruck at Richmond.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Yeah was thinking of rolling with the same ruck structure.

However both Ryder & Nankervis is probably a bit of an overkill. Really tempted to run with Nankervis especially as he looks clear solo ruck at Richmond.
I actually have Ryder and Nank as forwards, regardless of their R/F status. Nank is still up in the air as I think he might only average 85 and I'm considering Steele instead. But Ryder was one of my first picked as I think he will be a top 6 forward provided Hinkley doesn't do anything stupid like picking Lobbe.

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I actually have Ryder and Nank as forwards, regardless of their R/F status. Nank is still up in the air as I think he might only average 85 and I'm considering Steele instead. But Ryder was one of my first picked as I think he will be a top 6 forward provided Hinkley doesn't do anything stupid like picking Lobbe.
Could pay off. Paddy hasn't played many full seasons though.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Could pay off. Paddy hasn't played many full seasons though.
People say that.

In the last 5 seasons Ryder's played 70 games (which includes his suspended 2016), excluding his 2016 year he's played 20 games in 6 of his 9 seasons and the least he's played is 15 games in a season.

Over the last 5 years Fyfe has played 71 games and in fact has only played 20 games in a season once in his 7 season career.

Yet Fyfe is a "lock" while Ryder "misses too many games".

Reactions: the cranky one

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
People say that.

In the last 5 seasons Ryder's played 70 games (which includes his suspended 2016), excluding his 2016 year he's played 20 games in 6 of his 9 seasons and the least he's played is 15 games in a season.

Over the last 5 years Fyfe has played 71 games and in fact has only played 20 games in a season once in his 7 season career.

Ryder isn't a brownlow medalist mate

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
People say that.

Yes, however Fyfe is capable of averaging 120+ Ryder is a 90-95 average IF he plays no1 ruck. Risk vs reward I'm happy burning a trade of Fyfe after 10rds after reaping the awards of some big SC tonnes...

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Main reason I'm not starting Ryder is his bye, don't think he's a bad pick but don't like the extra loss of 50 points or so

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Main reason I'm not starting Ryder is his bye, don't think he's a bad pick but don't like the extra loss of 50 points or so
This is a bit my thinking as well. If you decide he's looking fit and playing well as a single ruck after the bye you can bring him in then. Yes it will probably cost you a bit more but his prices is unlikely to go really high I'd have thought.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I guess the other thought is that hi might save you 50 points twice before the bye if Sandi doesn't get on a couple of planes.

Feb 27, 2016

Hinkley still didn't have confidence with Lobbe in the ruck even when he had no one else to choose from. Wouldn't be too worried with that. Although stranger things have happened...

If Ryder is sole ruck can't see why he can't average 90+. The big unknown is how a year out will affect him. At his price he would need to produce at least top 6 FWD numbers.

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
If you select Witts can you have him at R3 or is the fact there's likely to be so many other rookie options be it Preuss, Cameron or Strndica a turn off? Basically he has to be your R2 or not at all.