2017 Rate My Team

Audacity

Mar 21, 2017
Hi All,

First time poster, Fan of the podcasts. Some really good insight and really changed my focus on the choices and structure.
Here is my team so far.
upload_2017-3-21_13-26-30.png

I've gone with 6 rookies at the back and the Sandi-Nans pivot.Still got 86k in the bank.
Any suggestions or criticism fire away.

Cheers!

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Hi All,

First time poster, Fan of the podcasts. Some really good insight and really changed my focus on the choices and structure.
Here is my team so far.
View attachment 739

I've gone with 6 rookies at the back and the Sandi-Nans pivot.Still got 86k in the bank.

Cheers!

Pretty solid squad there mate.

Back structure is with the main stream. I am not sure on having Laird and Adams as Laird has missed 12 games in the past 3 seasons, ranking him equal 16th (along with Taylor Adams) for durability out of the top 20 defenders during this period.
This increases your risk profile.

Mids - I like the Zerret selection

Rucks solid/standard

Fwds are solid but not sure on the Mcarthy selection - You could drop WHE down to a black/Butler and move Cam up to Roughy.

Audacity

Mar 21, 2017
Pretty solid squad there mate.

Back structure is with the main stream. I am not sure on having Laird and Adams as Laird has missed 12 games in the past 3 seasons, ranking him equal 16th (along with Taylor Adams) for durability out of the top 20 defenders during this period.
This increases your risk profile.

Mids - I like the Zerret selection

Rucks solid/standard

Fwds are solid but not sure on the Mcarthy selection - You could drop WHE down to a black/Butler and move Cam up to Roughy.

Great tip on the Roughy upgrade from Mcarthy.

Durability not too great for Adams/Laird. Decided to go for the solid Doc and smokey Williams.

Chewbacca511

Feb 27, 2017
Hey guys, tell me what you think.
Not too sure whether I will stick with Simpson or Doc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170321-164919.png
    Screenshot_20170321-164919.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 41

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Hey guys, tell me what you think.
Not too sure whether I will stick with Simpson or Doc.
Looks solid. From what I've seen of Parfitt I think he worth a spot on field. Dan Houston is a bit of a worry. Great disposal stats but how many half backs have Port got coming back in the next few weeks?

Chewbacca511

Feb 27, 2017
Looks solid. From what I've seen of Parfitt I think he worth a spot on field. Dan Houston is a bit of a worry. Great disposal stats but how many half backs have Port got coming back in the next few weeks?

Thanks for your feedback. Yeah Parfitt will likely replace Houston on field and that is if I don't take Florent over him too.

Reactions: cactus

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Hey everyone. Good luck to all again.

So after a lot of deliberating I think I'm finally set on my structure and happy with this side. I'm taking the risk in the ruck this year. I've been reluctant to do so in the past and decided to go Set and Forget but I think there's real value here. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have 6k left.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 7.59.26 am.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 7.59.26 am.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 43

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Nothing like what I usually do but I love it, supercoach is going to be really fun this year, everyones teams have some interesting picks... Really think Higgins will be a top 6 forward, sending myself back to 2015 having Higgo, Goldy, Shaw, Danger, Fyfe, Selwood(bad pick that year), Hanners... A lot of people had Steele that year too

Screenshot_15.png

gatorboy

Mar 22, 2017
Hey fellas, complete newbie here. I've had a look through most topics in this forum, but still fairly clueless :)

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• afl r1 draft.png
    afl r1 draft.png
    554.4 KB · Views: 29
Jun 9, 2015
Hey fellas, complete newbie here. I've had a look through most topics in this forum, but still fairly clueless :)

Solid team! Zak Jones a nice POD.
I like the Cripps selection. I have him too.
Kelly is a funny one though. Do you think he can be a top 15 mid by year's end? If not, you're going to have to upgrade him at some point. Very tempting after his JLT scores, but am wary of players returning throughout the year and impacting his scoring. Having him, Jaeger and Swallow is risky in my opinion.
I'd consider having one of Witts or Sandi paired with Grundy if you already have Nankervis in your FWD line. Strndica on the bench could be a good option to open up the dual position...

Reactions: gatorboy
Jun 9, 2015
Bit risky with Witts at R2 but like what it allows me to do. Going to back my gut with Oliver and hopefully have some fun watching him go large a few times.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• SC screenshot.jpg
    SC screenshot.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

just kev

Mar 22, 2017
Hi all.
I have just joined up to the supercoach forum.
This is my 1st time on a forum, but my 4th time doing Supercoach.

I have a question for the advanced and experts of the game.
It is to do with obtaining maximum projected score for round 1.
I have been tweaking my team and I cannot get more than 1790 for my projected score in round 1.
In past years of playing Supercoach, I have seen people get 2100 or more after completion of round 1.
So I am wondering if there is a method to getting those types of scores.
Thanks.
(My final team selection photo attached)

Attachments

• 2017 starting team 01.jpg
    2017 starting team 01.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 19
Jun 9, 2015
Hi all.

I have been tweaking my team and I cannot get more than 1790 for my projected score in round 1.
In past years of playing Supercoach, I have seen people get 2100 or more after completion of round 1.
Thanks.
(My final team selection in pic)

Projected scores mean jack all at this time of year. Rookies and anyone who has been out of the game for a while will have very low projected scores. For example, Beams is projecting 74. Don't take any notice and you'll be fine!

Re your team, don't get too seduced by JLT scores! Most times they will not translate to the real deal. Gaff and Atkins are pretty dicey selections. I'd bring another rookie on field down back for one of your midpricers and try and get a couple more genuine mids on field.

gatorboy

Mar 22, 2017
Solid team! Zak Jones a nice POD.
I like the Cripps selection. I have him too.
Kelly is a funny one though. Do you think he can be a top 15 mid by year's end? If not, you're going to have to upgrade him at some point. Very tempting after his JLT scores, but am wary of players returning throughout the year and impacting his scoring. Having him, Jaeger and Swallow is risky in my opinion.
I'd consider having one of Witts or Sandi paired with Grundy if you already have Nankervis in your FWD line. Strndica on the bench could be a good option to open up the dual position...

Thanks mate!

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015

Yeh nice team I like it I'd prob go Kelly to beams just for a value and up turner to whe

Reactions: gatorboy

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Hi all.

Thanks.
(My final team selection photo attached)
Bit light on it the mids if u ask me but that's just me

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Hi All,

Here is my team so far.
View attachment 739

Cheers!

Rock solid team this, see very little faults again with above poster that McCarthy probably isn't worth it WHE is a similar boat personally not going with either & would advise to only go with one (all personal pref though), Turner, Florent, Parfitt options

blake88

Mar 22, 2017
Hi guys!!
Need a bit of advice.
Team A ( team with Gawn) or Team B ( team with Grundy)?
Also any advice on either team would be great!
Im leaning towards Team B, but have my concerns about the rucks and forwards
Cheers!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 8.12.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 8.12.38 PM.png
    638.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 8.20.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 8.20.01 PM.png
    592.3 KB · Views: 13