Players X. vs Y. vs Z.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I don't see him as a top 6-8 F or a top 2-3 ruck. Just a mid pricer that would need upgrading. Would rather have his spot given to a rookie. Don't mind me though. Just thinking out loud. Will probably follow the herd to potentially avoid getting left behind.
I don't see him as a top 2-3 ruck. Potentially a top 5-10 forward. But can he keep solo rucking all year? You've got to back your gut feel in situations like this though. Nothing worse than picking someone you didn't - Lumumba - want to pick in the first place and have them turn out to be a bust.

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
How about Lynch Laird Taranto
Don't have the cash for that unfortunately!

I have the last 3, also have Turner
I like the combination of Doc and Shaw, but with Shaw I can't have lynch up forward but we can't all have nice things!
Higgins I'm unsure about but think he's definitely going to get more mid time with Wells and Dal santos departures, big risk/reward option this year.

Decisions decisions!

GeneralHodge

Feb 22, 2017
Don't have the cash for that unfortunately!

I like the combination of Doc and Shaw, but with Shaw I can't have lynch up forward but we can't all have nice things!
Higgins I'm unsure about but think he's definitely going to get more mid time with Wells and Dal santos departures, big risk/reward option this year.

Decisions decisions!
I think Lynch Laird and Shaw are all good picks. Take the option that gives you 2 of them instead of just the one.

Reactions: brenna

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
I'm basically down to this -

Jaegar (M7), D.Swallow (M8), Taranto (F5) + Rookie on field in forward line at F6 ($125k or less) Miles?
or
Jaegar (M7), Powell Pepper (M8), Jack Steele (F5) + Rookie on field in forward line at F6 ($144k or less) Miles?
or
D.Swallow (M7), Powell Pepper (M8) on field, Jack Steele (F5) + Rookie on field in forward line at F6($182k or less) Turner?

Hope that makes sense.... Basically comes down to who I want in M7, M8, F5, F6. Leaning toward option 2 or 3 and just picking one of Jaegar or Swallow and using that cash to go Steele at F5.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Butler has no real pedigree, stinks a bit of Menadue.
Ugh. Don't remind me. I was thinking he reminded me a bit of Jay Kennedy-Harris (was that his name?) the Melbourne forward pocket. I kind of agree but Carlton are going to get belted this year so home much opportunity is Pickett going to get? He may freeze to death sitting in Carlton's forward line with nothin to do ...

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I'm basically down to this -

Jaegar (M7), D.Swallow (M8), Taranto (F5) + Rookie on field in forward line at F6 ($125k or less) Miles?
or
Jaegar (M7), Powell Pepper (M8), Jack Steele (F5) + Rookie on field in forward line at F6 ($144k or less) Miles?
or
D.Swallow (M7), Powell Pepper (M8) on field, Jack Steele (F5) + Rookie on field in forward line at F6($182k or less) Turner?

Hope that makes sense.... Basically comes down to who I want in M7, M8, F5, F6. Leaning toward option 2 or 3 and just picking one of Jaegar or Swallow and using that cash to go Steele at F5.
Option 1 for me. With Parfitt (as long as selected) on field instead of Miles.

Reactions: RichardC89

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Goldstein (R1) and Pickett (F7) - meaning Parfitt is F5 and Eddy F6

or

Buddy (F2) and Witts (R2) - Parfitt is F6 and Eddy bench cover

In both cases I have Cameron R3 and no other ruck cover (I also have Sandi in both scenarios).

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Might be a silly question but

Marchbank (+40K) Vs Swallow

No way is that a mad quecky, Tevez. Personally I've kind of gone off both of them in the last week. Even so, I see I still have Marchbank.

For me, the Swallow risk is more than I want to take in the mid this year. I hope this is the year of the "risky rucks". I'm going SandiWitts, and thinking that should mean I ought to try to minimise other risks. Not especially in love with Marchbank's price, but I will need playing back rookies.

GeneralHodge

Feb 22, 2017
Finally have my team settled. Stress levels lower. Just one more little decision but not too worried about it as I think both will be thereabouts at seasons end. Macrae or Lynch?

Reactions: Prospector