Players X. vs Y. vs Z.

GeneralHodge

Feb 22, 2017
Would obviously pick doc and macrae if you could. I'd go for the one that doesn't have greene.

Really want jpk but budget only allows for Jelwood. Am I being picky. Tell me he won't burn me again.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Would obviously pick doc and macrae if you could. I'd go for the one that doesn't have greene.

Really want jpk but budget only allows for Jelwood. Am I being picky. Tell me he won't burn me again.
I've got the money to go either and I've picked Jelwood by choice. I think if you sit down and look at their records Jelwood is the better SC player, at least so far.

Did you see Jelwood's hand last year? It was broken or had something seriously wrong with it but he played through and ended the season averaging 112 from 22.

The problem with JPK so far at least is that when Sydney has an easy game JPK has a holiday and takes it easy. That may very well chance this year now he's captain and the league is looking a bit more even - so Sydney may need to fight for every win - but it might not.

Reactions: GeneralHodge

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Jelwood is a huge POD at this stage. Maybe not in the SCC community but at large... I think hes only at 5% ownership or something. For his elite consistency its insane that he hasn't been bought into more heavily.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Jelwood is a huge POD at this stage. Maybe not in the SCC community but at large... I think hes only at 5% ownership or something. For his elite consistency its insane that he hasn't been bought into more heavily.

Yep it's crazy.
I'm happy to have both him and Tich in the middle, 5 & 10% respectively.

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
For me it was a toss up between Selwood and Treloar and at the moment I have Treloar

Reactions: Prospector

GeneralHodge

Feb 22, 2017
Bont or Selwood is my debate going on in my head for my team
The Dogs are an awesome team but arn't you a little worried that now every team will be coming hard at you guys from now on. You will be hunted and if I was coach of another team Bont would be the first player I try to lock down.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Selwood and Danger are the two full priced mids who haven't left my team. I've got space for one more before Fyfe at F4. Pendles, Treloar, Hanners in serious consideration. Rocky and Cotchin in less serious consideration. Likely to play it safe and go Pendles. A lot of good judges seem to be going Treloar and he probably is the right choice but his crappy disposal annoys me. I'm tempted by Hanners because he is off the booze and I have this crazy idea that that kind of commitment may be just what it takes for a career best year ...

Reactions: TomCat and Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Selwood and Danger are the two full priced mids who haven't left my team. I've got space for one more before Fyfe at F4. Pendles, Treloar, Hanners in serious consideration. Rocky and Cotchin in less serious consideration. Likely to play it safe and go Pendles. A lot of good judges seem to be going Treloar and he probably is the right choice but his crappy disposal annoys me. I'm tempted by Hanners because he is off the booze and I have this crazy idea that that kind of commitment may be just what it takes for a career best year ...
My team is pretty much set but I'm switching between Hanners and Treloar every other day. Hanners has been good to me over the years but Treloar looks like the next top 4 mid to me. Tough call to make.

Reactions: cactus

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
My team is pretty much set but I'm switching between Hanners and Treloar every other day. Hanners has been good to me over the years but Treloar looks like the next top 4 mid to me. Tough call to make.
Need both, but you can't have 'em all!

Reactions: cactus and Steve

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
Gawn Taranto or Grundy Nank?
Think Melbourne will decide that for you, unfortunately the club seems very keen on playing Spencer and Gawn together.

Second option would also depend on who's at your R2 and if you need Nank as cover.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Agree with spencer. Seriously unconvinced with nank. Why does every lone rate him.
Well I can see why he is in the discussion. If he scored 91+ and saves you from at least 1 ruck donut he's a good pick at his price. And that sort of return doesn't seem outlandish. Plus it looks a weak year for forwards this year. Similar age to Grundy. Even if Nank hits a wall good chance that he makes a bit of coin to mean he's not a complete right off. What's your case against?

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
I reckon Zac Guthrie has looked good enough you could probably pick him even if not selected for R1. Best looking 12 year old I've ever seen.

"Best looking 12 year old I've ever seen." - Careful Cactus?!!

Reactions: Steve

GeneralHodge

Feb 22, 2017
Well I can see why he is in the discussion. If he scored 91+ and saves you from at least 1 ruck donut he's a good pick at his price. And that sort of return doesn't seem outlandish. Plus it looks a weak year for forwards this year. Similar age to Grundy. Even if Nank hits a wall good chance that he makes a bit of coin to mean he's not a complete right off. What's your case against?
I don't see him as a top 6-8 F or a top 2-3 ruck. Just a mid pricer that would need upgrading. Would rather have his spot given to a rookie. Don't mind me though. Just thinking out loud. Will probably follow the herd to potentially avoid getting left behind.