2017 Backline Primos

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
He’s been in and out of my side, if I pick him I really want him to improve on his scoring. Obviously midfield time will do this I just want to be sure he’s going to get those minutes. I’ll see how he goes against the Cats, if he gets more midfield time I may just have to put him in.
I'm not banking on any more midfield minutes. He seems so valuable to the crows in his current role why would they mess with it? (I know he's been rumoured to get more midfield minutes but so was Brodie Smith a couple of years ago). I'm picking him and I'll count it as a win if he doesn't drop his average and plays almost every game. If he did happen to increase his average I'd count that as a big bonus but I'm not banking on it.

Mick

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Been tinkering with defensive premiums for weeks now but think im settled on Shaw / Adams / Laird followed by 5 rookies. 3 solid premiums that barring injury should be top 8 defenders.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Been tinkering with defensive premiums for weeks now but think im settled on Shaw / Adams / Laird followed by 5 rookies. 3 solid premiums that barring injury should be top 8 defenders.

Love that setup except they do all share a bye.

Reactions: Steve and cactus

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Got the same setup myself, may change shaw to someone with more value yet.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I have Laird, Adams and Mills but not Shaw as could only afford Mills

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Half time in the Cats v Crows game and Touhy is looking very ... relevant ... again. I've been sucked in before with players with similar profiles but it is going to be very hard to leave this guy out at the price.

GeneralHodge

Feb 22, 2017
Half time in the Cats v Crows game and Touhy is looking very ... relevant ... again. I've been sucked in before with players with similar profiles but it is going to be very hard to leave this guy out at the price.
Yeah him and Sandi are putting there hands up but I'm very reluctant to change my structure for a couple mid pricers. JLT3 will help make those decisions.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
On Tuohy:
Three of the four x 100+ SC scores for Geelong on the w/end went to backs: Tuohy, Henderson and Lonergan.
Two of the next four went to backs: Ruggles and Thurlow.
Why? Is it a change of game plan? A singular oddity?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
On Tuohy:
Three of the four x 100+ SC scores for Geelong on the w/end went to backs: Tuohy, Henderson and Lonergan.
Two of the next four went to backs: Ruggles and Thurlow.
Why? Is it a change of game plan? A singular oddity?
Good analysis.

In favour of Touhy: direct observation of the way he is playing. More than the scores he is posting Touhy looks SC relevant.

Against Touhy: history. He has a fair bit of it and the best of it falls well short of being SC relevant.

Conclusion: could work out nicely but it would be a sizeable risk to start Touhy. A more sensible course of action would be to leave him out of the starting team and accept paying a bit extra for him at upgrade time if he manages to carry forward the preseason form.