2017 Backline Midpricers

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Mate he's an underrated player for sure. He's rapidly becoming one of our best distributors which is why he spent a fair bit of time across half back last year and gained the defence eligibility. He's an outside player with decent leg speed. He had a great year last year for us and I'd expect him to improve again and take on more responsibility. The problem with him as an SC option is his price. Whilst I'd expect him to have a similar output this year I'm not sure his ceiling will improve enough to see him into the top 10 defenders by seasons end. At 460k he's too expensive to be a stepping stone and I can't see him averaging an extra 10-15 points a game this year with the likes of Mills, Rampe and McVeigh being used heavily across half back. Great player but a dodgy SC selection for mine. Hope this helps.
I'm a huge fan of Rampe, it was between him and Doc last year for me to break out, 1 out of 2 wasn't to bad. I watching Rampe closely still and can see him upping his avg a little more this year but still just outside the top defenders.

Reactions: Benj

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Can a Swans fan give us an update on Jake Lloyd?

Last 3 year averages

Looming as a possible POD, awkward price at 460k but a DPP and had a half decent back end of the season last year not much below 80 and a couple big scores. Will his role differ at all this year??
Im hot and cold on him atm. With Mills and Heeney to play more mid time. Lloyd may play on HBF

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I'm a huge fan of Rampe, it was between him and Doc last year for me to break out, 1 out of 2 wasn't to bad. I watching Rampe closely still and can see him upping his avg a little more this year but still just outside the top defenders.
Against dome teams though Rampe will take a tall and be undersized against them

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Kolodjashnij, Salem, Crozier & a real roughy in J.Ramsey I'm entertaining at D4.

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
Kolodjashnij, Salem, Crozier & a real roughy in J.Ramsey I'm entertaining at D4.
Don't do it, it's a trap! think of how Lonergan and Sheridan ended up last year!

although early in the pre-season I did like Ramsey, didn't show much in the first JLT but Collingwood definitely have a halfback role left by Marley Williams up for grabs hopefully Ramsey can show something by R1

I hope Kade does well this year but he didn't show anything last year too pick him, he might even be a good upgrade after suns bye if he shows some form early in the year!

Salem and Crozier will just burn you, stay well away is my advice!

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London

Massive fan of Ramps too. His problem is he's so valuable in the one on one's that he'll never be the guy that regularly roams free like a Docherty. For me he's a similar SC prospect to Josh Gibson. He'll score big when the match ups allow but will have some low scoring games too when he's forced on to a more accountable opponent. Awesome player though. One of those guys who just seems to have time. Not bad for a rookie selection!

Feb 27, 2016
Marchbank anyone??

Marchbank does look like an interesting pick. Takes a lot of those intercepting marks that CD love.

Coming into his third year should have good JS as well.

The only query similar i guess to Macgrath is if his scoring potential outweighs that of rookies 100k cheaper.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
If I'm taking a mid pricer in the backs it'd be a flier on Zak Jones. At this stage I think the risk is better spent elsewhere.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
If I'm taking a mid pricer in the backs it'd be a flier on Zak Jones. At this stage I think the risk is better spent elsewhere.
and that is what the problem is with picking Swans players. It could be either Mills, Jones, Lloyd, Rampe or McVeigh that scores the points every week but more likely to either share the points each week or every week someone else scores well

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Don't do it, it's a trap! think of how Lonergan and Sheridan ended up last year!

although early in the pre-season I did like Ramsey, didn't show much in the first JLT but Collingwood definitely have a halfback role left by Marley Williams up for grabs hopefully Ramsey can show something by R1

I hope Kade does well this year but he didn't show anything last year too pick him, he might even be a good upgrade after suns bye if he shows some form early in the year!

Salem and Crozier will just burn you, stay well away is my advice!

Think I've a little bit about midpricers over the last year or so, I started with Sam Gray and Jesse Lonergan last season & 2 things they had in common for me is that I really knew little about them I was going off decent finishes to previous season & strong pre-season form but I'd never really seen them play. Crozier, Salem & Ramsey and huge longshots to be in my starting team, Kolo is different he had a nightmare or a season last season, injury & role issues a side he just didn't look right but his upside is enormous, has proven scoring ability I just need to see that he's right to go, which to be fair jury's still out on that after 2 games and he may not play in the next.

Reactions: cactus

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
Kolo is different he had a nightmare or a season last season, injury & role issues a side he just didn't look right but his upside is enormous, has proven scoring ability I just need to see that he's right to go, which to be fair jury's still out on that after 2 games and he may not play in the next.

To be honest it all depends on whether their key position defenders are playing, Day looks to be gone for the season but If Thompson and May can stay fit and away from suspension, it definitely frees Kade up and hopefully he can find some form. although he's role wasn't a positive yesterday against the dons, played very deep and hardly got the ball.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Hibberd not playing JLT 3 with achillies soreness, not a great area to have issues with, defiantly puts a question mark on his name now.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
So Mills probably becomes just a little bit more relevant with Heeneys illness they probably weren't going to steal much mid time off each other but can see Mills just venturing forward a little more.

Tossing up between him & Tuohy at the moment,

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
So Mills probably becomes just a little bit more relevant with Heeneys illness they probably weren't going to steal much mid time off each other but can see Mills just venturing forward a little more.

Tossing up between him & Tuohy at the moment,
Nah!