Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
For those contemplating Zac Williams here is an interesting article from the AFL website:

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-30/who-is-the-afls-most-underrated-player

It rates him 2nd out of all AFL players (behind only Danger) on Champion Data's new "relative rating" which rates players against others of a similar age who play a similar position. Maxy, NicNat, and the Bont round out the top five. I don't think the measure has direct SC relevance but it is interesting non the less.

I have probably been thinking to let Zac run against me just because of the number of players to share the GWS points but ... 22 years old and already elite in his SC relevant position ...

I'm keen on Williams and agree that he's underrated. At 480k I see him as a premium rather than a midpricer.

Reactions: cactus

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Williams is primed, and imo will take that next step. Tagging Heater last year negated his impact and if teams go down that track again will only means good things for Williams.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Williams is primed, and imo will take that next step. Tagging Heater last year negated his impact and if teams go down that track again will only means good things for Williams.

Interesting when when Shaw was getting attention later in the season it didn't improve Williams' scores, I am still a fan though

Reactions: cactus

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Interesting when when Shaw was getting attention later in the season it didn't improve Williams' scores, I am still a fan though

I didn't say it helped last season, but another season under the belt and a good pre season, a year older and i can see him lifting that average again.

Reactions: Prospector

Kid81

Jun 8, 2016
Thank you all, I really appreciate the feedback. I think i might keep looking for a POD in defense ;-)

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
I'd love to get your guys opinions of Michael Johnson from Freo. He has put up the numbers in the past. returning from injury and a decent pre-season, can he get back to his best?

Doesnt he have a club imposed suspension hanging over him?

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Anything doing with Andy Otten? Is he injured or no JS?? Don't know much about the happenings over there

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I'll be keeping eye on Thurlow but will probably stick to Guns and Rookies.

As much as I love KK he won't be in my starting team. There's only so many times he can burn a girl. :rolleyes:
What do you think Thurlow has to average to be a good buy at $267K?

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
What do you think Thurlow has to average to be a good buy at $267K?

If I was to start Thurlow the plan would be to have him as a keeper so I would want him to at least average 90.

I think he's capable of that but it's a huge ask to expect him to reach that this year. With all of the changes in Geelong's backline this year it's difficult to predict how he will go.

I'm a big fan of his so I'll be watching him closely searching for an excuse to start him. ;)

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I think he'd need around 80ave to make 150K, history says it won't happen.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
@Tevez17 do you think that Tom Stewart is likely to play rd 1?

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Apparently Bews has been training with the forwards over pre-season.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Nick Vlastuin is moving from the back pocket to the midfield for the Tiges this year according to multiple sources (including Nick himself in a video). In a different year - if there were less genuine backline primos available - you might consider him. Could be the Jack Newnes of this year (Jack probably ended up being a narrow win the year everyone was taking him in the backline but he was frustrating to hold through the early part of the season for those who had him). That sort of performance unlikely to be enough this year. Another one to watch how he goes through the early rounds of the home and away and if he is starting to post some consistent good scores could be one to get on to.
Vlastuin play mid resting forward in the Richmond intraclub yesterday and kicked two goals according to the track watchers. Big ask for him to be SC relevant given how stacked the backline is with options this year but I'll still keep an eye on him in the preseason games.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I like Vlastuin, I think he's worth a look for sure if he's playing mainly midfield, like his potential to average around 100