McGrath essendon

Discussion in 'SuperCoach Discussion' started by Dabba, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Dabba

Dabba Member

Do we think McGrath from essendon is the real deal this year??

2. Bombers56

Bombers56 Senior Coach
    Patron '17 Patron '18 Patron '19 Patron '20 Patron '21 Veterans

He certainly played well at the weekend and looks to have improved from last season. Also looked fitter. Can you give it another week to see?

Seppo and Prospector like this.
  3. alrighty then

alrighty then Assistant Coach
    Patron '16 Patron '17 Patron '18 Patron '19 Patron '20

Career highs in disposals, tackles and inside-50's last weekend. Looked unreal. Merrett started dominant and got tagged to start the second half, It will be interesting to see if some other teams decide to tag Mcgrath instead, but I suppose these things are hard to predict. I agree, watch again this week. I expect the jump to happen, but to what avg I don't know.

Seppo likes this.
  4. Seppo

Seppo Development Coach
    Patron '17 Patron '18 Patron '19 Patron '20 Patron '21

I would agree that we need to see it for another week at least...I assume the urgency is because this is a Danger replacement and you have to make a decision soon?

If you go by last season's midfield numbers you can't take much meaning out of high midfield scoring from one game where Essendon plays Hawthorn. They both bled points to mids all season long last year and I'll be looking to VC players against them whenever I can this year.

Also that massive score is only going to be in his cycle for 1 price rise, so this could go sideways really quickly considering the Dons next 4 are Port, St Kilda, Sydney, and Brisbane. I would've thought the Swans would be the easiest to score against out of those four, but they crushed the Brisbane mids last week so this looks to be an awful draw for him.

Just my two cents. I think he's an A-grader for sure...just not certain that translates to SC scoring and I wouldn't want to make that leap of faith based on one game against Hawthorn.

m4ttdog and Prospector like this.