Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Anyone looked into this Coachkings game that Jock Reynolds community is pushing? I listen to their podcast (i spend a LOT of time in my car for work, SC podcasts are a godsend) and hadn't paid it much attention but saw they were doing a trial of it tonight before rolling it out next week. Threw together a side in 2 mins just for some fun and somehow I'm ranked #1 nationally at half time. I may have to start paying a bit more attention now.

Anyone else doing it?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Just don't think I have space in my brain for more than one format.

If and when I completely drop out of contention in SC I guess I could be looking for a new thrill ...

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
I dont mind a bit of daily fantasy. The coach kings format of going to the pub doesnt really appeal to me tho.

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
They had a play-at-home version of this available over the bye rounds so I gave it a try last week on the Hawks v Power game - not bad - it really only took about a minute and a half to do a team - and there was only about 1200 people playing nationally so it would not be out of the question to jag the weekly prize (I was sitting about 15th with a few minutes to play and dropped back into the 40s by the end of the game).

Reactions: Haychh

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
They had a play-at-home version of this available over the bye rounds so I gave it a try last week on the Hawks v Power game - not bad - it really only took about a minute and a half to do a team - and there was only about 1200 people playing nationally so it would not be out of the question to jag the weekly prize (I was sitting about 15th with a few minutes to play and dropped back into the 40s by the end of the game).

I thoroughly enjoyed it too, Ess v WC last week I was sitting 17th with 10 to go then everyone with Hutchings and Mcginnity went flying past me when they jagged a couple and I finished in the 200's... This week Port V hawks I gave it another crack and finished 32nd. Shit it was fun, I found myself sitting there cheering on my coachkings players and forgot all about my SC!! I just wish I had a pub up here that would take it on, I know where I'd be every Sunday!

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I don't live far from a couple of pubs that are doing it in North Melbourne but I doubt I'd actually go and play in venue ... weekends tend to be fairly flat out. If they have more game in the future where you can play at home I'd probably give it another go.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Not really coach kings related but thought it was the most appropriate thread.
I was just reading the Jock, Higgo and Crouching are pulling the pin again, this time for good.
Apparently there are a couple of guys taking over the pod, but just won't be the same.
Those guys really made me laugh every Monday morning, and always got my week off to a good start.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I was just reading the Jock, Higgo and Crouching are pulling the pin again, this time for good.
Apparently there are a couple of guys taking over the pod, but just won't be the same.
Those guys really made me laugh every Monday morning, and always got my week off to a good start.
Too many ppl running away - pourquoi?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Yep... Agreed. The SC analysis was fine, a few left field things from time to time, but you were guaranteed a laugh or 3 as well. I listened to the podcast released this week, and the new guys definitely need time to grow into it. I'm sure they'll find their groove but it's not a "must listen" for me any more.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Yep... Agreed. The SC analysis was fine, a few left field things from time to time, but you were guaranteed a laugh or 3 as well. I listened to the podcast released this week, and the new guys definitely need time to grow into it. I'm sure they'll find their groove but it's not a "must listen" for me any more.

Yeah it's a pity because their pod really did fill the a void in fantasy.
I also listened to the first pod from the new lads and agree that it wil take some time.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Yeah first POD from new guys has me nearly clicking delete.
I think they should stay away from the attempted humour and just go for quality content and differnt agles/views.

Reactions: Steve and tmac