Phil Walsh..

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
News this morning he has been killed. What is this going to mean for the club?
Terrible news and thoughts and prays go out to his family, friends.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
Terrible news.

I guess people are murdered every day but this just feels weird.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Shocking news. How does this happen in this day and age? Thoughts are with his wife and family.

No idea what this means for the club. Or even for this week's games. I can't see his players taking the field 48 hours after they've been told he's been killed.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Being the footy nut he was reported to be I reckon he would have wanted the game to go on, but when you put it in perspective it'd be bloody hard to get up for a game after such tragic news.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
This is an unprecedented event, never has an AFL coach been murdered. I know that Phil Walsh tried to not only have a professional relationship but a personal relationship too with his players. These lads would look up to him as a father figure. The crows isn’t the only club he has been involved with, he’s been at Port, West Coast, Geelong, Collingwood, Richmond and Brisbane. The whole football community would be feeling his loss. My thoughts really go out to his friends and family, especially his wife and daughter who is overseas right now.

If this weeks round was to be postponed or cancelled I wouldn’t begrudge the AFL. I don’t personally see how the Crows could be in a state to play on Sunday but will respect their decision either way.

RIP Phil Walsh

Reactions: Prospector

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Woke up and first thing I see on twitter is this story. WTF. What a shock. I can imagine all of us regulars in the forum are feeling a little weird and lost for words because I know I am. We don't know the bloke personally, but when something like this occurs, it effects us because it has happened in the game we all love.

RIP Phil Walsh

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
This state (SA) has been devastated with sporting tragedies this year.
Phil Hughes during summer (last Nov).
Phil Walsh today.

Shocking news. Feel for the family and what his wife must be going through.

Ave atque vale Phil Walsh.
(Hail and farewell)

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Woke up and first thing I see on twitter is this story. WTF. What a shock. I can imagine all of us regulars in the forum are feeling a little weird and lost for words because I know I am. We don't know the bloke personally, but when something like this occurs, it effects us because it has happened in the game we all love.

RIP Phil Walsh

It's one of those things about the footy community isn't it, that when something like this happens we all fell it, all we can do is give those involved their privacy.

Reactions: Dino