The super coach gods suck!!! Best way to cover round 11 carnage.

Beermonkey

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 7, 2015
So no bellchambers. No Bennell. No vanderberg. No krak. No Brookby.no Ryder. No Glen. Is it donut eating time for anyone else? If we fix this week we destroy rnd 12 or 13. Any creative ideas? Do we sideways trade Ryder and Bennell?

Beermonkey

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 7, 2015
It comes down to whether I am realisticly a chance to get overall. Currently just inside top 5000, but have a lot of cash riding on my leagues. So do I burn 9 trades in the byes or just accept some donuts?

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
It comes down to whether I am realisticly a chance to get overall. Currently just inside top 5000, but have a lot of cash riding on my leagues. So do I burn 9 trades in the byes or just accept some donuts?
Trade baby Trade. Ur given 3 to use next 3 weeks. Go for it.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Trade baby Trade. Ur given 3 to use next 3 weeks. Go for it.

I have bennell and looking at sideways to fix a r12 donut anyway even If he does play so some good options and lots of trades to use. It was only three years ago I think when the winner didn't have any trades left five weeks out.
trade and hope, prosper and rejoice, muck It up and there's always 2016.
I always ask myself this - Should I play safe and finish 2 -10k or rake the chance and finish high enough to be happy with the year and If not at least I had a go!
Live by the sword......

Beermonkey

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 7, 2015
Trust the scc community to say go for it lol!!! Next year I need to set up two teams one for leagues and one for overall. I can win nearly $900 if I won all my leagues...or I can have a very very remote chance at 50k.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I have bennell and looking at sideways to fix a r12 donut anyway even If he does play so some good options and lots of trades to use. It was only three years ago I think when the winner didn't have any trades left five weeks out.
trade and hope, prosper and rejoice, muck It up and there's always 2016.
I always ask myself this - Should I play safe and finish 2 -10k or rake the chance and finish high enough to be happy with the year and If not at least I had a go!
Live by the sword......

Love it "Judders", there is no use thinking of the What if's and maybe's, don't bother dipping the toes, jump in head first it's sink or swim!!!

Apr 29, 2015
I've convinced myself into doing 3 trades this week, including bringing in Hamling even though he has the bye. That is a pre-emptive move, hoping that he plays next week, but also to build the bank.

CEY, Krakoeur and McIntosh out for Pearce, Hamling and Boston, leaving me with fat wads of cold hard cash for the next week.

DEF - Shaw, Taylor, Murphy, Newnes, Oxley, Brown | Pearce, Hamling (6 playing in Rd 11)
MID - Fyfe, Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Ellis, Selwood, Wallis, Saad, Cripps | Miller, McKenzie, Boston (6/7 playing)
RUC - Goldstein, Naitanui | O'Brien (2 playing)
FWD - Martin, Swan, Goddard, Mitchell, Bontompelli, Tarrant | Hogan, Clark (5 playing)

That gives me 19 playing (20 if McKenzie plays) this week and $720K in the bank

With no changes, I will have 15 playing in Rd 12 (presuming no O'Brien and no Clark). So, will look at Saad and Miller out for 2 Rd 11 mids, and maybe Oxley if I can find someone that I think wil average better, or maybe N Brown.

With no changes, I will have 21 playing in Rd 13 (presuming no O'Brien). With 3 trades for Rd 12, I will have 24 playing.

jester5au

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
May 1, 2015
My bye strategy was thrown out this week. No Amon and Clark really has killed me. Two of my round 13 rooks missing at least 2 games out of the three.
This is the time of year where I plan on catapulting up the ranks into the top 1000. Not this
I will throw round 12 this year will struggle to field 16.

It's been ironic that all of the good cows have the round 12 bye.

Best I can hope for us to complete my team not according to byes but to what will work best.

For this reason my trades this week are
Saad to Pearce
Cey to Selwood.
Clark to Mitchell

Reactions: Steve

alman

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
Anyone concerned about Boston's JS after GCS's R12 bye? Few 'experts' reckon there are some big names set to come back then like Bennel and possibly GAJ and Swallow.. Still getting him in due to other rookie outs this week and R13 bye will (fingers crossed) be the easiest to manage!

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I don't like Boston's js long term. But I had to get him this week. Its either him or one of the Melbourne kids but I won't get them without knowing who is sub and I need the cash tonight to get Wines in. So Boston it is. 2 weeks ago I looked like fielding 21 This week without even trading. Now I've used 3 trades just to get 18 on the park. Tough times.

Reactions: J-Dog

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
I have had to go aggressive just to get 18 on the park, given that Clark, Bellchambers, Amon, Krakouer and McKenzie are all out. So costly.

Henderson, Krakouer and Clark OUT
Selwood, Ziebell and A.Pearce IN

I had about $297k and now I have roughly $185k, which will be increased to roughly $465k next week when I cash Saad out to Hamling.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
2 weeks ago I looked like fielding 21 This week without even trading. Now I've used 3 trades just to get 18 on the park. Tough times.
Tell me about it. This was meant to be the easy week!

Reactions: Steve

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
How would you of liked to held on to Kelly when he really teste my resolve with that unfortunate injury, he comes back after two weeks I rejoice, plan ahead and he gets subbed for nine tonight.
Hope he's ok heard he's a ripping bloke and had his fair share of crap this year.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
judders, when your knackers get crushed early on, you just know it's not a great year!

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I'm abhorred you would think my mind would plumb those depths prossie!
I would always make it more obvious and confronting if i meant it or was attempting one of my weak attempts at humor!