Totally off subject but no water cooler forum to post In.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Myself and a couple of mates coming over to watch blues vs tigers in July at the G, a trip to Flemington and a bit of a general boys trip.
I personally always like to get out and experience local sites and culture and when over normally always try to visit a high brow establishment like Gold fingers to experience Melbourne's culture. This week an acquaintance we reminiscing about a trip over last week and suggested that you really experience a more rounded cultural event at Kittens. I hadn't heard of It and was wondering if any of you local high brow gents could give me a heads up?
Obviously I am only going because my "mate" gets lonely if he has to go to these places on his own, so being the dedicated, trustworthy friend I am I will reluctantly accompany him and maybe imbibe in a beverage or two for four or five hours with him so he feels like I'm not doing It reluctantly.
Sorry If it's not the right forum but I like to get my "cultural" plans sorted for those boys weekend footy trips, must be getting older and wiser.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I remember "Kittens" in Frankston, that is a real cultural experience! Very High Brow! ha ha ha
I don't think it's called that anymore, something like Pink Girls and it's a long way from the CBD so it may not be the one he's talking about.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I remember "Kittens" in Frankston, that is a real cultural experience! Very High Brow! ha ha ha
I don't think it's called that anymore, something like Pink Girls and it's a long way from the CBD so it may not be the one he's talking about.
I once went to the Frankston department of licensing with a mate who moved to Vic and had to transfer his WA license.
Interesting place. Could show you some places over here up north though mate where Frankston would seem like Pipers Point or Toorak.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
My missus lived and worked in Port Hedland, she tells me it was a wonderful place. She also has an Aunty that lives out at Tom Price, another beautiful part of WA.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
My missus lived and worked in Port Hedland, she tells me it was a wonderful place. She also has an Aunty that lives out at Tom Price, another beautiful part of WA.
I have spent a bit of time in both places. They say Newman is the arse end of the world and port headland Is 400 km up It.
pretty ordinary places doddy but got nothing on Fitzroy crossing and halls Creek (affectionately known as helps crack over here). Only been to each place once but I wouldn't recommend it. It's actually sad and depressing you wonder how people live like it. That from the least likely bleeding heart you'll meet, but just wrong and not nice, not only those things but intimidating and somewhere you don't feel welcome safe or want to be.
Derby isn't much better 200 km north of broome, I was there in February for two weeks. Every day work, pub eat drink, bed, not really a tourist tow. plus 42 degrees every day and about 80% humidity. Crap joint.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
South Melbourne and Caulfield South you will find their venues. Your friend is lucky to have you to keep him company ;)

Just google it and you will find all the info you need on these fine establishments.

Reactions: doddy2731

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Is is have a Web presence too Dino was looking for a recommendation. have seen the site, purely for researching the cultural tour.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
pretty ordinary places doddy but got nothing on Fitzroy crossing and halls Creek (affectionately known as helps crack over here). Only been to each place once but I wouldn't recommend it. It's actually sad and depressing you wonder how people live like it. That from the least likely bleeding heart you'll meet, but just wrong and not nice, not only those things but intimidating and somewhere you don't feel welcome safe or want to be.
Hitched from Perth to Darwin many years ago and got stuck in Hall's Creek for 3 days. Arrived about 3.00pm one afternoon and in the next 3 days only about 25 cars in total passed me by. I think all were locals. Slept under the stars by the side of the road. By the 3rd afternoon I was a bit tired of sitting there hour after hour with the same rather uninteresting view.
When 2 very loaded cars pulled up for a break mid-afternoon I approached the drivers and told them I didn't care how far they were going - just as long as they were going somewhere else. Both cars were pretty full but one of the drivers said that if I cared to share the front seat with his blue healer I was welcome to ride along. I cared. As it turned out they were only going up the road to Wyndham but that was far enough for me.
I ended up getting off at the Victoria Hwy turn-off to Kununnurra. Slept under the stars again but at least I was further along the road to Darwin and I had a different view.

Back in those days Hall's Creek wasn't very much at all. Probably still isn't. But Fitzroy Crossing definitely had a bad reputation - particularly for bar fights.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Sounds a bit too high brow for the likes of me. ;)

Anyway I'm busy that night. Going to a poetry reading with the rest of the Richmond supporters.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Sure! I think we'll call it "poetry on punt". A few spoken word performances by members of the Richmond cheer squad. Maybe a cameo by a past player. Should be a classy night.

The price of honour was falling in 1982
The scumbags down at Collingwood thought of something new to do
"We will buy the Richmond captain and show we're masters still"
"If we can't train blokes to play football we'll just buy some blokes who will"

Reactions: Prospector