Who should coach Carlton next year?

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
To take a moment to relax from the tom mitchell situation this week please tell me who you think should coach carlton next year?
Please don't answer Mick Malthouse as I won't hold back in questioning your parentage should you poke this bear like that.

I would love Bomber Thompson, as I respect him and his honesty but I don't think he will.
Would love to see the club go cap in hand to Ratten and ask the question as well, but not sure if they will.

Thinking Brendan Bolton is the next one to come off the hawthorn conveyor belt, that would be from one extreme to the other in the after match press conferences!

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
What do you reckon about Juddy hanging 'em up and jumping straight into the coaches box? ;)
Good point on Bolton, Mark Stevens wouldn't know what to do with himself!

Reactions: Prospector

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Hardwick might become available -

Richmond is a poisoned chalice isn't it.
I think Hardwick a good coach, i think the club as a whole has been conditioned to promising so much but always falling short that it actually now feeds itself and is ingrained???
I'd take Hardwick over Malthouse, but then again I would also take any Korean Kim Jong or Jason Donavon over Mick so that doesn't say much.

Reactions: J-Dog

johno686

Assistant Coach
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
Hardwick is a bad match day coach. Never has a plan B and trys to turn players into something there not.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Barb has the passion. I think she could really turn the place around.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
What do you reckon about Juddy hanging 'em up and jumping straight into the coaches box? ;) ...

This can work if Juddy is prepared to follow the Buckley path, and be Mick's apprentice!!!!!!!!

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
This can work if Juddy is prepared to follow the Buckley path, and be Mick's apprentice!!!!!!!!
Didn't know you could do a trade in being a wanker. Mick would be the perfect teacher though, he has refined the art.
As an electrician when you get you full quals after being an apprentice the colloquiol term is A Grade Electricain, so that would make mick an A Grade Wan......

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Didn't know you could do a trade in being a wanker. Mick would be the perfect teacher though, he has refined the art.
As an electrician when you get you full quals after being an apprentice the colloquiol term is A Grade Electricain, so that would make mick an A Grade Wan......
Pleased to see that the opportunity intrigues you, judders!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
What about Guy McKenna? Thought he was good at GC, had them humming and then got shafted.
What about Gerald Fitzgerald,he's been a great coach for the Rooster for many a year, i know he said that he wouldn't move to the AFL but i could see him rubbing his hand together to coach Carlton. If they threw some time and a few bucks at him i reckon he could be persuaded.

Mick22

May 13, 2015
I think they SHOULD go back to Ratten but there is no chance of that. In hindsight he overachieved with the list he had and a few years with Clarkson would have helped him. I think he is a huge chance of getting the Tigers gig when it comes up. Peter Sumich is my tip to get the Carlton job.

Mick22

May 13, 2015
I recon they would ask him but he could get any coaching job that comes up, having seen the way their board operates I don't think he would want it.