Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
Looks like we keep the 30 trades but prices will change after round 2 (if it's anything like Dreamteam they will still be a 3 round rolling average though...with the average from 2019 being the 3rd score after round 2; so not great for midpricers or rookies I would think for quick price rises). That is pretty big we have to do rookie corrections after only 1 round of getting to see them play.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...WQ0JLXsfPJCdPKk3uwN6zY9Nc7RCvArWL97wJOOjpbqoU

Bridget

Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 10, 2018
With shortened quarters, what are we thinking is the new outstanding, great, good, ok, poor scores?
Don’t know if we can just say 20% less, as players don’t need quite as much endurance and therefore might be able to push harder/faster given shorter amounts of time.

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
With shortened quarters, what are we thinking is the new outstanding, great, good, ok, poor scores?
Don’t know if we can just say 20% less, as players don’t need quite as much endurance and therefore might be able to push harder/faster given shorter amounts of time.
Hmmmm, aren’t scores still scaling up bc each game is worth the same amount of points? If so i suppose it doesn’t matter that much...if not, then I’d just go with 80% of what you were expecting until we get proven differently. If starters push through everything like you said our rookies named on an interchange are going to score very poorly...who knows this is gonna be a wild year.

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
Actually, now that i think on it...we could see top scorers skyrocket to the point where 120 isn’t a viable captain score assuming scores still scale up and the stars play a higher TOG. Maybe we see a whole bunch of 130-140 averagers this season and it’s super hard to upgrade.

Reactions: Prospector

Bridget

Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 10, 2018
Hmmmm, aren’t scores still scaling up bc each game is worth the same amount of points? If so i suppose it doesn’t matter that much...if not, then I’d just go with 80% of what you were expecting until we get proven differently. If starters push through everything like you said our rookies named on an interchange are going to score very poorly...who knows this is gonna be a wild year.

I hadn’t originally heard that scores were being scaled up, but that makes sense.
Went looking and found this.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...n/news-story/e3849f4ca08ad5014d8075cb8dddd038

Bridget

Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 10, 2018
Actually, now that i think on it...we could see top scorers skyrocket to the point where 120 isn’t a viable captain score assuming scores still scale up and the stars play a higher TOG. Maybe we see a whole bunch of 130-140 averagers this season and it’s super hard to upgrade.
An interesting point. Only Dusty got over 120 tonight, but might be worth monitoring with other matches.

Micky P

Feb 8, 2020
An interesting point. Only Dusty got over 120 tonight, but might be worth monitoring with other matches.
I think we will see slightly more extreme scoring - at the top and bottom ends. See this tweet re women's scoring. Don't expect men's game to be as extreme as that but should skew that way. Whilst there weren't that many high scores last night there did seem to be more scores than usual <40??

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I think we will see slightly more extreme scoring - at the top and bottom ends. See this tweet re women's scoring. Don't expect men's game to be as extreme as that but should skew that way. Whilst there weren't that many high scores last night there did seem to be more scores than usual <40??

One thing to remember about the Women's game though is the good are a hell of a lot better than the others.
And there is only a couple of really good players in each team the rest do really make up the numbers.

Micky P

Feb 8, 2020
One thing to remember about the Women's game though is the good are a hell of a lot better than the others.
And there is only a couple of really good players in each team the rest do really make up the numbers.
Yeah totally. Hence the scoring won't be as extreme - but I still think it will skew that way slightly. Depends a little on how the scaling is done but mathematically it seems it would have to. At least I would think it would improve scoring for "impact players" (eg Bont) that seem to do well from scaling. Add to that the shorter quarters - which you would think would lead to slight increase in TOG for the top players and decrease in TOG for rookies, and that should slightly compound that skew also.

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
Do we know if prices reflect the new scoring limitations of the players.

For example Grundy is priced to average 128. But now that the QTRS are 16 minutes he may score 110.
So does this mean his price will plummet to what 110 is worth?
Or is 110 the new $709,000?? and Supercoach will adjust?

Make sense?

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015

For example Grundy is priced to average 128. But now that the QTRS are 16 minutes he may score 110.

Make sense?
Damn good question! I think we are stuck with what we see.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane

Make sense?
In short: no, Grundy's price won't necessarily plummet.
There's still the same 3,300 points to be divided up between the teams.

Reactions: J-Dog

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Very confusing at the moment but be aware, everyone is in the same boat.
As Rupert pointed out, there are still the same 3000 points to be spread across the game.

keffa

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015

Make sense?
Well the 3300 supercoach point pie remains, even though the length of the quarters has reduced. Put very basically/simply, an act that previously scored 1 point should now receive 1.25 (because the length of the match has reduced by 20%).