Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I thought it might be nice to have a place to post any thoughts, comments, reflections. whatever that occur during finals but not specifically limited to the finals.

As a Sainter with no specific team to support in the finals I just hope that the team that plays the most attractive football wins. If opposing coaches really do copy the Premier's game style I'd rather they copied an attractive style.
atm I think the Doggies are probably the most fun to watch and I like the fact that they tend to mainly rely on the Big 3 - Bont, Macrae and Dunkley - at centre bounces. If they were to win the GF then maybe other coaches might start to play their best on-ballers on-ball more rather than spreading the load.
Unfortunately, I can't see the Doggies winning 4 straight like they did in 2016.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I thought it might be nice to have a place to post any thoughts, comments, reflections. whatever that occur during finals but not specifically limited to the finals.

As a Sainter with no specific team to support in the finals I just hope that the team that plays the most attractive football wins. If opposing coaches really do copy the Premier's game style I'd rather they copied an attractive style.
atm I think the Doggies are probably the most fun to watch and I like the fact that they tend to mainly rely on the Big 3 - Bont, Macrae and Dunkley - at centre bounces. If they were to win the GF then maybe other coaches might start to play their best on-ballers on-ball more rather than spreading the load.
Unfortunately, I can't see the Doggies winning 4 straight like they did in 2016.

I too will be on the Doggie train, but gee it is fun watching the Lion too.

It will be a good Finals series I think.

Reactions: Prospector

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I picked 3 out of the 4 winners. Missed on the Lions, who were probably not that far away if they'd kicked a bit straighter.

Whilst it's tempting to go for GWS, I think the Lions will bounce back.

I think the Eagles will win the other. Cats really struggle if the opposition midfield is on a similar level and they're not dominating through there. They also struggle to defend good small forwards. Like the Pies, the Eagles have these attributes and I think will come away with the W.

On a side note.... I hate the complaints from the Cats about the MCG. Purely hypothetical, but say North and the Bulldogs finished #1 and #2 this year. Collingwood and Richmond finish #3 and #4. Interstate clubs fill #5-#8. Where are the Qual Finals and Prelim Finals played against the 2 biggest drawing clubs and MCG tenants? At the MCG of course. The Dogs have played there twice this year. The Kangas have played there once, all the way back in round 3!!! At least it's actually a home ground for the Cats. I'm not saying it's right for none of these clubs to play their true home ground, but I'm sure the Cats (who actually play home games at the MCG) shouldn't be the ones to complain about it (which they surely will if they go out in straight-sets).

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Anybody surprised Pyke resigned?

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Nope. Unfortunately there needed to be a scapegoat.
I should point out, I don't know if it's his fault. It's well recognised they lack speed, whether that's lack of development, recruiting, injuries or lack of insight is difficult to know. Clearly culture took a hit with the camp last year, again I don't know if he's to blame for that. There's also unrest with guys like Betts, Tex, Sauce and Crouches talking of leaving when they've been there a long time. They're a club on the slide and the first person to bear the brunt is the senior coach, whether he's at fault or not.

Where I do see his failings, is the lack of adjustments to compensate for their lack of speed. There's not been enough changes to gameplan or personnel to address this and the 6-6-6 has only exacerbated it. I'd have to say the responsibility for that does fall on his head.

Reactions: Prospector