Round 23 anyone??

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So i've made 3 GF's have one trade.
This is my focus as my ranking is not great.

Looking for max points and Sloane i'm looking at you.
Also Mouch is a close second & Sicily & RGray i'll stop now.

I think i'll go out swinging and Put the C on Dunkley this week (should've been earlier)
if Danger fails.

All the best for those still having a crack, and helping out with the leagues for overall ranks.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
So i've made 3 GF's have one trade.
This is my focus as my ranking is not great.

Looking for max points and Sloane i'm looking at you.
Also Mouch is a close second & Sicily & RGray i'll stop now.

I think i'll go out swinging and Put the C on Dunkley this week (should've been earlier)
if Danger fails.

All the best for those still having a crack, and helping out with the leagues for overall ranks.
I'm pretty much done: no trades, out of all my leagues.
All I can do now is use my bench to avoid any disastrous scores so my SCC Leagues don't suffer.
But it's kinda liberating to watch footy without stressing over SC scores.

@doddy2731
All the best for your 3 GFs.

Reactions: Prospector

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
Do we have any news about Gawn? I guess the good news is that if there is a late announcement we only have to wait till the 3rd match of the round to do a quick trade

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Do we have any news about Gawn? I guess the good news is that if there is a late announcement we only have to wait till the 3rd match of the round to do a quick trade

Not at this stage but if he is a little under done, as they're playing for nothing don't be surprised if he is not named.

Coach Craig

Mar 15, 2016
Gawn has been named... But so has Preuss, seems a bit ominous.

I have made GF in both my leagues and one trade left. If Gawn is not a late out thinking of moving Matt Crouch to Dusty. His form looks too good to pass up and I'm slightly short on cash for bont etc.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Congrats to everyone who is still chugging along - best of luck this week. I hope you all totally crush it!

A really massive call out and thanks to Marcus & FB Donkey for their ongoing dedication to this community. I can only imagine the amount of work you guys put in to keep it going. Also to the other guests who contribute regularly (Faz, Dunny, Brice, Moosey etc.) for your insights and different perspectives. Really keeps the content fresh and introduces new ideas. SCC Podcast is one of the few "spiritual" activities I partake in each week!

For me personally I'd like to thank the regular members of this group - thanks for your feedback, suggestions and advice. Even though I've been playing SC for a few years I often feel that I'm asking some pretty dumb questions but the community still responds with respect, always challenges my thinking and comes up with some cracking ideas. So thanks to all the SCC members.

I'm looking forward to SC 2020 now...Hoping the Roo's might actually get some SC relevant players next year so I can pick them AND barrack for them.

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
I lost my cash league last week by 14 points but on the bright side snuck through to the GF in my SC League (#14).

Greene was out so rolled the dice and picked up Lynch hoping he can kick a bag, not too many other options at that price point (was a few K off getting Marshall).

Good luck to all!

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
I'm in the GF for #11. Good luck to Acqua Knights (But not too much luck!)

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
I was so worried about Gawn not playing and then he comes out with this monster performance! Love to know if anyone had the C on him.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I was so worried about Gawn not playing and then he comes out with this monster performance! Love to know if anyone had the C on him.
I'm in a GF in RDT with an opponent who bypassed Grundy to put the "vc" on Gawn and the "c" on Dunkley.
With my "vc" on Grundy I thought I was doing well!

What's most impressive is that Gawn did it against Goldy who's been in terrific form recently.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I'm in a GF in RDT with an opponent who bypassed Grundy to put the "vc" on Gawn and the "c" on Dunkley.
With my "vc" on Grundy I thought I was doing well!

What's most impressive is that Gawn did it against Goldy who's been in terrific form recently.

Did Gawns score do enough for him to pass Grundy’s average? If he did then “The Cox Curse” continues!

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Did Gawns score do enough for him to pass Grundy’s average? If he did then “The Cox Curse” continues!
Not quite.
Grundy: 22 games, 2860 points. 130.0 av.
Gawn: 21 games, 2696 points, 128.4 av.

Considering Grundy and Gawn have finished a clear #1 and #2 for the 2nd year running you'd think "The Cox Curse" is well and truly broken.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Worst season ive ever had, ranked 22k, and I finish it with a 2934. I really hate this game some times

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
2979.......think I might of won the Patreon highest score???? Not sure
Gonna go close

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Won 1 GF, but glad this year is over.
Looking forward to next season and righting the wrongs of this year.

Well done to everyone for sticking it out. Been a rough year but as they say it's "Chracter Building".