Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
More of a general discussion rather than one focused on trades, I suppose.
I doubt many of us have any trades to waste, probably holding on to their last one (or two) in case of injury.
With Kelly still missing and Lycett a surprise out, my last planned trade - Logue->whoever - was put on hold. While I have bench cover for both Kelly and Lycett the scores from that cover leave a lot to be desired. It cost me around 150 points last week.
So my last trade will depend upon teams sheets this week.

I hope everyone is doing better than I am.

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
I have 4 trades left myself and I am thinking of using 2 to bring in Treloar for Rockliff. This will hopefully strengthen my mid lineup and negate a POD which my upcoming opponent has. As long as there are no surprises with the team sheets!

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I have 4 trades left myself and I am thinking of using 2 to bring in Treloar for Rockliff. This will hopefully strengthen my mid lineup and negate a POD which my upcoming opponent has. As long as there are no surprises with the team sheets!

Oooh, you lucky, lucky bastard!

Reactions: nawtay and Rupert

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Holding firm with trades and also gained some extra bench cover thanks to team sheets.
Will be going Neale into Macrae I think.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Only left in 2 comps now and playing to survive in one this week (week off in the other).

I only have the 1 trade left. Enough cash to trade Walsh in the midfield up to Bont, Yeo, Dusty or Walters.

Walters DPP would provide extra flexibility to cover injury in FWD.

Not sure if I should just go all in or hold onto a trade just in case...

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Only left in 2 comps now and playing to survive in one this week (week off in the other).

I only have the 1 trade left. Enough cash to trade Walsh in the midfield up to Bont, Yeo, Dusty or Walters.

Hold the trade for a dounut unless you think you really need to trade for a POD against your opponent , Walsh isn't the worst player to have on field.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
For me it depends upon your bench cover.
Walsh is scoring about 90ppg. Any trade up will likely net you 20-25 ppg. Over 3 games that is 75 points.
If you have no bench cover then 1 x donut will likely cost you more than that,
If you have bench cover then your rookie score could be anywhere from 35 points up. e,g, Chol and Clarke both scored mid-30s last week. So worst case your bench + Walsh-trade would net 35 + 75 = 110 points.

I'd probably go for it, trusting to my Walsh-trade and fingers-crossed for no injury - if, mind you, I had bench cover.
But I agree with @doddy2731 - Walsh isn't the worst player to have on field.

Last edited:

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Ok I have 3 trades...and 115k.

I have Gray in midfield and darling fwd. I am also in a must win match.
Should I just back those guys in? I could trade Gray straight to Martin and keep $$ or I keep Gray in fwd line and trade darling and make him oliver?

No carnage it limited carnage has kind of not helped keeping trades!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Ok I have 3 trades...and 115k.

I have Gray in midfield and darling fwd. I am also in a must win match.
Should I just back those guys in? I could trade Gray straight to Martin and keep $$ or I keep Gray in fwd line and trade darling and make him oliver?

No carnage it limited carnage has kind of not helped keeping trades!

Tough one due to Darlings recent form, but I'd personally back Oliver/Dusty over him for the remainder for points.
Good luck

Reactions: Crackhead

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Tough one due to Darlings recent form, but I'd personally back Oliver/Dusty over him for the remainder for points.
Good luck

Wow went oliver... and did it this morning as likely to be busy later. Dodged a massive bullet with Dusty going out! Was so close to going with him.
How is Richmond's form. D#$kheads. Will screw over a lot of people