Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Thought it was time for a rnd.3 thread. I see some have already posted but in the rnd.2 thread,
No trades for me unless all of Ridley, Hore and Balta are absent.

Reactions: Centroprise

Brett fawell

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 12, 2016
Nsw
Happy with my rookie picks, thinking of k Simpson to b smith so I can pick up libber or cousins( that will leave 100k in bank)

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Rucking Hell!

I went with Grundy / English in rucks (I know it was risky). Not surprisingly English has not smashed out any big scores - but then again most of the rucks have been a bit down. I can trade Ridley (DEF) to a rookie (with DPP magic) and then have enough cash to upgrade English to Gawn. Or should I just take a hit and wait another week or two to see what price Gawn ends up at? Or look at Mumford?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Rucking Hell!

I went with Grundy / English in rucks (I know it was risky). Not surprisingly English has not smashed out any big scores - but then again most of the rucks have been a bit down. I can trade Ridley (DEF) to a rookie (with DPP magic) and then have enough cash to upgrade English to Gawn. Or should I just take a hit and wait another week or two to see what price Gawn ends up at? Or look at Mumford?
As Gawn's BE is 198 and English's is 56 surely you can wait a week or two?
If Gawn scores his predicted 108 he will drop around $40K.

Reactions: Prospector

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
As Gawn's BE is 198 and English's is 56 surely you can wait a week or two?
If Gawn scores his predicted 108 he will drop around $40K.

Thanks for the reply.
That's a good thought. Already felt the pain - another couple of weeks isn't going to be the end of the world. Who knows - Supercoach gods might wreak carnage somewhere...

Reactions: Rupert

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
I'm sitting at 3k overall around 270 off the overall leader. Havn't used a trade yet. Thinking of getting Charlie Constable for Ben Mckay from North. Just think the cash generation I'll miss could be too good to resist. Mckay is a key back and with scores of 59 and 36 I'm liking Constables scores 69 and 87. I'm able to move Moore from forward to back with Burgess and get Setterfield onto my forward line.

Looking to hold after this for a couple more weeks pending injuries, was tempted to move Heeney but will hold think he will bounce back once Swans play abit better.

Reactions: Prospector

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
With 8 days between Swans games I'm hoping it is enough time for Heeney's ankle to recover.
And they are playing Carlton which might help.

Although the ground surface at Docklands might stuff the ankle up right proper.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
With 8 days between Swans games I'm hoping it is enough time for Heeney's ankle to recover.
And they are playing Carlton which might help.

Although the ground surface at Docklands might stuff the ankle up right proper.
He's expected to continue to be sore.

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
I have no idea what to do with Mills.
No downgrade options. Every other position I have happy with.

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Mills to Brodie Smith and Heeney to Tim Kelly for me. Not 100% happy with this and worry at least one of these trades are sideways but Kelly seems too good to pass up on this form and Mills seems to be under-performing compared to expectations.

Reactions: TomCat

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
What are everyones thoughts on Goldy? I currently have him traded out. Looked cooked in the last game.
North are in a bit of strife i reckon

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
Mills to Brodie Smith and Heeney to Tim Kelly for me. Not 100% happy with this and worry at least one of these trades are sideways but Kelly seems too good to pass up on this form and Mills seems to be under-performing compared to expectations.

I'm never side swapping premiums. So Heeney stays.

I'm putting Mills in the not premium basket so I can trade him! Ha.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
So right at the moment my trades for the week are pretty much dependent on selection of both Ridley & Balta. If one of them is not selected then I'll trade them out for Parker - looks like he's about the only good rookie I've missed.

Kicking myself a bit. I had Parker in my starting team and then 10 mins before Tigers first game I traded him out for Balta.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015

I did Mills to Rocky last week and will likely trade Heeney to Lloyd this week. Mills isn't playing the role I thought he would be and Heeney's foot injury is a concern. At this stage I haven't got any rookies that need correcting so I'm happy to use the trades on premium corrections.