Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
Do we have the use of the captains loophole? cannot see a way of putting an emergency on anyone?

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Do we have the use of the captains loophole? cannot see a way of putting an emergency on anyone?
Yes we do but you have to have a bench player in the same position as emergency.And if you have more than one the lower score counts.
It makes it difficult to use the loophole.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
My "c" Grundy on 16 at qtr time!

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Never doubt the great man! I had him VC in Classic and was working out who I could trade him to next week until he went on a rampage!
Never doubted. I've got him in every team possible.
But I was hoping for an average score so that more would jump off him. He's still in 50% of SC teams but around 1,300 jumped off after rnd.1.

Mike

Mar 5, 2017
I have been using JJ as my loophole as he is injured and I have no other DEF on my bench. So if my VC does well, I put JJ on field with the C and get my other DEF score from bench. I used my loophole last week, but this week I need a backup plan. VC M. Crouch only got 96 and I am facing Rupert with his captain on Grundy (274) and he also has Pendles (133) *sigh*
Heppell or Zerrett... I really don't know. I would normally be confident with Zerrett but right now I don't know! Looks like another loss for me :`(

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Mike
It definitely helps to have a perma "c" available.
I thought my team was a bit thin in places but some of the lesser lights are surprising me: Rich is back in form; Aliir is fulfilling his promise; LD-U looked very good today.

Some time later:
Wow. A 1,492 score. Wasn't expecting that.

Last edited:

Mike

Mar 5, 2017
Update for loophole users. It doesn't count the lowest score for that missing position. It counts the lowest score on the bench overall (other than 0)

Round 3, using JJ (DEF) as loophole gave me the 62 from my bench FWD; instead of 72 from bench DEF.
Round 4, using S. Jacobs (RUC), I got 40 from bench MID instead of 68 from bench RUC/FWD.

Both of these scores were the lowest score other than 0.

This makes loophole using more difficult, as you need to consider the weakest player on your bench vs differential of points between C options

Reactions: Rupert

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I picked up Harry McKay with long-term aims. Didn't think he would pay off at all this year but he's having a pretty good game today.

Reactions: doddy2731

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I need to sure up my forward line.
Would anyone entertain a trade?
I'm prepared to offer Dusty & Gibbs.
Not for my Roundheads.
I'm not tanking but I'm more interested in a team for future years.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
How is everyone travelling atm?
I've been struck down with injuries and players simply not getting a run.
I have put the cue in the rack for this season but will be active on the trade front.
If anyone is interested drop me a line.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I'm relatively competetive this year but that's mostly because of Grundy and his "c" scores.
My defence is good, if not outstanding. but my mids and fwds are very spotty: Pendlebury and Buddy my 2 A-graders, the rest either maybes or not-quite-theres.

Still, I'm OK with my fwd as apart from Franklin they look to have bight futures.
It's my mids that are a worry.

M-Town Ballers

Patron '18
Aug 3, 2015
How is everyone travelling atm?
I've been struck down with injuries and players simply not getting a run.
I have put the cue in the rack for this season but will be active on the trade front.
If anyone is interested drop me a line.
Travelling well so far picked up a few rippers off the waver wire. Sitting mid pack hoping to hang in for finals

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I managed to finish 3rd on the head-to-head ladder but unsurprisingly lost both my finals.
My team just isn't that good so I tried to stay competetive while stocking up on future stars.
My rucks were stars, my backs were reasonable if without any real stars, my mids and forwards are mostly a work in progress - I'm hoping players like Berry, Brodie, Simpkin, McCarthy and Lipinski will be future stars.

I'm also hoping that everyone in this league wants the league to continue. It's nice to be able to build a team over the different seasons, to see how long-range planning can work.

@M-Town Ballers
I'd say that you've done more than just "hang-in" - 4th on head-to-head, 3rd on "points for" and now in the prelim.
Well done.

@Haychh
Thank you very much for doing all the managing stuff. Are you willing and able to continue?

Reactions: M-Town Ballers

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I managed to finish 3rd on the head-to-head ladder but unsurprisingly lost both my finals.
My team just isn't that good so I tried to stay competetive while stocking up on future stars.
My rucks were stars, my backs were reasonable if without any real stars, my mids and forwards are mostly a work in progress - I'm hoping players like Berry, Brodie, Simpkin, McCarthy and Lipinski will be future stars.

I'm also hoping that everyone in this league wants the league to continue. It's nice to be able to build a team over the different seasons, to see how long-range planning can work.

@M-Town Ballers
I'd say that you've done more than just "hang-in" - 4th on head-to-head, 3rd on "points for" and now in the prelim.
Well done.

@Haychh
Thank you very much for doing all the managing stuff. Are you willing and able to continue?
I have been trading for the future too and I am keen in going on over the years as I hope I have some of the good players in the coming years :)

I finished 9th which is probaly better than my main team :) but one minor complaint was that as I missed the finials I could not trade anymore so I might miss out on a young up and comers that plays in the final rounds.

Also thanks to @Haychh for running this and count me in for next year.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@M-Town Ballers
Congrat.s on the GF win. You surely hung in there, didn't you?
@Witz Wizards
Well done on making the GF and commiserations on losing

Final rankings:
1. M-Town Ballers
2. Witz Wizards
3. Sween's Machines
4. Olma FC
5. Stay Gold
6. Cavaliar Roundhead
7. Psychedelic Pandas
8. Fetus
9. The Try Agains
10. Pig Hunters
11. The Bandit Ducks
12. Massa's Machines
13. Gawn Fritch n SCC
14. Cass's Complaints
15. Sanj
16. Railriders
If we're back next year, which I surely hope we are, our draft order should be the reverse of the final ladder order.

@Haychh
Again, thanks for organizing the league.

M-Town Ballers

Patron '18
Aug 3, 2015
@M-Town Ballers
Congrat.s on the GF win. You surely hung in there, didn't you?
@Witz Wizards
Well done on making the GF and commiserations on losing

Final rankings:
1. M-Town Ballers
2. Witz Wizards
3. Sween's Machines
4. Olma FC
5. Stay Gold
6. Cavaliar Roundhead
7. Psychedelic Pandas
8. Fetus
9. The Try Agains
10. Pig Hunters
11. The Bandit Ducks
12. Massa's Machines
13. Gawn Fritch n SCC
14. Cass's Complaints
15. Sanj
16. Railriders
If we're back next year, which I surely hope we are, our draft order should be the reverse of the final ladder order.

@Haychh
Again, thanks for organizing the league.
thanks mate and sorry for not being socially active. I really enjoyed the challenge of the keeper concept and am eager to jump into my first proper Keeper daft. Biggest tip I could give Is you can win this platform from the waiver wire, meaning your only as good as your bottom half of your list.
does anybody know with 2020 team picker out do draft players get the same positional changes

BomberMan

Mar 5, 2019
Melbourne
thanks mate and sorry for not being socially active. I really enjoyed the challenge of the keeper concept and am eager to jump into my first proper Keeper daft. Biggest tip I could give Is you can win this platform from the waiver wire, meaning your only as good as your bottom half of your list.
does anybody know with 2020 team picker out do draft players get the same positional changes

Congrats on the win bud!
Draft positions are usually pretty similar with afew omissons players missing dpp etc, these are rare though. So looks like I'm pretty heavy on defenders going into next year haha

Reactions: M-Town Ballers