Round 9 Discussion & Trade Talk

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
For those getting rid of finlayson or dodee? Which one and why?

I have tentatively chosen finlayson as dodee potentially could score bigger maybe? I have no idea. Haha. Just someone send me something convincing.

Fyi i have moved sicily back, mclean into fwd and then finlayson/ dodee becomes danger. I think dangers time has come.

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Acres out for a month with a groin injury (yes GWS.... When a groin is going to be a month you come out with it straight up).

Nothing like a surprise injury on a Thursday night to stuff up your week of trade plans!!

Now flipping him to Danger and taking Phillips a week early. Next week will decide between Ainsworth, Cumming and Lobb.

Also bucking the popular opinion and holding Naughton. If he continues his 70+ form he may yet make another $75k once his donut cycles out. Has only made $100k so not gaining much moving him now. He might even make a solid D7.

I would agree with this but given the injury is an ankle depending on how long he is out for it could be another 5 weeks before you make that extra $75k

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016

I have tentatively chosen finlayson as dodee potentially could score bigger maybe? I have no idea. Haha. Just someone send me something convincing.

Fyi i have moved sicily back, mclean into fwd and then finlayson/ dodee becomes danger. I think dangers time has come.

I am keeping both, have decided to downgrade Naughton (going a week early on Phillips) and upgrade Henry (to Hogan)

Could make or break my season!

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I would agree with this but given the injury is an ankle depending on how long he is out for it could be another 5 weeks before you make that extra $75k
Yeah, but I'm aiming to upgrade as much as possible and the others are worth more than Naughton. Would be happy to keep Naughton at D7 and use the more expensive guys to upgrade.

Reactions: Steve

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Seriously? A month! Grr. Is he worth holding?
Saints have the round 14 bye, so you're looking at a month and then the bye as well, so he's probably not going to play again until round 15. For me, Acres is out and it's too long to hold him..

Reactions: Flying Scotsman

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Yeah ouch. Tough call then. I'm almost still swaying to Oliver. I worry about where Danger is playing this year, Ablett and Kelly taking midfield points and his injury niggles pre season. Still a solid top 8 player but can't seeing him get near last year. Oliver however is pretty consistent and on the rise. I think they are both similar but Oliver is cheap with low BE. I still need to get macrae, danger and oliver but macrae will come in maybe for kelly later unfortunately.
What about the bye rounds - when do Oliver or Danger have their byes and does one suit your structure better during the byes? I'm not sure which rounds Melb & Cats have their byes but it might be something to consider.

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
Really struggling with Goldy:
a) Hold - however I don't think he is going to improve.
b) Go to Kruzer now at a 130k discount, but cop a R12 bye and risk he is back to his best v injury prone.
c) Wait for Ryder and pick him up in R11 and I get 2 more weeks to hope Goldy improves.

I'm on 19 trades and feel like this is a sideways trade that I cant afford.

Is this sideways???

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Really struggling with Goldy:
a) Hold - however I don't think he is going to improve.
b) Go to Kruzer now at a 130k discount, but cop a R12 bye and risk he is back to his best v injury prone.
c) Wait for Ryder and pick him up in R11 and I get 2 more weeks to hope Goldy improves.

I'm on 19 trades and feel like this is a sideways trade that I cant afford.

Is this sideways???
C is the obvious one, assuming Ryder looks good and Goldy still poor. Best for byes. Doesn't have to be week 11, potentially could hold another week beyond that or even wait for Kreuzer post-bye as well.

Goldy hasn't cracked 90 in 6 games, with some easy opponents thrown in too. I think the trade out is more than justified.

I would also aim to get Grundy if you can, depending on where you need the cash. It's a big jump though. I went Stef to Grundy earlier in the year and I'm much happier for it. Gawn and Grundy are a another level above the rest this year.

Geoff123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Aug 10, 2017
I need to get a rookie defender rookie in this week to get either Oliver or Danger if I get Phillips in have to trade Tim Kelly which don’t want too who to pick out of Cummings or Keefe ?

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I need to get a rookie defender rookie in this week to get either Oliver or Danger if I get Phillips in have to trade Tim Kelly which don’t want too who to pick out of Cummings or Keefe ?
You can't use DPP?
I think that they have the same JS but at least Keefe has DPP, if you have Sicily?

Geoff123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Aug 10, 2017
You can't use DPP?
I think that they have the same JS but at least Keefe has DPP, if you have Sicily?
I’m limited by cash trading out doodae and Murray perhaps keefe then given he’s on the bubble

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
You can't use DPP?

I'm leaning towards Keefe as well although I suspect his JS may not be great. Lobb back in the team and only a matter of time before Patton comes back. Having said that, DPP with Sicily (or Tom Mcdonald) puts Keefe ahead for mine.

Reactions: Geoff123

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
Looking for some last min advice. Team is

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Doedee, Finlayson, Murray (Naughton, Richards)
MID: Fyfe, Cripps, Mitchell, Dusty, Coniglio, Zerrett, T.Kelly, Holman (Barry, Spargo, Coffield)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (English)
FWD: Heeney, McLean, Sicily, Petracca, Billings, Fritsch (Crowden, Langdon)
With $192k cash

Thinking Finlayson —> Keefe
Holman —> Oliver

Leaves $120k to make some moves next week for Danger.

Other option is Petracca —> Hogan instead of Holman trade.

Gives me $340k for a possible double upgrade next week.

Thoughts?

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
Looking for some last min advice. Team is

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Doedee, Finlayson, Murray (Naughton, Richards)
MID: Fyfe, Cripps, Mitchell, Dusty, Coniglio, Zerrett, T.Kelly, Holman (Barry, Spargo, Coffield)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (English)
FWD: Heeney, McLean, Sicily, Petracca, Billings, Fritsch (Crowden, Langdon)
With $192k cash

Thinking Finlayson —> Keefe
Holman —> Oliver

Leaves $120k to make some moves next week for Danger.

Other option is Petracca —> Hogan instead of Holman trade.

Gives me $340k for a possible double upgrade next week.

Thoughts?

I'd sway away from Keefe, he's unlikely to play through the byes and just because you have Sicily doesn't justify the DPP, you may only use it once or twice throughout the season.
I'd go;
Finlayson --> Phillips via DPP (sicily to defence)
Holman --> Danger

Geoff123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Aug 10, 2017
I'd sway away from Keefe, he's unlikely to play through the byes and just because you have Sicily doesn't justify the DPP, you may only use it once or twice throughout the season.
I'd go;
Finlayson --> Phillips via DPP (sicily to defence)
Holman --> Danger
Thanks for having a look ended up going doodae to Phillips via coffield dpp went early on Tim Kelly to Oliver because of his bottomed price and low break even will go Murray (colling wood) to Cummings and Holman (after his bye) to Danger will then be targeting Grey after his bye didn’t want to get rid of Tim Kelly but if not this week then would have next to complete midfield with Danger and Oliver.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

I chose Finlayson purely because GWS are struggling more than the Crows. Doedee was good tonight so pretty happy so far.

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
I chose Finlayson purely because GWS are struggling more than the Crows. Doedee was good tonight so pretty happy so far.
Great choice re Doedee! Tonight was impressive, 91 in the wet for a key defender who relies on intercept possies.. I'm glad I stuck with him and Murray down back, I think I'll hold both till the byes as they have decent ceilings

Cripptonite

Patron '18
May 23, 2017
Anyone got any inside info re Nank as a late out?
Not sure if I hold and cop the donut if it happens.... or go early and make some changes....
Possible trades could be:
- Stephenson --> Ed Phillips, and Nank --> Grundy.
- Nank --> Nic Nat, or Kruzer
Mainly playing for league so not sure if this is a bit sideways....

Also, have Cameron as bench ruck, so could also go Cameron --> Crossley

Fisker FC

Patron '18
Apr 21, 2017
Should I bring in Simpson or Lloyd?
Sydney's next few games = Freo, lions, blues, saints...

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I'm leaning towards Keefe as well although I suspect his JS may not be great. Lobb back in the team and only a matter of time before Patton comes back. Having said that, DPP with Sicily (or Tom Mcdonald) puts Keefe ahead for mine.

I'm looking at trading our Naughton straight to Keeffe. Have Murphy back so hoping he can smash out a decent score.

Just not sure who to punt out of Doedee, Finlayson or Murray. Leaning towards Doedee. I also have Zerrett - I can actually use DPP to upgrade
Great choice re Doedee! Tonight was impressive, 91 in the wet for a key defender who relies on intercept possies.. I'm glad I stuck with him and Murray down back, I think I'll hold both till the byes as they have decent ceilings

I ended up staying with Doedee as well. Glad i did.

I'm now considering upgrading Zerrett straight to either Danger or Oliver. Oliver is a bit cheaper and BE of 75. Danger higher price and BE but I suspect he will destroy the Bombers today. Any thoughts from the community?