Round 8 Discussion & Trade Talk

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
So maybe we don’t bring Danger in until the back part of the year?? Which rookies you looking at discarding this week. Finlayson has the highest BE of 80ish but he has the chops to make it. I held Holman last week and he went up a little. He has a BE in the mid 60’s, again he could make that. The other one is Banfield, BE I think is in the 50’s, again he may be okay with making that too.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Haven't done a full analysis yet, but quick look says Banfield, Barry and Richards are the only ones ready. They're also the cheaper ones unfortunately. There's no urgency on any of them and could wait until next week at least.

I actually think Doedee and Finlayson aren't far off because their scores have dropped off. They might even be the first 2 I trade out.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Banfield -> Spargo is locked and loaded.

Leaves me with 215k to upgrade one Billings/Christensen/Finlayson/Doedee/Murray to a premo. Thinking Oliver or Crouch.

Thoughts on which one to trade out first? Billings is causing me too much anxiety and I really want to just boot him out. But I feel he's lost too much money to do that and would prob have to sit him at F7 and hope he turns it around later.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Using some dpp Banfield to Spargo and Christensen to Hurley. **subject to team selections of course.

Still Holding Walters

Reactions: Dino

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Lots of questions for me this week. Going Banfield to Spargo, that's easy with $180k left in the bank. The other move (if any) is the main question:

1) Coniglio -> Titch - The main question here is can Cogs do enough to be a keeper? Need to decide now as he's about to dip in price, which isn't a problem if he's a keeper. But, if he's a "last upgrade" he might be good to move on at this price.

2) Billings -> McLean - McLean looks a keeper. Billings just keeps disappointing. But it feels such a waste....

3) Dunkley -> McLean - Dunkley back scoring well this week so would prefer to hold. But McLean will be up around $550k after this week so it's a good time to jump on him.

4) Brayshaw -> Zorko - Well.... Zorko didn't even make his BE this week to show how well he's been going!!! But a bloke who's averaged 110 over 2 years and played 129 out of a possible 133 since his debut. And when he goes big, he goes BIG. Beams finding some form to support him. To counter that, he's only gone under 50 on 4 occasions since he scored 16 on debut in 2012. 3 of those have been this season. He also still has to play Ben Jacobs twice. I'm tempted to take the punt....

5) Brayshaw -> Jack Redden - There was talk about him pre-season as an option. He started slowly, but he's really hit his stride the last fortnight. The knock is he's never averaged 105 before.

6) Hold and save the cash for next week. Doesn't look like any downgrade options next week though so would probably be looking at holding for a couple of weeks.

7) Double down and make an upgrade next week

Any thoughts?

Reactions: Geoff123

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
And NicNat has been given a 1 match suspension !!!
What an absolutely strange decision by the MRO! Arms weren’t pinned at all. The player decided to hang onto the ball rather than put his arms out to protect himself. How’s that the tacklers fault?

Reactions: Centroprise

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
Lots of questions for me this week. Going Banfield to Spargo, that's easy with $180k left in the bank. The other move (if any) is the main question:

1) Coniglio -> Titch - The main question here is can Cogs do enough to be a keeper? Need to decide now as he's about to dip in price, which isn't a problem if he's a keeper. But, if he's a "last upgrade" he might be good to move on at this price.

2) Billings -> McLean - McLean looks a keeper. Billings just keeps disappointing. But it feels such a waste....

3) Dunkley -> McLean - Dunkley back scoring well this week so would prefer to hold. But McLean will be up around $550k after this week so it's a good time to jump on him.

4) Brayshaw -> Zorko - Well.... Zorko didn't even make his BE this week to show how well he's been going!!! But a bloke who's averaged 110 over 2 years and played 129 out of a possible 133 since his debut. And when he goes big, he goes BIG. Beams finding some form to support him. To counter that, he's only gone under 50 on 4 occasions since he scored 16 on debut in 2012. 3 of those have been this season. He also still has to play Ben Jacobs twice. I'm tempted to take the punt....

5) Brayshaw -> Jack Redden - There was talk about him pre-season as an option. He started slowly, but he's really hit his stride the last fortnight. The knock is he's never averaged 105 before.

6) Hold and save the cash for next week. Doesn't look like any downgrade options next week though so would probably be looking at holding for a couple of weeks.

Any thoughts?
The only game Brisbane has come close to winning is the only game that Zorko didn't get tagged...no coach in their right mind would let him run free after watching that.

I would lean towards either Dunkley to McLean (maybe double downgrading if you don't think anybody is coming next week), but I can see how the true rookie-to-fallen premium option is the most tempting.

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
I am thinking Finlayson to Crouch after going Brayshaw to Spargo (which had put 249 in the bank)

inwhiterooms

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
I am thinking Finlayson to Crouch after going Brayshaw to Spargo (which had put 249 in the bank)

Great moves there mate. Two really strong ins

Reactions: Rob86

inwhiterooms

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015

Any thoughts?

Without knowing your full team I like 2 out of all of your options there. Making the same move myself this week, like yourself I’ve just had enough.

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
How is everyone tracking. My ranking took a hit after holding last week. This week it's Holan - Spago. Gives me round 300 K. Then I can upgrade garlett to McLean and tidy up the bench a bit. But not sure if I should upgrade backline fist and bring in Sicily yet. Can get him for Murray/ fodder but reckon they have more to go. Thoughts

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Crouch is good option. Better get on him before he jumps up again

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Crouch is good option. Better get on him before he jumps up again
Agree, but I'm giving Crouch one more week. He's got a BE of 96 and might attract some attention from Ebert/Rockliff in the showdown, particularly if Sloane misses another week. He's on my radar for sure.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
What to do with nick Nat old or go to grundy
Depends in circumstance:
- If you have a playing R3 just hold
- If you are playing for league, just hold
- if you are playing for overall, would probably trade to prevent a donut
- If you're planning to go to Grundy eventually anyway, then just do it now
- Consider the option to trade your non-playing R3 for a playing one - McInerney and Crossley don't look like the worst options going around.

Generally would say just hold, especially given Grundy has a leg injury which may or may not be limiting him currently. Grundy and Gawn are the clear top 2 rucks this year, but nothing to say NicNat can't get close to what they'll do after the byes.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
The only game Brisbane has come close to winning is the only game that Zorko didn't get tagged...no coach in their right mind would let him run free after watching that.
That's the main concern.

Was thinking the same thing about Macrae. He single-handedly won them the game on the weekend. The opposition have only tagged him once this year which was Banfield in round 5. Dogs got thrashed in that game and Macrae scored his only sub-100 score for the year. After the weekend they can't ignore him and with Bont hampered, he's the obvious target. Even with Bont, you'd be tagging Macrae first at the moment.

On the run from here they play North (Jacobs), Port (Ebert/Rockliff) and Demons (Vince) twice each. All but one of those games comes after the round 12 bye (5 out of 11 games).

I was looking to pick him up after his bye. But looking at that I'm wondering if he might not be the best option? If he only averages 110 during this time, there might be better cheaper options out there?

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Considering a double down this week, don’t have much in bank and feel like The likes of Finlayson Murray and doedee will all be tradable. If I double down I’ll be able to move two of those guys on potentially maximizing the cash I make.
For example if I go Finlayson to spargo via dpp and English to the big O. Next week I can move on Murray and doedee, with Banfield as a third option if one of those players spikes a big score.
I will probably end up doing a one up and one down type scenario just because of the points on field issue, I just feel it’s a good time to move English on to the big O setting up a stronger bye structure.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
NicNat gets the week upheld by the tribunal. What a crock.

Yes, I am a NicNat owner....I'll be holding and wearing a donut :-(

Reactions: Azza Jones