Draft league?

Tuk

Mar 14, 2018
Have noticed the draft turn time is 90 seconds. With 304 picks to be made this could turn out to be a very lengthy exercise and I vote we reduce to 30 seconds if the majority are keen to make it 30?

Keen for a bit shorter time limit on the selections.

Calexico

Mar 5, 2016
Most people tend to move pretty quickly but if you have a couple who are auto-selecting from a pre-draft list then it can drag out very quickly.

I'm pretty sure if someone is not logged in for the draft, their auto-pick is instant. The more people you have logged in, the longer the draft will generally take.

I think 30 seconds is enough, you can actually queue up your next pick while you're waiting for your turn to come around. Of course sometimes the person before you will pick that player and you have to quickly pick someone else, but I think that just adds to drama of it.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Yep good call with changing the pick time to 30 seconds I've now changed it! Good news we've got the 16 teams!

I'll sort out the draft order tomorrow!

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Alright so Draft order done! Is as follows.

1. Tom's Terminators
2. Witz Wizards
3. Sanj
4. Moama Maulers
5. Psychedelic Pandas
6. Patch's Potatoes
7. Knight 2 a GunFyfe
8. Caz's Complaints
9. Railriders
10. Pig Hunters
11. Stay Gold
12. Massa's Machines
13. Goodfanuffinlosers
14. Heaps Dinkum
15. The Bandit Ducks
16. Woefully Inept

Draft type is snake so 2nd round will be 16-1, 3rd round 1-16, so on and so forth

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
So how many keepers do we have at the end of the season? Our entire squad or a specific number?

tmac

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jan 5, 2016
Is the D/K league still going ahead? First time I've.come back to the thread since I joined and it looks like a new one was formed?

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Wife did her back so I could only get on for a few picks sorry. Also missed the first 5 picks.

I have ended up with the #1 defender (Docherty) as well some young up and comers in N Jones, B Goddard and S Burgoyne :confused:

tmac

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jan 5, 2016
Wife did her back so I could only get on for a few picks sorry. Also missed the first 5 picks.

I have ended up with the #1 defender (Docherty) as well some young up and comers in N Jones, B Goddard and S Burgoyne :confused:

Those boys will be ripe about 2020. - should be a threat by then. No good about your wife mate.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
So how many keepers do we have at the end of the season? Our entire squad or a specific number?
I believe it can be your entire squad if you like, tbh I'm not entirely sure how it all works at the end of the year so we'll all be learning together

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Is the D/K league still going ahead? First time I've.come back to the thread since I joined and it looks like a new one was formed?
I think it's still going ahead but we haven't seen or heard from the commisioner since he created it. I was still in it and forgot all about it until about half an hour in, jumped across and I had drafted Docherty and Goddard :oops:

Cal Batty

Patron '18
Patron '19
Feb 26, 2018
FK sorry guys!!!! Had a bit on and kinda put this on the back burners. 10 team league still happening. Sorry for no replys :oops:

Mike

Mar 5, 2017
Haha just had a good time reading all the latest comments. Draft was crazy for me because I ended up getting an invite to a lucrative UF draft league on the same day, so I was drafting two teams at once!! I got Zac Williams through auto-pick. Would have preferred Doch but I guess williams will do; time will tell if he returns to 2017 form in the future. I also decided to drop some old-out of form players for possible up and coming players but time will tell on those decisions too. Bad luck for me so far in the comp... Zerrett went down round 1 and M Crouch went down this round! :(

I think if we get a choice on how many we keep we need to make a ruling on how many. My vote is half the team is a good idea, so 10 players we can keep and the others go back into the draft. This seems fair to me?
10 players will mean you will need to find 4 new players for your starting team and a new bench each year - 9 players.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Toadvine

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Haha just had a good time reading all the latest comments. Draft was crazy for me because I ended up getting an invite to a lucrative UF draft league on the same day, so I was drafting two teams at once!! I got Zac Williams through auto-pick. Would have preferred Doch but I guess williams will do; time will tell if he returns to 2017 form in the future. I also decided to drop some old-out of form players for possible up and coming players but time will tell on those decisions too. Bad luck for me so far in the comp... Zerrett went down round 1 and M Crouch went down this round! :(

I think if we get a choice on how many we keep we need to make a ruling on how many. My vote is half the team is a good idea, so 10 players we can keep and the others go back into the draft. This seems fair to me?
10 players will mean you will need to find 4 new players for your starting team and a new bench each year - 9 players.

Thoughts?
I like that suggestion.

I had a shocker this week. Forgot to check my team after teams were named. Hannan, Tucker and Z.Smith left out. Ben Reid a late out. My waiver claim never made it on the field for Docherty either. Absolute mare!!!!

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
With Treloar going down, I'm hoping Darling is back to pick up the slack.

All the best.
Injury list still says 3-4 weeks away so doesn't look likely unfortunately! I brought in Treloar into my classic team last week and trade him out this week. :(