Draft league?

Tuk

Mar 14, 2018
Hey guys.

Are there anymore spots free for keeper or regular draft leagues?

Would be keen. Flexible for draft times. I’m just finding it difficult to follow exactly what’s happening with the thread.

Calexico

Mar 5, 2016
Feel free to get them on board. Would be good to get 18 committed players who are keen on sticking it out for a few seasons

Cool, I'll see who I can get to join.

Just wondering though, if we get 18 teams, with 22 players per team, won't that spread the stocks a bit thin? And during byes rounds when several teams don't play it might be hard to field a full team.

Then again, it might just add to the challenge. Either way, I'm looking forward to it!

Reactions: Sanj

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Hey guys.

Are there anymore spots free for keeper or regular draft leagues?

Would be keen. Flexible for draft times. I’m just finding it difficult to follow exactly what’s happening with the thread.
Yeah mate keeper/draft league. 248383

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Cool, I'll see who I can get to join.

Just wondering though, if we get 18 teams, with 22 players per team, won't that spread the stocks a bit thin? And during byes rounds when several teams don't play it might be hard to field a full team.

Then again, it might just add to the challenge. Either way, I'm looking forward to it!
Yeah good point! Maybe I should change it to 18. I'll have a look today and possibly reassess

GFNL Blue Baggers

Perennial Finalists.
Veterans
May 6, 2015
Brisbane, Qld
13 Teams at Present, you could cap it at 14 if you have one more player coming in (if you advertise, you should fill it quickly).

Vets have 2 x Money Draft Leagues. I just checked & one has 14 Teams, 19 Players (4/5/1/4 - 5 Reserves)

That should ensure reasonably strong squads.

Reactions: Calexico

massarotti8

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 14, 2017
Looking forward to it Sunday, so is it just the SCC Keeper (248383) that is going ahead and we can leave the SCC Forum D/K (201224)?

They're both on at the same time on Sunday so doubt both can get off the ground.

Reactions: Toadvine

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Alright so I've changed it to 16 teams and 19 players. @Calexico brought up a good point that the talent pool would be fairly thin with 18 and 22 considering that is the amount of players that play every week.

So I have changed it to 16 teams and 19 players hopefully that will be fine. It's probably a good amount because it won't be too thin but it's enough to make you think about some players you would usually never consider for SC to round out your side.

If anyone has any objections or suggestions feel free to let us know, I'm new to this whole thing too.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Looking forward to it Sunday, so is it just the SCC Keeper (248383) that is going ahead and we can leave the SCC Forum D/K (201224)?

They're both on at the same time on Sunday so doubt both can get off the ground.
Feel free to stay in D/K if you like, I'm not running that one so I'm not sure if it will kick off or not.

I just made another one because I thought we might as well make use of the increased keeper league interest and we were running out of time and couldn't get a response from the bloke who created the league.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Also in regards to the draft order there is a button I can push to randomise it when the league is full. I work with one other guy in the league I can have him watch me press the randomise button once to confirm it was all done fairly. I think this is probably the best way to decide unless anyone else has a better suggestion?

Tuk

Mar 14, 2018
Any chance of a small sporting wager?

Also, is it a keeper draft or just for the year?

Reactions: zac

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Any chance of a small sporting wager?

Also, is it a keeper draft or just for the year?
Might be a bit hard to organise 16 to pay up on this short amount of notice. Maybe something we could organise for next year

massarotti8

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 14, 2017
Have noticed the draft turn time is 90 seconds. With 304 picks to be made this could turn out to be a very lengthy exercise and I vote we reduce to 30 seconds if the majority are keen to make it 30?

Reactions: Tuk and Toadvine

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
Have noticed the draft turn time is 90 seconds. With 304 picks to be made this could turn out to be a very lengthy exercise and I vote we reduce to 30 seconds if the majority are keen to make it 30?

I don't mind either way. You'd think most people wouldn't use the full 90 but I'd be fine with reducing it to 30.

Fast game is a good game as they say haha

massarotti8

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 14, 2017
I don't mind either way. You'd think most people wouldn't use the full 90 but I'd be fine with reducing it to 30.

Fast game is a good game as they say haha
Most people tend to move pretty quickly but if you have a couple who are auto-selecting from a pre-draft list then it can drag out very quickly.

Reactions: Toadvine